PDA

View Full Version : Go home said the toll booth CM

Imagineer1981
06-04-2008, 05:30 PM
My parents just returned from WDW and had quite a story to tell. My father was driving in the right hand lane of World Drive when he said a few "punks" started tailgating him. Apparently these guys wanted to get over into the resort lane so as soon as the lanes opened up right before the toll booths for MK, they gunned their engine and swerved past my dad, yelling at him with curse words for driving too slow as they went by. The CM at the toll booth witnessed the event and when they got to the booth he told them to turn around, that they were not allowed to enter. Of course they sped through but the CM wrote down the license plate number. The CM then apologized to my father who went to the same booth and gave him a pass to park in the reserved parking up front by the handicaped parking. I don't know if the guys got caught but that kind of attitude is definitely not welcome at WDW:mad:

kadesha
06-04-2008, 05:40 PM
that is horrible! I hope they were caught!

PirateLover
06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
What a bunch of jerks. I'm glad the toll booth CM stood up to them, and hopefully they were caught.

BluewaterBrad
06-04-2008, 05:58 PM
I totally agree. WDW is no place for that. I am sure they did get busted.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
That's awful! I sure hope that they got the car!

Madame Leona
06-04-2008, 07:04 PM
It's so nice to hear that the cm did something nice for your folks. People don't take enough time to do nice things anymore.

Young@Heart
06-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Good for that CM! People acting like should not be welcome in the parks, IMO!

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Well they were very un-Disney and that kind of attitude is considered a:nono: I certainly hope they got busted! :cop:

MickeyMousse
06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I am so glad to hear that the CM was paying attention and took action. :thumbsup:
Once when we were in coming off the tram in the MGM parking lot, a car went speeding through the aisle, nearly causing an accident with another car and clipping some people. A CM on the tram called in the license plate and car description. By the time we got in our van and pulled out of the lot, the car was parked on the side of the exit lane with both a security car and sheriff car behind it! :D
And I'm happy that your dad was taken care of. That was the right thing to do.

DisneyDog
06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
How scary for your dad. I'm glad the CM took care of him. That was very thoughtful.

diz_girl
06-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm sure that they were caught. If the CM called it in and every resort and park has a booth stopping cars, it would only have been a matter of time that they would have shown up at a booth, unless they were going to a place that didn't have a guard or booth. They were most likely going to the parks, so they probably got caught.

Polynesian Dweller
06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm sure they were caught also if it was called in. Doesn't matter what resort they were going to, the car would be found in the lot byt security if they managed to get past the gate. The Florida State Police would give them a nice little visit.

Needless to say, reckless behavior anywhere shouldn't be tolerated but especially at WDW where you have lots of people driving who really don't know which road to take etc. You have to be more careful in those situations.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Don't you just love how you run into these kind of people everywhere? I'm hoping they got caught and thrown out for good.