PDA

View Full Version : In search of a chocolate covered frozen banana!!!

Ropachs
06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Okay, so in 2002, they were selling them from an ice cream cart somewhere in DHS (then MGM.) For some reason, I decided not to get one, that I'd have one later. We never went back to DHS that trip and I searched endlessly through the other parks for a banana with no luck. I'VE STILL BEEN WANTING ONE FOR THREE LONG YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone can please confirm a location for the chocolate covered frozen bananas, it MUST be on my itinerary. Even a sighthing of someone eating one would be fabulous:)

Tygger7
06-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I think I can make your day...I had one on our last trip, which was just a couple of weeks ago. I saw them at most every ice cream cart in every park. Pretty much any where that sells the Mickey ice cream bars has them, from what I noticed.

Please eat one for me too...they are so yummy!!

RockinRollerMom
06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Last December I remember them at most of the ice cream carts as well. I know for sure we got one at the cart outside of the living seas in EPCOT.

Kairi_7378
06-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I am pretty sure that I saw them in Animal Kingdom, but not 100%.

Your post made me think of the show Arrested Development, with their frozen banana stand :)

Mousemates
06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
frozen bananas :high5:

TinkRocks
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I was in Animal Kingdom a couple of weeks ago and they were selling chocolate bananas from an ice cream cart by the main pin trading location / Island Mercantile.

Ropachs
06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today's the first hot day we've had here and I'm having visions of that frozen banana dancing in my head! If you're at WDW in late October, I'm the one you'll see nudging kids out of the way to get to the cart:D

SBETigg
06-05-2008, 03:59 PM
In DHS, the cart is just outside the RnRC exit area. My daughter always gets one while she waits for the rest of us to come out. She doesn't like RnRC, but she loves those chocolate-covered frozen bananas.

thrillme
06-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I usually find them near the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom. They also had them around Asia.

I think most carts that sell the Mickey Ears have them but for some reason my craving always kicks in at Animal Kingdom. My DS goes for the Simba Paw or Mickey Ears.