PDA

View Full Version : bugs at MNSSHP???

TFrauts
06-04-2008, 11:34 PM
I am thinking the MNSSHP(Oct 2) might finally be the time for me to wear something 'out' for halloween, that I could normally NEVER wear! We live in ontario canada, so normally, for halloween, we have to wear stuff that fits our winter coat underneath! How are the bugs in october? Are there mosquitos or anything that bites that might make me wish I had worn 'more' clothes?
THanks, TIffany

buzz638
06-05-2008, 07:57 AM
We were at MNSSHP last ocrober, and we did not have any problem with bugs at all :thumbsup:
And living in Québec, i can understand what you mean, and let me tell you, it's a nice change to be able to celebrate halloween in shorts and t-shirts :yay:

Buzz

disneydeb
06-05-2008, 08:00 AM
When we arrived last October we noticed a few love bugs still about, but nothing too bad.
Plan for a lightweight costume. It will stil be very warm.

JPL
06-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Didn't notice many if any bugs this past October:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
No bugs in October.

Tinkerfreak
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
We have been several times in October for Halloween and love it. We never saw any bugs and being from Maine we also love being able to dress up and not have to wear a heavy coat. In 2006 we stayed in Maine for Halloween and missed MNSSHP so bad we knew we had to go to Disney for Halloween 2007. This year we decided to go the day after Halloween because it is on a Friday and the kids want to do stuff with their friends but I am thinking we will probably wish we were at Disney.

disneymom15
06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I've been to Disney every month but Nov. The only months I've ever noticed bugs was in May and June, and those were the love bugs at the resort.

Fryguy
06-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I cannot remember ever having problems with bugs in October down there. It is warm, so a light costume would to be nice.

mickey&missy
06-05-2008, 11:09 AM
DD and I got bite by something tiny waiting in line to get her pic taken with Cindy's Carriage, which was parked in the IASW stroller parking area. At first I thought we were imagining it but the people in front of us commented on it too. We both got quite a few bites. They were more sore then itchy. DD gets bad reactions to insect bites and one of the bites she got got infected. Yuck! Luckily, I was prepared! I've been told that it may have some sort of water bug that was in that area because of the waterfall. That stands to reason because the only other place we saw or felt bugs the rest of the trip was on the beach WL in the evening.

Mousemates
06-05-2008, 11:11 AM
We used to go during Fall break each year, and never remember having problem one with mosquitoes. however, as other have suggested (especially given the climate change you will be experiencing in going to Florida from Canada in October)...I probably wouldn't want to wear anything too hot.

biodtl
06-05-2008, 01:43 PM
In Oct 06, we noticed bugs 2 times - one in the waiting are at the luau and one during MSSHP over by SM and BTMR. A little bug spray took care of it easily, though.

huzzah4
06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
The "Love Bugs" (not Herbie, the real bugs, of course, I guess Herbie isn't bad either) are actually good. On our last trip, we had 2 different CM's tell us that they were actually cultivated by Disney. It seems that the larvae of the love bugs eat the larval stages of mosquitoes and most other biting or stinging insects. That is why there are relatively few problems with the pest insects any time of the year in the WDW area. I guess it's really only tough to be a bug depending upon what type of bug you are.

JPL
06-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Well part of that story is true that's the reason they were brought into Florida but unfortunately all they really do is make more Love Bugs and don't eat the mosquitos. I think they keep the myth alive to make guest feel better about the swarms of Love Bugs.

DisneyCouture
06-06-2008, 02:25 PM
We were @ MNSSHP last October and there wasn't any bugs, but it was really hot. I was glad to be wearing a light costume.