PDA

View Full Version : WANTED--Dining opinions

nicjohn3
06-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I just booked adr's without a problem. Only one that I did not get. How do you feel about these--I know they have been mentioned before, but dont always remember:blush:

Boma
Coral Reef
Cap N Jacks
Tutto Italia

Thanks for any opinions--

busterthebronco
06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
boma- weve only eaten there once so i cant say too much but i do know`we havnt been back

coral reef - i love this place. its yummy and real neat.:cloud9:

capn jacks - no thanks. i hear the lobster is good but i have tried this place a few times and i'm not a fan. sorry. :blush:

tuto italia - n/a (havnt tried it! cant wait to hear about it!

mrsgaribaldi
06-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I've never been to any of them but they all sound yummy:thumbsup:

thejens
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Love Boma!!! Haven't tried any of the others.

SBETigg
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I also love Boma. I'm not a fan of Coral Reef, but it should turn out to be a good choice, great atmosphere. I haven't tried the others.

disneydeb
06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
BOMA:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I haven't tried any of the others, but will go to Coral Reef in December.

SpecJoe Magic
06-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Boma is our favorite place to eat at WDW up to this point. Granted, there are still a lot of places at WDW we haven't eaten, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with Boma unless you are super picky. Make sure to try the soups!

Coral Reef is a nice place to eat as well. We enjoyed the atmosphere and what we ate was good.

We've not eaten at the other two.

mickeytravel
06-04-2008, 09:19 PM
we just booked boma for our upcoming trip in june because everybody raves about it.....

Coral Reef....very nice

Capt Jack.......nothing compared to these two, didn't really care for it just you basic place. nothing great.

KineGirl
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Ive not eaten at Coral Reef yet or Tutto Italia (but will in July)

Boma- of the dinner buffet Im not a fan. I love love LOVE Jikos though. Def unique but Boma just uses to much cinnamon in everything for my tastes plus Ive never been much of a dinner buffet fan anywhere. Now breakfast at this place is another story - yum!

Capn Jacks - besides the lobster there is nothing else I have tried and liked.

Im sure Natazu will be along momentarily to give his official opinions LOL ;)

eyoreswife
06-04-2008, 09:35 PM
boma is our favorite a must do every trip, coral reef is hit or miss with the food and service but the atmosphere is great, the other two we haven't tried

RedSoxFan
06-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Boma's is great!! Even my picky kids enjoyed it. I haven't tried the others.

RockinRollerMom
06-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Haven't been to Boma or Tutto Italia, but I am going to Boma on our next trip. Capt. N Jacks is one of my family's favs. We have never been disappointed. I know it gets some what iffy reviews, but I say give it a try. The 2 times we have gone there we were happy. Nothing too fancy but good food and a really nice atmosphere.

Coral Reef- my family enjoyed. The food was very good and the atmosphere can't be beat. It does get kind of loud in there, though. The service was not so great when we were there, but I would go again.

Have a blast!

Natazu
06-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Boma: ☺☺☺☺
"Come for the Bobotie, Stay for the Zebra Domes." Well, that's not their slogan but it could be. With a taste of Africa from coast to coast, there's something for everyone here. I'm not much for buffets. I believe food should be prepared fresh and served immediately. Boma is an exception to my "no buffets on vacation rule". The Durban Spiced Chicken is a gastronomic sensation, combined with the Couscous Marrakesh, I could have that and nothing else. But save room for dessert, Zebra Domes and Simba's Paw Prints are worth the price of admission.

Coral Reef: ☺☺☺☺
You'll get plenty of different opinions on Coral Reef. That is mostly due to past continuity issues. There have been some staffing changes which has facilitated the service and food quality to become more consistent. They have excellent lobster soup and the best dessert at Epcot, no doubt. I love the grilled mahi and the pumpkin risotto. Their version of Lobster Bisque is a benchmark to which others should aspire.

Cap'n Jacks: ☺☺☺
Here you'll find the best Chowder at WDW and lobster for 1TS on the Dining Plan. What you won't find is an eclectic menu... or much of a menu at all. The food is good and the service is good. If there's stuff on the menu that interests you, give it a shot.

Tutto Italia: ☺☺☺
Quite a bit better than the canned Italian food you get at Tony’s or Mama Melrose’s, Tutto brings a more authentic board of fare. The menu is quite a bit more varied than the usual Italian eatery so even the pickiest diner can find something. The servers are dressed to kill in starched white shirts and black ties which is a little over the top for a place in a theme park but that may just be me. All the ingredients are fresh and the wine list is above average. The problem seems to be execution. There are three things that make a restaurant excel or fail, consistency, consistency, consistency. Tutto Italia isn’t maintaining consistent food quality. People shouldn’t leave a $100 a person dinner (price includes wine) saying “pretty good”. People should leave with their schedules in their hand trying to figure out when they can fit in another visit.