PDA

View Full Version : Need to know

smartinez1
06-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Ok, we are planning on doing MVMCP during our December trip. I would like to hear from other people who have gone, on what time the events start and when is the best time to be there to get the most out of it. We are planning on doing MK all day the day of MVMCP. I am planning to break for dinner around 4:30 and hopefully get reservations at Chef Mickey's, as all we will have to do is get on the monorail, go to dinner at CM, then hop back on and hopefully be back at MK around 6 at the latest for MVMCP. Does this sound ok? Ihave heard that they let you in as early as 4pm, should we not plan a dinner for this day, or eat earlier/later? Any help would be great. Also, any other tips about the party would be much appreciated! Thanks!:mickey:

r4kids
06-05-2008, 08:45 AM
MVMCP is tons of fun. You may want to skip a park that day though if you plan to stay for the entire thing. It ends at 12AM. It snows and is lit up beautifully. The sell hot cocoa, gingerbread cookies. There are dance parties, 2 parades( later one is less packed), on stage shows,character interaction. We really enjoyed it. As far as your dinner. You can arrive in the MK by 4pm as you know, during 6-7pm they are just ushering people out who are not attending. Nothing really starts until 7pm, so you would be fine for an early dinner. Have fun!

kadesha
06-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't go to the park that day either. We are going November 20, and using that day as a "rest" day and going to the park at 4. I just can't justify wasting a regular admission ticket for that, when I could be spending a full day somewhere else with it.

avantgardeinker
06-05-2008, 09:08 AM
The sell hot cocoa, gingerbread cookies.

Everytime we've been they've given away the cookies and hot cocoa. Usually by the end of the night they are bigging people to take some.

You should be fine with this plan. Usually from 6-7 they try to get everyone that is staying for the party in one general area (usually Tomorroland) They'll start checking wrist bands at that time and ushering out anyone without a wrist band.

:mickey:

RockinRollerMom
06-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Depending on your party, if you can stay up late I would strongly suggest catching the second parade it is much less crowded.

We went last year and ate at Kona cafe at 5pm. I think we got to the party around 6:30 which was fine for us. I am pretty sure that the earliest ADR that you can make for Chef Mickey's is 5 p.m. unless they make earlier ADR's during MVMCP. If you are worried about the timing you could always do a TS for breakfast or lunch that day.

I agree with the previous poster that it is kind of a waste of money to get a park ticket for the day of the party. Plus it is a really late night so you might enjoy it more if you are rested up.

I LOVED the parade at MVMCP. It was my favorite parade that I have ever seen at Disney.

Hope you have a blast!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
While I personally did not enjoy MVMCP, I agree with the others. Do not visit MK during the day. You will be able to do most things during the party, and if not, visit the park another day. You'll want to rest to make sure you get your money's worth by seeing the parade and fireworks (although again, I didn't care for either one).

You can get in as earlier as 4pm, as others have stated and if you enter during that time, try to ride some rides during that point. I know for MNSSHP I was able to ride all three Mountains in about an hour. They will not start clearing the park until 7pm exactly because of the regular performance of Wishes at 6pm and the Castle Lighting (assuming they do the Castle again) at 5:45.

The merchandise will not be out until 8pm at the earliest, unless you run back to Toontown and purchase it there. That is because Toontown closes for Wishes and then reopens only to party Guests at 7 so they can get their merch out a lot faster than the Emporium. We're the last shop on Main Street so everyone gets corraled over to us and we can't put the merch out until the day guests are clear since it is party exclusives.

Also, the second parade is typically less crowded since everyone leaves after the fireworks. Use the first part of the party to meet characters, ride more rides, etc. Have fun and enjoy!

smartinez1
06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the advice! It is acutally just me and my husband, and sadly, since we aren't park hopping, we are trying to fit in as much as we can. With saying that, I am not a park nazi, I do allow for breaks and deviations from the plans, I just really don't enjoy park hopping, especially when ADR's are so hard to get! I really feel that we lose a lot of time out of our day going from park to park. Anyway, on the day of MVMCP, we weren't going to get there at park opening. We were going to sleep in this day and have a nice breakfast and then head over when we get there. We are then going to try and ride some things, then go to our 5pm dinner reservations if I can get them, and then head back and plan to stay as long as we can. We don't have any kids yet, and I soo would not do a park all day long without a break only to go back and stay until midnight and tire the poor babies out. I figure we are both in our 30's, and we could do it, and if we need an afternoon break that day, then we can always take one.

I really wanted to plan full park days this trip, only because I really want to take my time. I want to go in every shop, I want to see every decoration, I want to ride everything I want to ride, and if I want to just find a corner or a bench in the park and soak in the atmosphere and sit there for an hour or more just eating a dole whip, then so be it! Ya know? Sometimes I feel like we rush our trips, but I want to sit and hear the park music playing from hidden speakers, I want to sit and watch parents leading happy youngsters to the next ride while seeing the excitement on the child's face! I want to take a ton of pictures and just take my time. I figure this is the time to do it when it's just the 2 of us, ya know? Anyway, thanks for all the advice, I really can't wait!

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2008, 10:38 AM
You will love it! I agree with everyone else, don't visit the park that day. Save all the fun for that evening so you are refreshed. :thumbsup: I hope it doesn't rain...it did when we went, but it was still magical! Good luck!

Gator
06-05-2008, 01:36 PM
VERY IMPORTANT! I was going to do the same thing. Go to AK for the day, then hit Chef Mickey's at 4 or so and then go to MK. Here's the problem. Chef Mickey's doesn't open until 5pm. So if your lucky, you might get ADRs by 6 which would put you in the MK late. I'd try to get ADRs in the park instead. Otherwise, you're throwing a lot of exspensive time away.

Taja
06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I would plan a late lunch at one of the resorts and arrive at MK around 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.

We did this for MNSSHP and it worked well.

I've done dinner at LTT prior to MVMCP, and it was very nice. Good food and company, but I wasn't really in the mood for the park after that! *LOL* Just personal style. :)

Last year we didn't plan anything for the day of MVMCP and just grazed. Worked well for us. The baby ate (formula) on his regular schedule; the rest of us just ate as we chose--including the nine-year-old. Mostly healthy with a little junk for variety. :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
06-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Your plan sounds terrific. Sit down spots are not to be had unless you were on the phone at ;7:00a.m. 180 days out.

The last time we went to MVMCP, the cookies and hot chocolate were free.

Don't "knock" just going with DH. You didn't mention your ages, but DH and I do it alone every year, and we're in our 60's.:D

tmosier
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
... Anyway, on the day of MVMCP, we weren't going to get there at park opening. We were going to sleep in this day and have a nice breakfast and then head over when we get there. We are then going to try and ride some things, then go to our 5pm dinner reservations if I can get them, and then head back and plan to stay as long as we can. ....I really wanted to plan full park days this trip, only because I really want to take my time. I want to go in every shop, I want to see every decoration, I want to ride everything I want to ride, and if I want to just find a corner or a bench in the park and soak in the atmosphere and sit there for an hour or more just eating a dole whip, then so be it! Ya know? Sometimes I feel like we rush our trips, but I want to sit and hear the park music playing from hidden speakers, I want to sit and watch parents leading happy youngsters to the next ride while seeing the excitement on the child's face! I want to take a ton of pictures and just take my time. I figure this is the time to do it when it's just the 2 of us, ya know? Anyway, thanks for all the advice, I really can't wait!

I love your plan! It is absolutely perfect and I wouldn't change a thing! You'll have plenty of time to take in everything that makes the MK so magical. You'll be less stressed waiting in line for rides, you'll have lots of time just to walk around and take it all in, plus, the atmosphere is completely different day vs. night.

By the way, my family and I went to MVMCP this past November and loved it.

WeLuvBuzz
06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone for all the great info in this thread. DH and I are going on 11/11 (night before our 20th anniversary) and I want to be in MK at midnight when it is officially our anniversary. My plan is to sleep in that day, go to Kona for brunch, (we have a 10:00 ADR but as our kids are swimmers and leave for practice at 5:15am that is like the middle of the day for us), then we are going to resort hop and shop, hit Earl of Sandwich about 3, and be at the Magic Kingdom right at 4 to maximize our park time. I cannot wait!