PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Magic Kingdom

cincymommy
06-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Alright, well we are leaving for WDW soon and I would really appreciate some advice on how to best navigate Magic Kingdom with a toddler. We would love for him to be able to do the small child appropriate rides like Dumbo, Tea Cups, Magic Carpets, Peter Pan, Pooh, and Buzz Lightyear. If we take advantage of the early extra magic hours,what would be the best way to "attack" Magic Kingdom? Any advice/tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

faline
06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd suggest taking advantage of the morning Extra magic hour if you are staying on-site and heading immediately to Fantasyland covering as much ground as possible before the park opens to all visitors.

alilprincessmom99
06-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I agree with Faline. Take advantage of the morning EMH and head straight to Fantasyland and get those rides out of the way before the regular crowds start to arrive. I would then head into Tomorrowland for Buzz. And then into Toontown.

SpecJoe Magic
06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
You are doing the right thing by taking advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hours because many of those attractions you mentioned have the shortest wait times early in the morning, and the lines will only get longer as the day goes on. I suggest you go for Dumbo first and then Peter Pan's Flight. Those two always seem to be among the longest wait times at the Magic Kingdom. After that, I would go for Pooh and the Mad Tea Party. Buzz Lightyear and the Magic Carpets tend to have shorter wait times than the others in your list, and they are located far away from the other attractions you mentioned. I hope this helps.

indytraveler
06-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I agree with going to Fantasyland first. Either EMH or not on the days you plan. EMH in am would be best. Peter Pan, Pooh, Buzz are all FP rides. So keep that in mind. Don't ever wait in standby line for Peter Pan! Go ahead and stay in Fantasyland for as long as you can during EMH. Ride the ones you want as many times as you can. Plan your next ride before you get off the ride you're waiting for.
You can always go to Adventureland after the park opens to ride those rides.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree with EMH early and do Fantasyland. Dumbo is without a doubt the slowest line so hit that first. I would say Peter Pan next and then Pooh. I would try to do the rest of Fantasyland while I was there until EMH is over. Also to see Little Mermaid is usually a long and slow moving line so that would be a must do for girls before the crowds get to heavy. We usually then go get a Fast pass for Buzz and get in line for Tea cups.

Mousemates
06-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Due to the slow loading of Dumbo, I'd do it first...after that its kind of up for grabs...maybe get a fastpass for Buzz...then do Cups, PAn and the Carpets...hitting buzz at the tail end of the fastpass window.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-07-2008, 12:02 AM
You are doing the right thing by taking advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hours because many of those attractions you mentioned have the shortest wait times early in the morning, and the lines will only get longer as the day goes on. I suggest you go for Dumbo first and then Peter Pan's Flight. Those two always seem to be among the longest wait times at the Magic Kingdom. After that, I would go for Pooh and the Mad Tea Party. Buzz Lightyear and the Magic Carpets tend to have shorter wait times than the others in your list, and they are located far away from the other attractions you mentioned. I hope this helps.
This is a good plan of action! You might also want to head over into Toontown after you get these done to get some good pix with the characters before the lines get too long, and your toddler gets too tired.

Brainiak5
06-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Do Fantasyland with the EMH morning hours, then Toontown for some character interaction, then hit the resort for lunch pool & rest. The afternoon nap coll off is great as the kids get recharged and you can do some stuff in the evening when its a bit cooler:mickey:

We're doing that game plan at the end of the month - Tea Cups and Dumbo are must do rides at this point and when you get them off the checklist our kids tend to stay in a better mood:mickey:

andreallybadeggs
06-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Agreed that EMH is the way to go for all of Fantasyland...the only exception I might make to that is Mickey's Philharmagic. While it is an absolute MUST DO in my book I'd rather save it for later in the day when an indoors attraction with AC'd queue would be really appealing. Know some people prefer to do one land completely before moving on but I'd rather criss cross the park a bit to try to keep from doing the longest, outdoor lines in the heat of the day. Hope you and the little one have a wonderful time!:mickey:

elmjimmlm
06-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Also you could consider a early breakfast in MK before the park opens...That way you will be closer to Fantasyland before the crowds...

buzznwoodysmom
06-07-2008, 08:26 PM
When my children were younger we'd always do Fantasyland first thing in the morning. Most of the time we spent the entire first half of our day doing all the attractions they could go on. By the time we rode the rides they couldn't go on they were napping in their strollers and didn't care that mommy or daddy were going on a ride without them. This always worked for us and now that they are older we still tend to head to Fantasyland first thing in the morning. I guess it is just a family tradition!

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I usually ride Peter Pan 1st, but I'm 52. You might have to do Dumbo 1st. I haven't had young ones there since before fastpass, so I'll be clueless if DGS goes with us in Dec.

Anybody with an order of Fantasyland rides incuding Fastpass info?

jonahbear2006
06-07-2008, 09:08 PM
If you head to Fantasyland and ride dumbo, then the carousel, and then snow whites scary adventures (if the child can handle this ride, it is kind of scary) then Ariel's grotto should be just now opening and you can get a much shorter line than usual. At this age, most of the park doesn't matter when it comes to fantasyland. This is where we spent about 5 days out of our last trip. A lot of MK got ignored. You do want to go to tomorrowland and make sure to ride the space ranger spin. The little kids love this ride. Another toddler trick is to skip the parade and fireworks one night, to use that time to see a few things, since everyone is watching the parade. You will find that MK is much easier than it sounds with toddlers and isn't quite as daunting as it sounds.