PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry of "Nations" music

big blue and hairy
06-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Is anyone aware of a CD with Tapestry of Nations music? Not the Tapestry of Dreams, I hate what they did to that music when they added the dream theme.

Thanks.

:sulley:

KylesMom
06-06-2008, 10:04 AM
If you're referring to the soundtrack of the Millenium celebration, yes, it's out there. It's very different than the new one they sell in the parks and is WONDERFUL.

If you google it, you can find the Millenium CD in several different locations. In fact, if you link through Amazon on Intercot's boards, you can purchase it there.

JPL
06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
It's also available on the Illuminations CD that is currently for sale at the parks :thumbsup:

KineGirl
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I love Promise/We'll go on .. which they still play sometimes after the current Illuminations. My daughter has the cd but I have no idea what the name is. She bought it in the park 2 years ago. I think they still sell it in Epcot

The Millenium Celebration was THE BEST! I miss it - the Village was unbelievable, the parade was too cool and I dont think Illuminations will ever be the same

ILoveLegos
06-06-2008, 05:03 PM
I'd love to see Disney produce a cd of the music that's played before Illuminations begins! I've tried compiling it in the past - but without knowing artisits or song titles It's a hard task to accomplish. I've seen some websites that give you hints about what's played but I'm really not sure if it's the exact order or not. I'd love a copy of the actual compilation that Disney plays because I really love the mood it creates prior to show time - very exotic but cozy.

Main Street Jim
06-06-2008, 07:00 PM
There's two versions of the IllumiNations music/CDs: the first one has the Nations music, and was put out during the Millennium Celebration, and is labeled as such. The current IllumiNations CD which is out (I believe) has the Dreams music. I liked both, because I prefer the original Nations, but the Dreams CD has the opening narration (with the Sprites and children mentioning Walt Disney).

Bethanymouse
06-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I have the Millennium Celebration CD. It includes the Tapestry of Nations theme. I found it for fifty cents at a garage sale!

DizneyRox
06-07-2008, 08:19 AM
I'd love to see Disney produce a cd of the music that's played before Illuminations begins! I've tried compiling it in the past - but without knowing artisits or song titles It's a hard task to accomplish. I've seen some websites that give you hints about what's played but I'm really not sure if it's the exact order or not. I'd love a copy of the actual compilation that Disney plays because I really love the mood it creates prior to show time - very exotic but cozy.
Using Google will definitely produce a track listing including performers and CDs this music is available on. I think most of it is on iTunes as well if you're into buying music.

Main Street Jim
06-07-2008, 05:42 PM
We have an album by Cusco which has a few of the old IllumiNations pre-show music on it. It's absolutely enthralling, and every time we listen to it while we're like cleaning house or something, it takes me back to the nights when me, my ex-wife, and our kids would go to Epcot at about 7:00pm, sit and watch Tapestry of Nations/Dreams, then wait for IllumiNations. I *love* it!