PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fish

PetefromRI
06-06-2008, 08:12 PM
We have ADR's for the Flying Fish in September.I've heard some great things about it but please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on the food and restaurant.We can't wait to try this restaurant,it's our signature meal on the DDP.

sillyolbear
06-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Flying Fish is one of our favorites. Best seafood in WDW. Service is outstanding. The menu changes to take advantage of the best ingredients available.

Great choice and enjoy your meal!

Crow
06-06-2008, 09:38 PM
i ate here last trip. red snapper was great.
i plan on eating here again in Sept

Maleficent's Dad
06-06-2008, 11:30 PM
We've eaten at the FF numerous times and love it. It seems as though ever since Jym (Natazu) wrote his review here on Intercot, the place has gotten much more popular! ;)

The potato wrapped snapper is the signature dish here, and I do admit, it's not my favorite. I'm in the minority on that one, but all the food is excellent here. I'm a big fan of tuna, scallops, and other seafood, and it's all prepared very nicely at FF.

In November, I brought my brother to FF. He's a foodie - a real food snob - from Manhattan, and he was very impressed with the place. We actually cancelled ADR's at Narcoosee's one night to revisit FF a second night (consecutively).

If possible, I do recommend asking if the counter seating (at the kitchen) is available. The cooks/chef will occasionally send some "samples" your way if you're there. Even if they don't, you can watch as meals are prepared.

The crab cakes are wonderful. My brother had a scallop special served in a wonderful reduction sauce... they were to die for! They weren't part of the normal menu but a special that night.

Natazu
06-07-2008, 02:55 AM
The review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570) in question.

goofy-4-disney
06-07-2008, 03:48 AM
I was fortunate enough to eat at the FF my last trip to the World. In our group of 3 our entres were the NY strip steak, potatoe crusted red snapper and the salmon. Based on the 3 entres and the appetizers it was by far one of the best meals i've ever had in the World. I would easily go back on my next trip without hesitation. I also suggest the wine pairings that they offer. :mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
06-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Flying Fish is a must do during everyone of our trips to WDW. I think it is the most under-rated restaurant at WDW and it is one of favorite restaurants throughout all of WDW.

My boyfriend has always tried a different fish meal every time we have dined at Flying Fish. He has always been impressed and has always been one of his best meals of our vacation.

I always have the same meal - the NY Sirloin dish with a wonderful sauce on top. It is the best steak in WDW.

The desserts and drinks are great.

Enjoy!

mouseketeer mom
06-08-2008, 03:56 PM
The review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570) in question.

Natazu is the reason we made 2 ADR's for the FF...one in August, another in November. I cannot wait to try it.