PDA

View Full Version : Lap Seating on Toy Story Mania?

mandalore15
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Will my 18 month old daughter be able to ride on Toy Story Mania if she sits in my lap? I've heard that there is no lap seating, yet I've heard there is no height requirement to ride. Can anyone help me out? We are heading over to Star Wars Weekends on Sunday and my wife and I would love to ride the attraction with our daughter. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-05-2008, 10:28 PM
There are two in a seat with a lap bar for each person. I did not see any lap riders when we were on it.

I did here them tell a couple that their child could sit in the middle. She just wouldn't have a gun to shoot. That might be a good option for you.

McGoofy
06-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Just last week when I was in line, I heard a CM tell a couple with a small baby that there was no lap sitting. One of the parents ended up getting out of line to stay with the baby.

joanna71985
06-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Also, there is quite a bit of spinning with this ride. I don't think I would recommend bringing a baby on it.

Hayden's Dad
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
What about handicapped seating? Do you have transfer, or do they have cars that the chair can rollup on?

TheRustyScupper
06-06-2008, 10:02 AM
1) No lap-seating for little kids or babies.
2) Handicapped must transfer to ride vehicles, per CM's.
3) The ride is way too jerky to strap wheelchairs or let kids on laps.
4) Everyone gets a lap bar.
5) It is just too violent for casual riding.

avantgardeinker
06-06-2008, 10:11 AM
If there's no lap-seating they need to put some sort of height requirement on it. Obviously an infant who wasn't yet sitting up well would not be able to sit in the seat next to a parent. We took our DD when she was 7 weeks and were able to ride on all of the rides without height requirements without a problem because we were holding her. I would have been a little put out if I had gotten all the way to the front of the line to find out DH and I couldn't ride together because of that.

:mickey:

Ian
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
What about handicapped seating? Do you have transfer, or do they have cars that the chair can rollup on?Handicapped riders have to transfer.

No lap riding. You can sit a small child in between the two adult riders, however.

Hayden's Dad
06-06-2008, 10:35 AM
If there's no lap-seating they need to put some sort of height requirement on it.

I agree if there is no lap riding then there needs to be a height requirement. My son is in a wheelchair, but he cannot sit up on his own. He would have to ride on one of our laps. That is what is so good about Buzz Lightyear, they have cars that the wheelchair that he is buckled into can roll into.

Mufasa
06-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Toy Story Mania is wheelchair accessible (there's a separate loading area with a car designed to allow roll-on/roll-off loading)

Wheelchairs can be rolled onto this specially designed vehicle in a separate loading area (in place of 1 of the seats, there is a space where a wheelchair can be loaded as long as the wheels can be placed into a locked position).

There is no rush to get situated in this vehicle as it switches off to a separate load and unload area by way of a track switch.

Note that larger ECVs and power scooters cannot be rolled onto this vehicle and guests in either of those must be able to transfer either to a standard seat, or first transfer to a provided wheelchair at the attraction to board.

Hayden's Dad
06-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Toy Story Mania is wheelchair accessible (there's a separate loading area with a car designed to allow roll-on/roll-off loading)

Thank you Mufasa that makes me feel much better. Although they need to make sure the no lap seating is posted before families wait in line.

mandalore15
06-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Drove over to WDW on Sunday and rode Toy Story Mania. What an awesome attraction! Fortunately, my 18 month old daughter was able to ride the attraction seated in between my wife and myself. There is no height requirement for the ride, but if your child is not able to sit up by themselves then I really can't see how they would be able to ride it. The ride can really spin you around, and most of the time we were having to hold my daughter in place so she wouldn't slide all over the ride vehicle! She enjoyed it, but she was bounced around quite a bit and her little head kept banging against the back of the seat (not hard, but enough to concern us).
I would say for those parents with any child younger than 12 months, you will probably need to baby swap. And then you will have to decide for yourself how comfortable you are having your little one seated between you. I think Disney would be well served to have some sort of retractable safety belt in place for little ones. It's very easy to see how an accident could occur. I think we will be baby swapping in the future, at least until my daughter is old enough to sit by herself and play the game.

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2008, 08:59 AM

1) That is great.
2) I had not seen that area or car before.
3) Thanks for the insight.