PDA

View Full Version : O'hanas Peanut Dipping Sauce

iceicebritney
06-05-2008, 01:37 PM
(This may not be the appropriate place for this post - so please move if so!)

I am looking for the recipe or the name of the peanut flavored sauce that is used in O'hana for dipping. We've mastered the wings and shrimp recipe, but i haven't been able to find anything about O'hanas wonderful dipping sauces! If anyone has any information, please let me know.. THANKS!!

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Isn't that peanut sauce devine! Actually, if you ask for the recipe at O'Hana, they will give it to you. I got a copy of it about 10 years ago, but misplaced it. Just call O'Hana and ask them to email it to you! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
06-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Here you go:

Peanut Dipping Sauce

Yield: 2 quarts

Ingredients

1 oz. garlic in oil
1 teaspoon Thai curry paste
16 oz. soy sauce
1 1/4 lbs. sugar
14 oz. peanut butter
1 oz. fresh ginger, finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste
chopped green onions & peanuts for garnish

Method:

1. In a medium saucepan, lightly saute' garlic in a small amount of oil.
Stir in curry paste. Add soy sauce and bring to a simmer.

2. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add remaining ingredients and
continue to stir. Season with salt and pepper.

3. Remove from heat and chill.

4. Serve in bowls for dipping garnished with chopped green onions and
peanuts.

This makes a ton of the stuff and sometimes comes out a bit thick, but can easily be thinned out.

iceicebritney
06-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Fabulous! Kay you are wonderful!! Thank you thank you!!

Now I do have a question though - what is "garlic in oil," i'm confused about that. and where do I buy "thai curry paste," anyone know?

A Mouse Fan
06-06-2008, 03:19 PM
LOVE the peanut sauce and I have made it before...even 1/2ing the receipe it makes a TON so be careful!
To answer you questions, you want to get 1 oz of garlic (you can get minced garlic in a jar in the spice aisle of your grocery store) and sautee it in a little oil...like Olive oil or Vegetable Oil.
I was able to get the Curry Paste at my regular grocery store in the aisle with the foreign type foods...like Asian, Mexican....the Curry Paste comes in a jar!
Good Luck!

TheDuckRocks
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Fabulous! Kay you are wonderful!! Thank you thank you!!

Now I do have a question though - what is "garlic in oil," i'm confused about that. and where do I buy "thai curry paste," anyone know?

You're welcome! We kinf of live in the country here and I had no problem getting the items at the local grocery store. Can't remember if it was Weiss or Martins or Food Lion.

ElenitaB
06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
If you have a hard time finding the curry paste in your area, you can always get it on Amazon. There's a link to Amazon right here under ICOT Affiliates!