PDA

View Full Version : Table service LUNCHES

mouseketeer mom
06-05-2008, 06:19 AM
We normally do not eat lunch as a table service meal. We usually grab a bite on the go, whichever park we are at, or by the pool.
We're thinking that for our August trip it might be a good idea to book some sit down lunches..a good way to cool off and get out of the sun.
Any suggestions for good table service lunches in the parks? I was thinking SanAngel for one, is that good? I'd love ideas...nothing heavy like a buffet or all you can eat at lunchtime. Just a nice enjoyable, yummy sit down lunch!

SBETigg
06-05-2008, 06:30 AM
I think San Angel is best at lunch. We've always had good lunches there. The chips and salsa are nothing special, but we haven't had problems with the appetizers or meals, and the atmosphere is fantastic. No doubt you'll get a lot of people commenting that it's terrible. I think you have to make the call for yourself. I love the mango margaritas!

Marrakesh is good for lunch. Any of the WS places that interest you for dinner are also good at lunch, same with Coral Reef. Epcot is your best bet to find a good lunch in the parks.

At MK, Liberty Tree Tavern gets decent lunch reviews, but I would also consider a quick boat ride over to the Grand Floridian Cafe, wonderful lunch choice. Monorail back to MK afterwards.

At DHS, I love Sci-Fi for lunch. I wouldn't risk dinner there, but lunch has been a safe bet for us. Plus, the dark atmosphere has an instant cooling, relaxing effect (also the case with San Angel).

I'm eager to try Yak and Yeti at AK, but I have no idea how it is. I've seen mixed reviews.

bicker
06-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Any suggestions for good table service lunches in the parks? The best TS lunch we've had at Epcot is Chefs de France. They have a nice set of light lunches available. I loved my toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad.

sgundell
06-05-2008, 07:59 AM
We had some GREAT sit-down lunches at Biergarten & Tutto Italia in Epcot. I would also recommend the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater in MGM, or I guess it's Disney Hollywood Studios now.

WRWDisney
06-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Another nice one that provides a great respite from the heat and crowds is the Kona Cafe. We love to slip out of the MK in the heat of the day, when the crowds are at their largest, and take a nice cool monorail over to the Poly and have a quiet lunch at Kona. We try to go towards the end of the lunch service (something like 2:30). It allows us a long stretch in the park, the meal is quieter and more relaxed, and I have found that time of the afternoon to be the most crowded.

Anyway, you asked for and got :twocents:

KylesMom
06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Epcot - Garden Grill (it is a buffet but it is truly yummy fare - and it's with Mickey & the Gang)

MK - Tony's (Meatball Sandwich) or Plaza Restaurant (Deli Style Sandwiches)

DHS - Sci-Fi (Burgers & Onion Rings) or Mama Melrose (Flatbread Pizzas) :mickey:

SurferStitch
06-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Our favorite lunch spots:

MK - Plaza Restaurant (awesome shakes, and I love their strawberry chicken salad)

Epcot - Nine Dragons (doesn't get terribly busy) and Le Cellier (packed)

AK - Yak and Yeti (excellent food)

DHS - 50's Prime Time Cafe (great service, fun atmosphere, great food)

celestesmommie
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I second the Grand Floridian Cafe'. It is so quiet and peaceful.

Marceline
06-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I second a nice leisurely lunch at Kona Cafe. It's a great excuse to ride the monorail and see the gorgeous Polynesian Ceremonial House.

The food at Kona is EXCELLENT!

Last trip we cancelled a lunch ressie at the Crystal Palace when we arrived at the podium and found it insanely packed and crowded and we just weren't in the mood for that.

As I was walking down Main Street I called WDW-DINE on my cell and got a ressie at Kona for lunch within the hour. Hopped on the monorail, did a little tiki shopping and penny squishing then got right in for one of the most serendipitously delicious meals I ever ate:tikki:.:lei::thumbsup:

Natazu
06-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Jym’s Top-7 Best Lunch Restaurants:
7. Garden Grill
6. Kona Café
5. Hollywood Brown Derby
4. Marrakesh
3. Coral Reef
2. Grand Floridian Café
1. Le Cellier

GrmGrninGost
06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I highly recommend the Plaza Restaurant at MK! The sandwiches are great, especially the cheese steak! I think you will find most of the sit down restaurants have very good lunches. Most have a very nice selection and the food is excellent! Places like Liberty Tree Tavern, Coral Reef, LeCellier, 50's Prime Time Cafe and Rainforest Cafe at AK are all good! Enjoy! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
06-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I would suggest San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Kona Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine in for lunch :eat:

Marilyn Michetti
06-08-2008, 05:08 PM
TS lunches are great! You can get the same menu, basically, for lower prices, and if you plan to eat late lunch, you can dine leisurely because it isn't so crowded.

We only make three ADR's for the whole week. We will have a breakfast buffet one day, with a late lunch somewhere, and snack at night. We''re too old to eat three full meals a day, so this works for us. Some days we just do CS and snacks at the park, and get something at the resort for dinner.:mickey:

elmjimmlm
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Tonys was a great lunch...That is the only TS that we have had for lunch...We usually stick to CS....

Snow's Mom
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
We went in August too, and the TS lunches were a great respite. The air conditioning at Le Cellier was as good as the food! We also ate at the Prime Time Cafe and the Askerhaus at Norway (Storybook Princesses). We went to the parks early, toured until reservation time, and were refreshed enough to visit another park in the late afternoon.

On the days with no reservations, we usually went back to our rooms after a CS meal for a few hours to take a break from the heat.

One thing though----we were on the DP and ended up with two TS meals scheduled for one day, lunch and dinner. Bad idea! One can only eat so much.