PDA

View Full Version : Make your own Disney Dream Resort

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Granted that maybe you've already stayed at your dream resort, but heres the game:

Disney gave you a large sum of money to build your own resort - whatever you want it to look like is fine.

What theme would you have?
How many pools?
Restaurants?
Value/Moderate/Deluxe? All of the above?!

Anything is possible...and we all know dreams come true! :mickey:

Would love to hear some creativity on this!

Chris :hatter:

Friend of Figment
06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I have always thought a hotel themed like a cruise ship would be cool. The pools would be on the roof like they are on a ship. There would be room for several restaurants. They could even have different categories of room like a ship. If they built it on an island or surrounded it with a pool it would look like it was floating.

disneydeb
06-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I would have a castle.
The price would be free for high achievement and be granted for individuals and families deserving of a Disney vacation, not otherwise able to afford one, but deserving nontheless.
It wold be huge, plenty of room for deserving princes and princesses , King and Queens.

KineGirl
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I was gonna say castle! ;)

Resort
- deluxe/medieval themed - possibly DVC, needs to have its own crest
- GRAND/BIG
- lots of big stones
- ivy growing everywhere
- moat
- towers
- valet and doormen dressed as "jacks"
- large gardens and hedge maze
- pools shaped like a swan, crown and slipper
- "Welcome home, Sire,"

Rooms
tapestries on the walls
big rugs
big rooms (view choice of gardens,hedge maze or pool)
tower concierge rooms
chandeliers with faux candles & faux candles attached to walls

Restaurants
1)casual
- serving wenches
- no utensils, pewter goblets
- dinner show/play
- interactive with audience and they choose a king & queen or Royal Family from audience
- funny
- finger foods like turkey legs, crab legs, rotisserie chix

2)fine dining
- Renaissance themed/elaborate (think Marie Antoinette)
- decorated with famous Renaissance paintings
- gold silverware, crystal goblets, china type plates, chandeliers
- food choices like lamb, bacon wrapped tenderloin, quail, salmon
- background renaissance music
- dress code (like V&A)

3)Counter service
- lots of skewered meats & fruits

:princess: :prince:

MickeyandTink
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
My first thought when reading this was, "Cool, a new computer game, WDW Tycoon." You could design your own rides, hotels, restaurants, etc. (BTW, if anyone does develop this remember me come royalty time :thumbsup:)

brewcrew26
06-05-2008, 08:45 PM
I like the WDW Tycoon game idea. Shhh...you better trademark that before a CM reads that!

My dream hotel, and I doubt it will ever happen because of Universal getting the 'land', but a Hogwarts Castle-theme.

There's four sections - the houses Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. So the decor would be very opulent with wooden-four poster beds, animated wall paintings (they could probably be some hi-tech plasma screens), a huge staircase to get to the different areas.

Then, the Great Hall would be like this huge sit down dining area with family style feasts. And the kitchen would be the food court with "house elves" serving you.

Outside, you could travel to Diagon Alley for souvenirs and the pool could be something like the lake with a mermaid sculpture underwater. And there could be a garden with someone playing Madam Sprout teaching kids about herbs and plants.

Then, you go through a sorting "ceremony" when you check in to see which house you're in. There could be like a little TV with a sorting hat that tells you where your family gets to stay.

Bringonthemouse!
06-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I would love to stay at a resort that was designed around nothing but Disney... buildings themed around the fab 5 (would be my personal favourite), another for princesses, pirates, Toy Story, Monsters, Wonderland etc. You get the idea.
Restaurants designed like fairy tales, and maybe one that comes close to resembling the fun and fancy free atmosphere of Toon Town.
Pools themed around, hmmmmm, Neverland, mermaids.... Wow, I feel like drawing up some blueprints!!!
The value resorts are close but I think nothing but pure Disney would be wonderful :cloud9:

Mousemates
06-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Ocean/Aquatic/Theme Deluxe (upper end)

Restaurants -
Nemo's Galley -Signature Dining
Captain Jacks - CS
Dory's -TS

Pool - Free form like Stormalong Beach, except with either a Nautilus or Black Pearl at the center.

Lobby- has a large aquarium area like at the ripleys aquarium in Gatlinburg/Myrtle Beach.

Premier view rooms would either look over the aqaurium, would have underwater views into the aquarium, or look over a large outodoor pool where a killer whale or two might swim (i.e. like the big tank at Sea World).

jonahbear2006
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I was actually talking to someone about this the other day and wanted to pitch this idea to Disney. I would like to see an Alaskan Resort. Pools surrounding the resort, in obscure areas, larger pools with polar icebergs in the middle, with waterslides through them. In the center of the pools there should be islands made to look like ice. 6 small pools, two big ones, elaborately themed to look like alaska. Sand should be involved yet, severely white sand, to look like snow.
Resort buildings that resemble mountains, across from each other, and canoes to rent to get to the other side. The landscaping should be complete with cooling machines that keep the entire resort "chilly". Resort villas should look like Igloos. Similar to the Animal lodge, there should be special rooms that look into a penguin or polar bear sanctuary.
It is the perfect psychological Idea to use, to make people feel cooler, and they have nothing like this yet.

Every evening there should be a light show in the sky, producing a fake aurora borealis.
This would be a Deluxe resort, of course, very elaborate, yet they would offer much easier accomodations for larger families (since many alaskan families live together in great numbers). You should be able to fit 8 to a room, for a similar price to that of the other deluxe resort.
activities would be created for families; ice fishing, bobsleds, canoeing, boating, and waterslides. This should be walkway or water transport to the Blizzard beach.

Their restaurant should offer a seafood buffet with halibut, salmon, crab, and so on and so forth. Alaskan baking for desserts;bear claws, alaskan cherry choc. cake, berries and cool whip, plum tarts, apple plum struessel, and more.

BMan62
06-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Plan resort around parks - different buildings/building groups by park. Each building within a group can be themed to match an area of that particular park. Possibly add a simulator to allow you to 'sample' one ride from each area of the park.

Have big screen monitors in each room with closed circuit viewing of things like parades, fireworks, etc. from each park simultaneously. Maybe, have attraction cameras as well or tape loops of rides and shows that you can access 'On Demand' when you aren't in the parks themselves.

bruin1344
06-06-2008, 01:06 PM
basically the beach club with the boardwalk night life in it

thumperbug
06-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I love love love the whole castle theme idea. I would also love a Pirate Ship or Island of Pirates idea. Make it its own Island with its own nightlife similar to the Caribbean back in the good ole Pirate days. Make it so you have to arrive at the resort via boat into port.

But back to the Castle theme idea....put that hotel on its own island or surround it with a moad and drawer bridge.

iDisney
06-07-2008, 01:09 AM
I had this typed out three quarters of the way once, but something happened and it all disappeared. Oh well. Here I go again…

I have always wished that they would build a resort based on the Hollywood Tower Hotel, prior to the lightning strike. All CM's will be wearing the proper HTH uniforms, they just won't have to use the creepy voice!

The Pools

There would be two pools featured at the resort. The first would be an indoor pool that is just off of the main lobby, perhaps encased in glass like a conservatory.

The second would be an outdoor pool out in the garden and courtyards and would have ambient theme music played throughout the area.

Dining

The signature restaurant of the hotel would of course be The Tip Top Club. Live music from the era would be featured every evening. They would have an extensive wine list and serve gourmet steaks, seafood, soups, salads, appetizers, and deserts.

There would also be another table service restaurant (perhaps family style or a buffet) for those looking for something less extravagant than the Tip Top Club. This could perhaps even be a character dining experience with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto all dressed in the bellhop costumes! Your typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner fare will be served here.

There is also a café/bistro style restaurant near the outdoor pool yet somewhat offset, minimizing the noise. They will serve coffee (not Nescafe!), ice cream, as well as sandwiches and salads. There will be both indoor and outdoor seating.
With a hotel of this magnitude, you cannot forget about room service! They will offer everything from romantic dinner packages, to gourmet in-room dining, to burgers and fries.

Rooms

Standard rooms will be decorated in period style carpets, fabrics, wall coverings, and tile (bathrooms). There will be either one or two beds, as usual. The furniture will all be period style consisting of: beds, a table, chairs, armoire, lamps, and nightstands. The telephone will be antique style (with push buttons and a data port!) and will have the antique sounding ringer. There will also be an LCD television (to save energy!), but it will be cleverly disguised as an old console television.

Deluxe and Suite rooms will be similar, just more….deluxe! They will have desks, sofas, and other things associated with deluxe rooms.

Amenities

The hotel will obviously have a concierge.

There will also be a state of the art business center as well as a fitness center. Of course all equipment will be disguised and/or re-themed to look as if it fits in!

Free wireless Internet access all throughout the property

An award-winning spa, hair and nail salons

Tennis courts

EmmMOM2
06-07-2008, 07:32 AM
MY DS (4) would probably love to see a pixar themed resort... though I doubt he'd have all the specifics on that!!!:blush: