PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Scariest/Creepiest Attraction Moment

Mousemates
06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
For my DW, hands down, it is at Honey I Shrunk the Audience when you feel the mice run across your feet (to her there are only two good mice in the world --Mickey and Minnie, all other mice are suspect at best).

Mine is now gone (Alien Encounter became the milder Stitch), but it creeped me out the first time the alien breathed on my neck.

So just wondering what one moment in a WDW attraction "most creeps you out" or gets your "fear factor/adrenaline rush" going.

KAT1811
06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Mine is now gone (Alien Encounter became the milder Stitch), but it creeped me out the first time the alien breathed on my neck.

:ditto:

I was SO creeped out!!! I am not a huge fan of things jumping out at me or sneaking up behind me. The breathing and his running around me was almost enough to drive me crazy!!! :hide2:

MushuGrl
06-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Tough To Be a Bug.

Those. Black. Widows. Do. Not. Rock.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Pretty much the entire Dinosaur ride. :scared: YIKES! :hide2: I do not like things jumping out at me. This is precisely why I do not go to haunted houses, except for the one at Disney. :hmghost:

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Disney stepped it up with the revised parts in the Haunted Mansion. I don't know what it is, but if you are quiet through the ride and let your mind wander, HM can be a little creepy.:ghost::bat:

LauraF
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
The truck with the headlights in Test Track right at the end. I know it's coming but it still makes me jump almost every time.

SBETigg
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
The creepiest for me? Pretty much all of Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous. :funny:

DisneyCouture
06-05-2008, 02:54 PM
TOT I get so nervous not knowing when the BIG drop is going to come. That ride scares me, but I keep wanting to go back.

Stu29573
06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
RNRC right before the "big launch." I suddenly realized "There's no way to get out!" and then Whooosh!

DisneyOtaku
06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
The LINE for TOT. The CMs there *really* get into the mood, esp. in the room where you watch the TV. They always seem to follow either me or my mother around.

Gator
06-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Without a doubt, Dinosaur. There's two creepy scary moments for me. The first is when you "go back in time" and it's dark and there are crzy sounds everywhere. The second is at the end when T-Rex tries to bite my head off. There is a primal fear when I go on it. And I'll go on it everytime I'm at WDW. I must be crazy.

thrillme
06-05-2008, 06:25 PM
For me...I don't mind mice, don't mind spiders, don't mind aliens...

The creepiest thing for me has to be at "It's Tough to be a BUG" when they ask that you remain seated while the cockroaches etc leave the room. COCKROACHES....EEEEKKKK.

Hull-onian
06-05-2008, 06:45 PM
The elevator operator really creeps me out.

Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator still in operation, waiting for you. We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode, you are the star. And this elevator travels directly to...The Twilight Zone."

Onboard the Elevator: "You are the passengers on a most uncommon elevator about to ascend into your very own episode of...The Twilight Zone. One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. That door is opening once again, and this time it's opening for you. You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension...beyond the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination...in the Tower of Terror. A warm welcome back to those of you who made it and a friendly word of warning; something you won't find in any guidebook. The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you're filling. Or you may find yourself a permanent resident of...The Twilight Zone"
Very creepy!!

brewcrew26
06-05-2008, 08:37 PM
ToT. I can't even ride the thing. I get so worked up in line and with the CMs. I'm so afraid I'll have a panic attack and there's no way to escape once you're in the elevator shaft. I get sweaty palms just watching anything on Travel Channel about that ride, or even listening to ride audio online.

2Epcot
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
The first time I went to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter ... Creepy but great, became one of my favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom. The thought of going to see Stitch again, now that is scary.

mitchsfan
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Seeing that final Visa bill. Scares me to death!

AllDisney
06-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Hands down...Alien Encounter. That freaked me out TOTALLY. In fact, the "encounter" was SOOOO bad I completely blocked out the experience.

Our friends had been to WDW and we were talking about our trips & what we all did while there. Our friends mentioned this Alien Encounter experience and I said "no", right away...NO hesitation whatsoever! We DID NOT do that at all. My husband begins letting me know what the experience was like and then all of a sudden it came back to me ....and NOT in a nice way. I had blocked that experience out of my mind for 5 months!

Close second is Honey I Shrunk the Audience...if it's not Mickey or Minnie than I am not a mouse fan. I now put my feet up on the chair before the mice run wild:thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
06-05-2008, 11:14 PM
:mickey:definitely Tower of Terror. I am too scared to get back on that ride yet my daughter loves it. I have a very close second to this; the kilamanjaro safari. Something about the fact that they can't control the animals or the fact that their machines can break down scares me. It is like a miniature jurassic park.

laughingplace<3
06-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Definetley Dinosaur. It terrifies me every time.

I haven't gone through the ride with my eyes open for more than 25 seconds :blush:

Von-Drake
06-06-2008, 08:00 AM
The first time I rode Alien Encounter..... yikes. I can still feel my skin crawl when I think about it.

dsnyfan001
06-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Im gonna def have to go with Alien Encounter... that was freaky, when It was my first time on it I didnt know why we had to be strapped in the ride! I was so freaked out by it! LOL. My second ride would have to be Tough to be a bug, for many reasons, I didnt like the bee sting lol lol and the very end, even though its cool, its still freaky when all the bugs are leaving and you can feel it!!!!! Oh yea and I agree with the Drew Carey one too!!! :mickey:

big blue and hairy
06-06-2008, 08:26 AM
My favorite creepy moment was completely unintentional. I know lots of people have mentioned that Test Track goes down a lot, but it only happened to us once. It was the first time we rode it and it was just as you face the barrier test. Even though you know full well you're not going to hit it, sitting there looking at it for about a minute before taking off at full speed was a little creepy. Especially since we hadn't gone through it before.

:sulley:

CU Tiger
06-06-2008, 12:22 PM
It has to be Small World for me. All those little people so happy, dancing and singing the same song. They just keep staring at you.:eek::rotfl::mickey:

briguy
06-06-2008, 01:44 PM
...For me is whenever I see one of them there tour groups heading my way.

Wait, that doesn't count? How about when I leave the park at the end or my trip?

No? Well then seriously it would have to be at the top of the stairs at either Summit Plummet or Humunga Cowabunga. Everytime I still tense up...

EJS-Houston
06-06-2008, 03:10 PM
For my DW, hands down, it is at Honey I Shrunk the Audience when you feel the mice run across your feet (to her there are only two good mice in the world --Mickey and Minnie, all other mice are suspect at best).

So just wondering what one moment in a WDW attraction "most creeps you out" or gets your "fear factor/adrenaline rush" going.

I'm ophidiophobic...so for me the moment in "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" when the giant boa constrictor lunges at the audience...well...let's just say I haven't been able to watch full on (in other words, any other way but through barely splayed fingers) in 3 tries.

EJS-Houston
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
TOT I get so nervous not knowing when the BIG drop is going to come. That ride scares me, but I keep wanting to go back.

Couldn't agree with you more!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Sounds weird but mine is the characters. For some reason, I am terrified of the "Stuffies". Mickey, Goofy, even Eeyore.:scared: I have even get willies if I photoshop one onto a picture beside me. How sad is that?
I'm thrilled they no longer wander freely and pop up out of nowhere, though it has certainly made for great entertainment for the rest of my group when I turn white and bolt at the sight of one of them.:bolt:
Thank goodness for Photopass and long range telephoto lens or my DH wouldn't have any pictures with Goofy either.

pittsburgh12
06-06-2008, 04:35 PM
When I was a kid it had to be The Haunted Mansion. When you first step in the dark room and then it lights up and looks as if the floor is actually descending!!! That was scary for me, but fun at the same time!!!

Polynesian Dweller
06-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Creepiest is Alien Encounter when the ride aparatus comes down. Absolutely hate the way it hit into my shoulders. It always seemed to hit quite hard. Not much better in Stitch. Anticipating that crunch creeps me out.

dmosher
06-06-2008, 06:28 PM
The last 20 feet of Expedition Everest! DW and I got that far and chickened out. The line was amazing and we were into it, but the screams from the distance completely freaked us out. This year however we are braving our fears and hitting EVERY thrill ride we have not done or at least haven't done in a long time. Whoopee!

Wish us luck.
:pipes:
D

jrkcr
06-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I loved alien encounter!! I wasn't at all scared or freaked out. The best part was me giggling at the grown men screaming their heads off....:blush:

But I avoided ToT for years, and when I finally rode it, I guess I was really scared-cause I totally can not remember anything to do with the Twilight theme. All I remember is standing in line, dark metal room(elevator?), seat belts, and dropping. Thats it!!

LizLovesDiz
06-06-2008, 08:55 PM
My DD and I were the only ones on Spaceship Earth right before closing one night.That was really creepy.I had to be the brave one,so when she said this is kinda scary Mom,I said,"really I think it's pretty cool!" :eek:

barnaby
06-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Hall of Presidents

That many politicians in one place scares the heck outta me. ;)

sisterslovindisney
06-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I know I'm odd but mine was Soarin (the one in DL). I'm afraid of heights and it is so real I really felt like I was flying. I closed my eyes almost the whole ride and kept holding onto my DS13 so he wouldn't fall. He was so embarrassed. He kept saying Mom, this isn't supposed to be a scary ride! Just thinking about it scares me, but I will try it again when we go to WDW in 2010.

elmjimmlm
06-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Seeing that final Visa bill. Scares me to death!

:funny:

Mine would have to be on Soarin' when you go over the snowy mountain...It took my breath away...:jaw:

crazeedizneefinatic
06-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Without a doubt...DINOSAUR! OMG, that ride just terrifies me. I hate sitting in the last row and it sounds like its running after you. I get goosebumps. I have to admit, I never saw the ending but heard that the dinosaur looks awful fake from my 7 year old, LOL!

readytogo2
06-07-2008, 10:29 PM
My first trip to WDW when i was about 6 or 7 and we rode the Haunted Mansion. When the Butler came up behind and scared me. Then when we went to get in the Doom Buggies the guy said i could stay with him.... Now that i tihnk about it is one of my fav. memories but still freaking and funny

Kairi_7378
06-07-2008, 10:38 PM
The first time we rode Dinosaur, DH was sitting in the front of the car on the right. The T Rex came out right on top of him. The look on his face was priceless in the ride photo!

DisnIse
06-08-2008, 11:15 AM
When I was 15, my BFF and I went on HM. Just as our doombuggy was going into the ride, a really cute boy CM jumped in front of our car and yelled. We FREAKED, as typical 15 year old girls do....
But to this day (11 years later!), I get creeped out until we're safely along the ride track.

And yes, I am sure that the cute CMs target teenage girls, but I still close my eyes and cringe until we pass that spot!:mickey:

alilprincessmom99
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I actually have 2. The first is no longer in existence, but it was the old Alien Encounter. That had to be the most terrifying attraction I had ever been on. The next one is Dinosaur. That attraction scare the bejeebers out of me every time i ride it. Typically in the pictures they show at the end, my face is buried in my DH's arm!

Trixietink
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
My fiance Still talks about when he was 4 and on the haunted mansion when the ghost sits in the ride with you he still says that it freaks him out...he is now 30 and going back for the first time since he was 4 for our honeymoon,i'm going to have to push for him to go on this...to me this is hysterical considering he is a tough guy with tattoos and piercings lol...:laughing:

thatkindofday
06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Mine would be Honey I Shrunk the audience with the mice, but I am the person sitting there with my glasses in my lap and my legs up on the chair. It would also be when the bee stings you in It's tough to be a bug, but again, I keep my back as far away from the back of the bench as possible and I have my glasses in my lap. So I guess mine scariest moment would have to be in Dinosaur, when the big dino at the end jumps out, but I ride it every time!

SurferStitch
06-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Hearing the gargoyles whispering and laughing as you leave the stretching room in HM. Very creepy, AND WE LOVE IT!!!!!:thumbsup:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-09-2008, 01:03 PM
The one and ONLY time I was on Extra TERRORestrial Alien Encounter...nuff said!

Chris :hatter:

BlueDorrie
06-10-2008, 01:57 PM
It's a throw up between HISTA and It's Tough to be a Bug. DH and I was extremely traumatized by It's Tough to be a Bug more than HISTA, not that we enjoyed the whole mice scene either. Between the divebombing bugs, spiders and those lovely creepy crawlies running under our butts, we were through with the attraction :ack:.

It's been ten years since we've done ITTBAB but my DH still will not visit that attraction and he made it well known again that he will not "experience" on this trip either.

mook3y
06-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Definately Dinosaur.

I took my DS when he was 4 on this ride. I knew it was the same kind of ride vehicle as Indy J at DLR, so didn't really think about it much, figured he likes dinosaur's, this should be cool for him.

It scared me pretty good, I felt bad for taking him on it without having tried it first.

the trooper he is, his comment coming out of it was "that was kind of scary".

tmosier
06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
The stairs above your head at HM make my skin crawl!

iheartfigment
06-13-2008, 12:49 PM
For me it's pretty much all of Dinosaur, and at the end of space mountain when your going through the tunnel to get to the unloading area it sounds like a whole lot of people screaming and it always freaks me out.

elmjimmlm
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM
It has to be those darn birds in SM when you are creeping your way to the top of the drop...That is when my heart is actually in my throat...:stop:

indytraveler
06-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I remember as a kid the Snow White's ride scared me to death, but I've outgrown that. I have to agree with the mice at HISTA.

jennsky
06-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Mine would be the "Alien" part of the Great Move Ride. I dunno....if I let myself go, I really start to believe that I'm on this space ship where some alien could get me! With the self-destruct alarm going off and the steam coming out of the pipes...it creeps me out totally!!!

Arnold Simba
06-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Has to be "It's A Small World." The dancing puppets remind me of that "Twilight Zone" episode "Living Doll" where the kid has a doll named Talky Tina that tells Telly Savalas "I'm going to kill you." Good grief, the whole attraction is full of "Talky Tinas!" lol

tjstrike
06-13-2008, 11:30 PM
TOT, I can't ride it anymore for fear of the first big drop !! :sick:

SFTrny
06-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Stitch's Great Escape...when he belches and you smell it. I don't know if it was exactly scary at the time, but the thought of doing it again terrifies me! UGH...I couldn't eat for hours afterwards. yuck.

Figment52
06-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Mine would be the "Alien" part of the Great Move Ride. I dunno....if I let myself go, I really start to believe that I'm on this space ship where some alien could get me! With the self-destruct alarm going off and the steam coming out of the pipes...it creeps me out totally!!!

Is it just me, or did they tone down that section at some point? Years ago, I seem to remember the alien coming down from the ceiling much closer to the ride cars than it does now. Am I imagining things?

For me, it would have to be Splash. Weird, I know, but the drop always gets me. I have to close my eyes everytime because some part of my brain thinks that, unless I do, I'm really going to be skewered on the thorns.

For DD, my thrill ride junky, it's not the big ones that get her - its Tough to be a Bug. I guess it never occured to either of us that an Arachnophob shouldn't see this show. When the spiders came down from the ceiling, I thought she would have a heart attack.

KayDee
06-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Ours would have to be the line in Mission Space the Red version the first time we rode it. All those warnings really had us wondering what we had gotten ourselves into. Freaky.

laward32
06-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Mine has to be at HM. The story is funny, but I got scared. We had just entered the stretching room and we were one of the last ones in, so we were toward the outside. The CM was going around telling everyone to step to the "dead" center of the room. Well I couldn't move any more toward the center, but I was past the marked carpet. I was minding my own business. My dad knew the CM had come up behind me, but I didn't. He got right next to my ear and just said "BOO!", but I wasn't expecting it, so he scared the living daylights out of me. My two DD's thought it was hilarious. Great memory for us.:mickey:

Boojum
06-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I have ridden Mission Space (the full-up version) exactly once. It made me feel really sick and weird, which I found scary. Then, once I got off, my equilibrium was messed up for a couple of hours afterward.

DH and DDs love it, though.

I may try the toned-down version when we go in October, but I ain't making any promises.

Arnold Simba
06-15-2008, 11:15 PM
I have ridden Mission Space (the full-up version) exactly once. It made me feel really sick and weird, which I found scary. Then, once I got off, my equilibrium was messed up for a couple of hours afterward.

DH and DDs love it, though.

I may try the toned-down version when we go in October, but I ain't making any promises.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. The one (and only) time I went on the ride I was sitting at the far left seat. During the ride, I started to feel very strange. I started sweating like the dickens. While the other crewmembers "oohed and ahhed", I couldn't wait for the ride to end. After the ride ended, I slowly walked to the exit. I didn't feel sick or nauseous - like you said, I felt my equilibrium was lost. It was as if my brain had been put in a blender for 4 minutes, then poured back into my head. I felt so poorly that after exiting the ride, I left the park, drove slowly back to my Disney hotel, and slept off the rest of the day.

Boojum
06-15-2008, 11:27 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean. The one (and only) time I went on the ride I was sitting at the far left seat. During the ride, I started to feel very strange. I started sweating like the dickens. While the other crewmembers "oohed and ahhed", I couldn't wait for the ride to end. After the ride ended, I slowly walked to the exit. I didn't feel sick or nauseous - like you said, I felt my equilibrium was lost. It was as if my brain had been put in a blender for 4 minutes, then poured back into my head. I felt so poorly that after exiting the ride, I left the park, drove slowly back to my Disney hotel, and slept off the rest of the day.

I didn't leave the park (probably should have), but I felt pretty rotten for that couple of hours. We went to the World Showcase--I sat on a bench in the shade while my family wandered around, and I eventually got okay.

NYdaily
06-16-2008, 12:05 AM
In March we went through half of Snow White with the lights on. All of that dust and trash and creepy black fabric hanging from the ceiling. It scarred us for life. :cry:

Figment52
06-16-2008, 01:06 AM

I didn't have any problems riding, but DD also experience a weird "off-ness" afterwards. Not sick, but she described it like if you have an ear infection, or a really bad head cold. Equalibrium was really off.

We skipped it on our trip in 2004, but last time we opted for the non-spinning. Not as intense, but just as fun. And the line was shorter, too. Happy to report, she felt totally ok afterwards. I would assume you'd be ok on the toned done version, but of course, that's up to you.:mickey:

applecore72
06-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Riding HM for the first time as a teenagers and seeing the bride with the beating heart. That really scared me!

4ubie1
06-16-2008, 10:22 AM
A:E got me the first time I went on it as well as Dinosaur. I don't do well with things popping out at me. I have been debating with myself on whether or not I am brave enough to try and go again on Dinosaur.:blush:

Meteora
06-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm ophidiophobic...so for me the moment in "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" when the giant boa constrictor lunges at the audience...well...let's just say I haven't been able to watch full on (in other words, any other way but through barely splayed fingers) in 3 tries.

I am also, and just knowing that there is a snake in the movie has prevented me from so much as entering the building. Is there a way to ignore it? If there is, maybe I'll give it a try...it doesn't, like, swoosh around your feet or anything?

I am not in any way a roller coaster person, so my moments always come when my sister talks me into doing one and I have a moment of sitting in the ride vehicle realizing that I'm on the ride now and pretty much going through with it. Eek!

However, more specifically, on our last trip when we did the HM, my sister remarked that the CM who (creepily) checked our safety bar was attractive. He must have heard us, because the next thing we knew, a moment after we actually entered the dark ride, his head was in our doom buggy. He was leaning over the side. I can tell you we screamed pretty loudly.

Momof2boys
06-16-2008, 01:11 PM
The truck with the headlights in Test Track right at the end. I know it's coming but it still makes me jump almost every time.

:ditto: I've taken to closing my eyes right before :blush:

JabberJaws
06-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Hmm I have to say that, when it was still around, AE was the scariest experience at WDW, IMHO. The one part of AE that always made me flinch (and was my favorite part of the ride) was when the alien would bust through the transport tube and all of the glass would "shatter" and explode at your face.

As far as current rides go, the end of Dinosaur where the Carnotaurus lunges at you just as you head into the station ALWAYS gets me. I know it is coming but I always find myself cringing and screaming.

Mary M
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I rode ToT hiding in my husband's armpit the whole time. I haven't since.

I've only ridden Dinosaur and AE once, too, because I just didn't like it. ITTBAB too.

I'm a wimp, though.

Mad About Mickey
06-17-2008, 08:13 PM
It's Tough to be a Bug, hand's down. While I absolutely love this show now I was totally crepped out the first time I saw it. The bug effects had me jumping out of my chair :bug::eek:

MushuGrl
06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Am I the only one that holds my breath when Hopper sprays the bug spray?

WDWFREAK101
06-20-2008, 03:45 PM
This wasn't MY momnent but somebody's in the audience of Country Bear Jamboree that happend on my Grad Night that STILL cracks me up! It was when Big Al comes out with his guitar and this kid screams "OH MY GOSH!!!! AHHHH!!!!" aparently this kid was scared of him for some reason and the kid's dad said "Yeah I know, they didn't have charmin yet so they had to use a pinecone. It is pretty scary." I have no idea why that cracks me up and I have no idea why they were at grad night but I think is is absolutely hilarious!

jennsky
06-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Is it just me, or did they tone down that section at some point? Years ago, I seem to remember the alien coming down from the ceiling much closer to the ride cars than it does now. Am I imagining things?

I think you're right about the Alien part on Great Movie Ride. It did use to come down closer to the guests, I think....that or I was just so scared that it seemed that way...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Am I the only one that holds my breath when Hopper sprays the bug spray?

Nope you aren't the only one, I have to hold my nose too! Also during the stinky smell In Journey Into Imagination too.

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I have a tie for when the Yeti looks like he's going to tear your head off on EE and when it seems like you're going to fly off into space on SM :eek2:

pdrlkr
06-20-2008, 09:16 PM
We were stuck, in complete darkness, on Dinosaur for about 15 mins. Everything continued to work except the ride vehicle. :scared:

AdventurerKim
06-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Alien Encounter was definitely scary! My scariest moment is just before the drop in Splash Mountain, which is why I rarely ride it.

Simba'sBud
06-21-2008, 10:09 AM
This wouldn't be the scariest, but the creepiest experience I believe I've had was riding HM last Christmas with no one else on the ride. The ride had been shut down for a short while and we (4 in our party) just happened to walk by just as they were opening it back up! The crazy thing was that we waited for others to come into the 'room' with us, but when they closed the doors, it was the four of us and the single CM! It put HM in a whole new dimension for me!!

dumbo ears
06-21-2008, 11:47 AM
mine is dinosaur. The loud noises and the dinosaurs jumpin out at you just scares me