PDA

View Full Version : Construction noise at AK?

epceddie
06-06-2008, 02:17 PM
My wife and I would love to stay in a savannah view studio at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but we're concerned about the construction that's going on.
Has anyone stayed there recently? Did you hear or see any construction going on? Did you have an enjoyable stay?
We would be using some valuable DVC points and wouldn't want to waste them if we were going to be bothered by noise.
Are my concerns justified?

KineGirl
06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
IDK about the construction noise right now but we stayed at AKL when they were converting the floors right above us in Jambo house into the DVCs 2 years ago and we heard nothing. They were also starting to break ground on Kidani and we didnt hear or see a thing. I believe they do most of the "loud" work when ppl are normally in the parks

pox24
06-06-2008, 03:52 PM
My wife and I stayed there last month. We were on the 6th floor and really saw more than we heard. No noise to speak of however we had construction right outside our balcony. Although we were excited and pleased with our concierge rooms and pleasantries,the view was disappointing. Room 6209 was overlooking new construction and painting of the Jambo house. I would go back anytime but would request a savannah room on the pool side of the Jambo house. I hope this helps.

Horizon93
06-06-2008, 10:11 PM
All of the construction going on is at Kidani, the new building that is on the other side of the Sunset Savanna. There is no construction inside the lodge.

If you have a Sunset Savanna view, Kidani will be in the background. If you have an Arusha or Uzima savanna view, you will not see Kidani.

The big issue will occur when they temporarily close the Sunset Savanna from Jan 19 2009 to May 1 2009. That close will be to put the final touches on the newly expanded savanna and to acclimate new animals to Sunset.

epceddie
06-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys.

As always, your help is much appreciated.

lockedoutlogic
06-06-2008, 11:39 PM
My wife and I stayed there last month. We were on the 6th floor and really saw more than we heard. No noise to speak of however we had construction right outside our balcony. Although we were excited and pleased with our concierge rooms and pleasantries,the view was disappointing. Room 6209 was overlooking new construction and painting of the Jambo house. I would go back anytime but would request a savannah room on the pool side of the Jambo house. I hope this helps.

We stayed there in early april and i agree 100% with the above post....

it was somewhat of an eyesore....but noise wasn't much of an issue....besides.....those rooms are pretty much soundproof the outside so you would be unlikely to hear anything.....

the construction does take away from the experience a little....i must say....having stayed there about 8 times before....

but it's still a top notch resort no matter what....MUCH better than Saratoga