PDA

View Full Version : Cake pick-up

mom2mickeyfan
06-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm sure if I searched I might could find the answer to this question but surfing on dail-up takes LOTS of time. So I am hoping someone can give the answer to me.

We will be WDW at the end of June and we will have our anniversary while there. We are not staying on-site but at Orange Lake Resort that is close by. We are only doing 2 TS and one of those is for breakfast and the other is at DHS. I wanted to get a cake for us but didn't want cake at breakfast and since we are eating buffet for dinner plus wanting to stay at the park after eating, I decided not to order one for that meal either. Soooo...the question is....Is there a way I can order a cake to be picked up that we can just enjoy in the room? I'm sure I can stop at a grocery store and pick something up but wanted something special.

The family we are traveling with has a little boy that is celebrating his birthday (even though its a few weeks after) so I thought about getting him one of those Mickey head cakes if I can find somewhere to pick it up. Does anyone know the cost of those?

TIA

MauiMouse
06-06-2008, 10:31 PM
You use to be able to just tell your server or when you check into the restaurant that you'd like a 6" cake. Also tell them that it's your anniversay, they may surprise you. I'm sure that they would have no problem letting you carrying it out. But I'd double check. You can call Disney directly at (407) 824-2165. They also have other size cakes as well.

junedis
06-07-2008, 08:05 AM
When searching for a cake for our anniversary, I found that the Grand Floridian offered the most selections of cakes from their bakery. I'm sure you could something you like and something you could pick up to go! Good Luck!

TheRustyScupper
06-07-2008, 02:27 PM
1) Publix at Orange Lake entrance can make some spectacular cakes.
2) Google them at Publix Orange Lake.
3) Or call at (407) 239-4989.

RockChalkKimball
06-07-2008, 04:36 PM
You can call most any of the resorts restaurants and order a cake. You can get just about any type you like. We were staying at POFQ and were able to pick one up at Olivia's at OKW. It was a two layer with strawberries and custard in the middle. We got it for my parent's 50th anniversary. It was around $40.

MinnieMommie
06-07-2008, 05:15 PM
When DD turned 21 we ordered and picked up a cake from Boardwalk Bakery then brought it to the Tambu Lounge at the Poly for cake, appetizers and a lapu lapu. They were so nice and brought us napkins, mickey head dishes and forks. It made her birthday very special. :mickey: