PDA

View Full Version : ToT

jrkcr
06-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Does anyone know, and I am sure someone does...
Is ToT at DL the same ride as the one at WDW?

I rode it at DL, and really did not like it much...I knew I wouldn't cause I don't like drops. But I hate chickening out of things that scare me. Never plan to do it again-but I have a cool "I survived ToT" necklace to wear! :thumbsup:

Funny-when I got off the ride, DH asked did I like the cool visual effects. What?? Was I supposed to be focused on something other than trying to not die?

So now DH tells me I should try ToT at WDW cause it is a different ride. :confused: Is he just trying to get me to ride it, or is there a difference?

SpecJoe Magic
06-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes, there is a big difference. Tower of Terror at WDW has numerous random drop sequences. Plus there is a fifth dimension scene that does not exist in Disneyland's version, and the voice over actor at WDW sounds exactly like Rod Serling.

Polynesian Dweller
06-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, very big difference as stated, but also the theming is far superior at WDW starting with the hotel gardens, through the lobby, and to the elevator. Far superior at WDW IMHO.

Mousemates
06-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Have ridden both and there are some differences...but about the only memorable thing my DS and I liked better at Disneyland was some of the interior decorations/theming and one particular special effect that occured just prior to entering the shaft for the drop...a blue electric/lightening picture thing...we both thought it was really cool.

I'd give a better description of it if I could, but we only rode out there one itme and since I've got a thing with heights, by the time I get off the ride alot of my short term memory seems to get wiped by the sudden steep drop:blush:.