PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: Epcot quarter-final: Nemo & Friends VS American Adventure

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-06-2008, 11:49 AM
If feels like you're in Kali River Rapids with the down-pour of rain going on right now in Winnipeg, Canada...hi everyone and welcome back to the Tournament of Attractions! here on the theme park forum. Time to pack up and head to Epcot for the second last quarter-final match for Epcot! However we did have a fun time in Epcot, as It's Tough To Be A Bug beat out Dinosaur by only 5 votes!

TO RECAP:

Epcot quarter-finals:
Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission: Space
Soarin' fly high above Ellen's Energy Adventure
(1 quarter-final match remains after this poll)

DHS quarter-finals:
Rockin' RollerCoaster drove circles around the Great Movie Ride
Star Tours blasted the Back Lot Tour feat. Catastrophe Canyon
(2 quarter-final matches remain)

MK quarter-finals:
The Haunted Mansion creeped out Space Mountain
Splash Mountain flooded the Country Bear Jamboree
(2 quarter-final matches remain)

AK quarter-finals:
Expedition Everest dried up Kali River Rapids
It's Tough To Be A Bug squashed Dinosaur
(2 quarter-final matches remain after this poll)

UP NEXT:

So far it has been a couple of blowouts in Epcot, especially with Soarin' knocking out Ellen's Energy Adventure a couple of matches ago. But now we're back in Epcot, and it's time to see who will win - Ben Franklin and Mark Twain or Nemo and Dori - as The Seas with Nemo & Friends takes on American Adventure!

WHAT TO DO:

Vote for which attraction you enjoy more.

The next poll will be up when this poll goes to page 2 of this forum.

Happy voting, and have a Disney day...and weekend!

Chris :hatter:

PirateLover
06-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I chose American Adventure. I was very disappointed in The Seas w/ Nemo.... It seemed to me that it could've been much better, and they just took the simplest path.

Belle_0717
06-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree. I was very bored at The Seas. I will take DNephew when we are back in October. I would love to see the Crush attraction - I never want to wait on the LONG LINE.

RAIDER
06-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Even though i am a Brit ... I never tire of the American Adventure especially the closing number
i believe its called " Golden Wings " ??? correct me if i am wrong ;):thumbsup:

BritCody
06-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I love American Adventure and with today being D-Day it makes it appropriate to go with American Adventure

bruin1344
06-06-2008, 01:16 PM
American Adventure, the show is good since it celebrates our american heritage, never acutally went on finding nemo ride because too big of line but doesnt look like it would be better than AA

Polynesian Dweller
06-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Went with American Adventure because Nemo is Ok but not as good an improvement as I had hoped. Obviously, being Canadian, I don't get the same emotional charge as an American would for AA, but it is well done and presents American Heritage in a very entertaining way. As such, it represents the US well to the world which is its goal.

avantgardeinker
06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Have to go with American Adventure on this one. It gives me chills every time.

:mickey:

beksy
06-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I had to go with American Adventure. I, too, was a little dissapointed in Nemo. I thought that they could have done more with it. Its ok, but nothing spectacular.

mainemajor
06-06-2008, 08:44 PM
AA has put me to sleep both times so while I enjoyed the time out of the heat I voted for Nemo.

GrmGrninGost
06-06-2008, 08:47 PM
American Adventure by a landslide! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
06-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I had to go with the American Adventure. We are huge Nemo fans, but the new ride just doesnt do anything for me. I feel like they worked so hard on that "real life" look and the rest got thrown together. Just my opinion. The American Adventure makes me feel proud and patriotic. I even tear up sometimes!

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Nemo is okay but I prefer the American Adventure. I went to it for the first time on my last trip and was surprised at how good the attraction was.

HndrdPrcnt
06-07-2008, 10:21 AM
The American Adventure ROCKS!! I especially love the pre-show with the group that sings the American classic songs in the waiting area! I get such a patriotic re-charge when I go see this. Honestly, this may be my favorite part of Epcot!:thumbsup:

tink'72
06-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Although I have never been to AA, the more I here about it the more I want to go. You have to remember, the Seas with Nemo and Friends was created with the idea of little kids in mind. Personally, I love it!
My little brother, who is 5, is fascinated with the fish and he loves the clammobile! :mickey:

kadesha
06-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I picked Nemo. AA is just boring to me.

laward32
06-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I went with Nemo even though it wasn't as good as I thought it could have been. I have never seen AA, but I will on the next trip.:mickey:

alilprincessmom99
06-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I voted for AA. That show brings tears to my eyes each and every time I see it.

Imagineer1981
06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
wow ..tight race but Nemo has it for me

FenwayGirl
06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
No contest for me... American Adventure