PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to get into system

epceddie
06-05-2008, 12:54 AM
How quickly have you been able to make a reservation after a DVC resale closed. I was told that it typically takes 7-10 days to get into the system.

Has anyone gotten in quicker than that?

My resale closed last Thursday and I'm itching to make a reservation for October.

vizsla
06-05-2008, 05:14 AM
:mickey:Welcome Home:mickey:

It does usually take 7-10 days to get into the system. You can call member services at 1-800-800-9800 and check to see if they have your information. If they do have your information you can make a ressie at that time. It is best to call them and check, because it could take several weeks before you receive your packet of information and memberships cards in the mail.

CanadianWDWFan
06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
We are in the same boat. We closed on Monday and were told it would be 7-10 days before we were in the system and if we wanted to make a reservation that we had to call it in after this time.

lockedoutlogic
06-05-2008, 03:40 PM
that sounds about right....

if you buy from disney it takes about 30 seconds for you to make reservations.....

i don't know about resales

epceddie
06-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I'll post again when we get the word. I'm hoping we get good news on Friday.

It'll be interesting to see what's still available for October.

lockedoutlogic
06-06-2008, 06:22 AM
I'll post again when we get the word. I'm hoping we get good news on Friday.

It'll be interesting to see what's still available for October.

tough time to get something.....

Momof2boys
06-06-2008, 10:23 AM
We were able to book right after we signed the paperwork when we bought from the Doorway to Dreams store a couple weeks ago. Not sure when you're looking in October, but our ressies are from 10/24 - 11/3 and we had an option of SSR or OKW for those 10 nights. We took OKW and waitlisted at BCV & BWV. I'm not holding my breath to get those but I wanted to see how that side of the program worked.

kariktn
06-07-2008, 10:04 AM
We closed on our resale Friday May 30th and we are still waiting to be put in Disney's system. They lady I spoke to this morning said to call back Monday and they would contact accounting for a status update. I am getting very anxious:mickey:

epceddie
06-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Here's an update:

Called member services today (day 12 since our May 29 closing) and was told that I'm STILL not in the system. Was asked to call back on Wednesday or Thursday.

Is is 7-10 business days?

I'll just have to keep calling back. I'll post again when we finally get it.

CanadianWDWFan
06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Is is 7-10 business days?

I'll just have to keep calling back. I'll post again when we finally get it.
We are now on day 9 and still not in the system. I am guessing that it is 7-10 business days not 7-10 days.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait. But the waiting is the hard part.:D

epceddie
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
CanadianWDWFan,

I agree totally. The waiting is driving me crazy. They sure take the money fast!!!!

We're waiting to make ressies for October and January.

I'll be calling later this afernoon to see what's up. I'll let you know what happens.

epceddie
06-11-2008, 03:41 PM
CanadianWDWFan,

Just called member services. They said we are in the system, but our points aren't. What?

The CM said something about still waiting for the deed to come through and couldn't tell me when I could call back to start making reservations.

I talked to my rep at The Timeshare Store and she said that it could take another two days for the points to show up.

This is all very frustrating.

We're going Oct. 19-24 and the CM told me there is very limited availability for studios everywhere except Saratoga Springs, which is also filling up fast.

There were only single-night stays available at Old Key West, AKV, Beach Club and a 1BR for two nights at the Boardwalk.

We already have a hotel reservation off-site, so we might end up using that one and saving the points for this trip.

That's where things stand right now. Hope you have better luck.

CanadianWDWFan
06-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Epceddie,

I know that our points aren't available until August and we aren't planning on any trips until next year, so I am not too worried about the points. But I want to get our AP's since the rumour mill has the rates going up in August,

Good luck getting your points and your reservations soon! :fingers:

lockedoutlogic
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
CanadianWDWFan,

I agree totally. The waiting is driving me crazy. They sure take the money fast!!!!

We're waiting to make ressies for October and January.

I'll be calling later this afernoon to see what's up. I'll let you know what happens.

If you bought a resale through a third party...then disney didn't take any money....

that money was taken on the original sale...

so just try to understand.....the DVC people are not getting your money....at least not until you go there and start to spend on the other expenses.....

so a little lag....while frustrating...is somewhat understandable....

epceddie
06-12-2008, 01:34 AM
I know. I know. But it was just so exciting.

This was a big purchase for my wife and I. Except for our wedding, we haven't written a bigger check.

All in all, things moved along pretty quickly and we're looking forward to finally being able to consider ourselves "true" DVC members.

I'm 48 years old and I love WDW. I love planning and trying to find something new to experience every time we visit.

If anyone has any tips about something out of the ordinary that has made one of your past trips extra special, please share it.

It's always nice hearing from the people who make Intercot such a fun, interesting place. I'm a night owl and I spend hours checking out all the different topics. It makes me feel a part of the World even though I'm far, far away.

Now that I have that out of the way ......... back to work!

epceddie
06-12-2008, 01:36 AM
CanadianWDWFan,

Thanks for your input. I hope everything works out for you in the future.

lockedoutlogic
06-12-2008, 08:47 AM
I know. I know. But it was just so exciting.

This was a big purchase for my wife and I. Except for our wedding, we haven't written a bigger check.

All in all, things moved along pretty quickly and we're looking forward to finally being able to consider ourselves "true" DVC members.

I'm 48 years old and I love WDW. I love planning and trying to find something new to experience every time we visit.

If anyone has any tips about something out of the ordinary that has made one of your past trips extra special, please share it.

It's always nice hearing from the people who make Intercot such a fun, interesting place. I'm a night owl and I spend hours checking out all the different topics. It makes me feel a part of the World even though I'm far, far away.

Now that I have that out of the way ......... back to work!

I understand......when everything settles down i'm sure you will find lots of enjoyment out of your new purchase.....

good luck

CanadianWDWFan
06-17-2008, 12:31 PM
CanadianWDWFan,

Thanks for your input. I hope everything works out for you in the future.
Sorry I forgot to post that we got our membership number on Friday! :clappy:

So it was 10 business days from closing.

epceddie
06-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Good for you. Best of luck!!!