PDA

View Full Version : annual pass

Kisobel
06-07-2008, 03:48 AM
where should i buy one?? and do i have to wait until i'm at the parks??

kate

busterthebronco
06-07-2008, 07:41 AM
i think my DW gets them online.

DizneyRox
06-07-2008, 08:16 AM
There are no real discounts on the AP for most. I think they offer one for Military (active or retired), Cast Member, and also DVC. If you don't qualify for any of those, the only real savings your looking at is a early purchase to avoid a price increase.

I always buy directly from Disney.

Goofeygal
06-07-2008, 09:16 AM
You can also buy you AP at your local Disney store.

bmj721
06-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Speaking of AP's where do I get mine activated once we're in Florida? I assume the resorts can not activate them. Last time we had an AP discount for the resort we didn't need to have the Pass activated prior to check-in. So, I've been trying to figure out the logistics of arriving at the resort via ME then turning around and taking a bus to DTD to get the AP activated, then bussing back to the resort to check-in. In the mean time, I have 4 other people with me. More than likely they will remain at the resort while DH and I conduct our travels. Any other options?

magicofdisney
06-07-2008, 02:40 PM
They can be activated at the Guest Relations window outside any of the 4 main parks. Your voucher will probably suffice if any verification is needed at check-in. :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-07-2008, 08:09 PM
They can be activated at the Guest Relations window outside any of the 4 main parks. Your voucher will probably suffice if any verification is needed at check-in. :mickey:
Official policy is an ACTIVATED pass at check in. Voucher may work, may not. I wouldn't risk the discount on luck.

Ladyvader
06-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Annual pass vouchers are redeemed at the Guest Relations window as mentioned before. If you are a Florida Resident make sure to check into the the special rates offered for your pass. AAA offers discounted tickets, as does some travel agents. They also can be purchased online through Disney.
Always have a valid ID present with you to verify your identity.

TiggeRia
06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
If I buy an AP now but don't use it until my next trip in December, when does my year start---now or at my first use? :mickey:

disney323
06-08-2008, 01:22 PM
I few years ago we bought ours at the local Disney store.
1) We knew the prices were going up
2) Sales tax was less here 5%
3) They take affect when you activate them in disney.

magicofdisney
06-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Official policy is an ACTIVATED pass at check in. Voucher may work, may not. I wouldn't risk the discount on luck.
Yeah, and we all know how Disney sticks to official policy...

I've had an AP for a few years now and NO ONE has ever asked to see it when I've checked in under the AP rate. I must be one lucky person. :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
2) Sales tax was less here 5%

You ALWAYS pay Florida state sales tax on tickets, regardless of the sales tax in your city/county/state.

KylesMom
06-09-2008, 10:46 PM
You ALWAYS pay Florida state sales tax on tickets, regardless of the sales tax in your city/county/state.
That's always been our experience - it costs the same ordering online from Disney or purchasing them at TDS - you should only be charged FL sales tax, not your own state's tax rate.

bigbabyblues
06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
DH called and ordered ours from WDW a few weeks ago. We plan to stop at DTD before we arrive at our resort and activate them. They can be activated at Guest Relations.