PDA

View Full Version : Epcot counter service

Young@Heart
06-05-2008, 12:13 AM
What places would you recommend? We're debating whether to eat here or wait and eat when we go back to POP for a rest. We've never actually eaten at Epcot before-we usually walk to BC and eat there. This year, we have 6:00 ADR's at Akershus and are doing BC a different day. I've looked at menus, but nothings really jumping out at me. Is there any one place that really stands out above the others? TIA for any advice! :mickey:

JasonH
06-05-2008, 12:45 AM
One of the top choices, if not THE top choice, for CS would be Sunshine Seasons at The Land. They do have more kinds of food than what is listed as the food variety matches pretty closely to that of like your value resort dining area. If you're looking for something more around the World Showcase area, it pretty well depends on what kind of food you're interested in eating. I've personally enjoyed getting quiche lorraine and maybe a sweet pastry at Boulangerie Patisserie in France and then maybe later stopping at Kringla Og Bakery at Norway for another quick snack to fill me back up. For me when it comes to World Showcase, I've found doing something like what I've described, getting a snack here or there, can be better than one entire meal at a CS. If I want a MEAL at WS, I'll be at a TS restaurant. :D

KineGirl
06-05-2008, 12:47 AM
One of my absolute favorite places to eat in all the World is Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco!! I might taste someone elses in my party CS from another country but I always eat here.

Soooo gooooood :eat: WAY better than Marrakesh IMO and more traditional

sagessa
06-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Here's another vote for Tangierine Café. We always eat there at least once each trip (sometimes 2 or 3 times!). The portions are very generous, more than enough to share if you're looking to save some DDP credits or some cash.

Rachel R.

Natazu
06-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Counter Service at Epcot:
7. Yakitori House
6. Tangierine Café
5. Sunshine Seasons
4. Harry Ramsden's
3. Tangierine Café
2. Cantina de San Angel
1. Tangierine Café

playdead88
06-05-2008, 06:08 AM
morocco! its awesome its our favorite CS in the world and we always plan a lunch there - our other favorite is sunshine seasons - there is something for everyone - i had sushi and the kids had chicken and mashed potatoes :eat:

iammrsnesbitt
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
We always eat at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop outside of the Rose and Crown in the UK. I'm pretty sure it is the same fish that you would get if you ordered inside. It is so yummy if you like fish and chips (and we DO!)
There is often a line and rarely a place to sit though, so you might have to eat on a bench or go at an off time.
We also like Sunshine Seasons if we are eating a second counter service in that park.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I would no doubt eat at Epcot. The sunshine seasons has some great choices and wide variet sur to please everyone. We love to eat around world showcase and if you enjoy trying new things this would be a great way to experiment. Mexico, Norway, England, etc. all have pretty good CS and offer variety not offered at any other park. We love this about Epcot!

Aggie97
06-05-2008, 03:16 PM
We like Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe and Cantina de San Angel. :mickey:

Disnamic Duo
06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
We love Sunshine Seasons. Great variety - something for everyone or any mood.

snerd475
06-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Sunshine Seasons in The Land gets my vote as well. I LOVE the turkey & Muenster on foccacia! And there is pretty much something for everyone. Nice atmosphere for the most part, as well. I suggest having an early lunch, like 11:30. It does get crowded.

SpecJoe Magic
06-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Sunshine Seasons in The Land gets my vote as well. I LOVE the turkey & Muenster on foccacia!

My wife and I always look forward to eating that sandwich. It is one of our favorite food items at WDW.

Crow
06-05-2008, 09:05 PM
1) listen to Jym
2)Epcot is a great place to eat. ive stayed at POP but eat more at Epcot
3) never eaten at Tangierine, but loved the inside place
4) i thought Lotus Blosssom was ok
5) Kringla in Norway has great schoolbread
6)Fish & Chips are great

Polynesian Dweller
06-05-2008, 10:23 PM
We like Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe and Cantina de San Angel. :mickey:

:ditto: Those are our three top choices and we would probably rate Tangierine Cafe as the best, with Sunshine Seasons the most variety.

Young@Heart
06-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone! :mickey: Sunshine Seasons is really looking good-I think we might go for it! We're planning to start at Future World, so an early lunch would be great, esp. since we're only doing a quick breakfast in our room that morning.

jonahbear2006
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
We really like the Electric Umbrella. It is a fast way to get a lot of good choices. We also like the sunshine seasons. We have eaten at the Akershus, however, this is not a counter service. We were in DW and cancelled a reservation at Tusker House of Akershus and we were glad we did. This place was top notch. I think that most any place you eat in Epcot is going to be fabulous, in my opinion.

bruin1344
06-06-2008, 01:04 PM
i enjoy all of the cs at epcot, especially china and mexico

Joy2theworld
06-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I think if you have a 6 pm ADR that eating at Pop when you go back for a break will mean a rather late lunch unless you are going to only spend 2 hours in the park and then head back for an early lunch. That is just two meals rather close together.

Young@Heart
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I think if you have a 6 pm ADR that eating at Pop when you go back for a break will mean a rather late lunch unless you are going to only spend 2 hours in the park and then head back for an early lunch. That is just two meals rather close together.

This is what we were worried about. I don't want hold off on lunch until 2 or 3pm, then have dinner at 6pm. We love eating at POP, but I just don't think it'll fit into our schedule that day.

ElenitaB
06-08-2008, 12:04 PM
If you're heading back to Pop, you could visit Sunshine Seasons on the way back to the bus. Or you could make Morocco your last stop on your tour of World Showcase, have lunch and then hop on a Friendship Boat back to the entrance to WS and head to the buses. (If we did that though, the siren call of Mouse Gears :blush: would most certainly detain me for a bit :spend: )

We're big fans of afternoon breaks but rarely do we eat at our resort.

BW Fan
06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
counter service in world showcase is top notch. My favorites are: fish n chips at Rose and Crown; most combo's at Mexico, Brats and beer in Germany, and there is the traditional burgers and chicken strips at America pavillion. :beer::mickey:

beksy
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
We had Sunshine Seasons and loved it! I had the key lime pie for dessert and it was heavenly (and very pretty--I even took a picture of it!). We loved the variety and it was a great place to wait for our return time for Soarin'. Definitely on our must-do list.

brownie
06-10-2008, 10:16 AM
We like Sunshine Seasons. We've never eaten at the counter service places in World Showcase, though.

Figment52
06-11-2008, 02:26 AM
The chippy in England is always good, plus you can carry it with you and eat in the English garden, or just sit down on the "street" curb.

Yakitori House in Japan we found on our last trip, and were very pleasantly surprised. It wasn't crowed at all, and has a nice garden setting up behind the Japanese pavillion. You can eat inside or out.

The cafe in Morocco was quite good, too. Though for the life of me, I can't remember what I had...

We used to eat at the Sunshine Seasons, but since they changed it a few years ago, we opted for other places.

Sylvia
06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Most favorite CS meal in WS - Fish and Chips in the UK. If the British Invasion is scheduled to perform the day you are there, find a bench in the English Garden and enjoy the entertainment while you're eating.

Most favorite CS meal in FW - Salmon with rice in Sunshine Seasons. The salmon is better than some that I have had at CS restaurants outside of WDW, including Seattle.

Gator
06-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Another vote for Tanerine Cafe. Really good food, and it's just what you want at Epoct: good international flavor.

If you eat authentic Mexican food at all, DO NOT go to anything named San Angel. The chips are tostitos, the salsa is tomato paste with black pepper, and everything is bland and small.

mainemajor
06-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Fish and Chips in Great Britian are always a must for us.

Jared
06-13-2008, 08:43 PM
You can try Everything Pop anytime you're in the resort! Epcot has some wonderful counter service dining options, including Sunshine Season Food Fair in Future World and a bunch of ethnic offerings in World Showcase.

Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion garners especially positive reviews.

:tasty: