PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Questions?

WRWDisney
06-04-2008, 10:30 AM
O.K., after months of planning and preparing, we leave next Friday for our first trip home:cloud9:

I thought I was fully prepared, but after a discovery last week (coffee filters; I need to bring my own), I just want to check-in with the experienced DVCer's.

We will be staying in a combination of one bedrooms and studios during our two weeks. I have packed laundry detergent and dryer-sheets, but my understanding is that I do not need to bring dish soap or dishwasher detergent.

I have shampoo and conditioner.

Do I need to bring sheets (pillows, etc.) for the sofa bed or the chair bed in AKL or will they be there?

I have coffee and groceries, so I know I am ok on that front.

Were there anythings that you didn't bring on your first trip home that you have learned are either nice or essential?

Thanks for all of your help.:thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
06-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Now, I am basing this info on our last trip, which was in November. I know DVC made some changes since then.....

-unless you are bringing your own coffee, the coffee that is provided is in it's own filter package so no add'l filter is needed. (note-I bought coffee there and used a paper towel as a filter-worked great!:thumbsup:)

-sheets, blanket and pillow is provided for the sofa bed.

-we had a one bedroom and the laundry soap was provided. Small box, enough for one load but I was able to use it for 2 as our loads were not huge. (I also brought my own little box of soap and dryer sheets just in case)

-dishwashing detergents are provided.

Enjoy your trip!!!:mickey:

Kidsmom
06-04-2008, 10:40 AM
You don't need sheets at all. The dishwashing soap should be fine. If you have the dawn pods of dishwashing machine soaps I would bring a few, but you can ask for more if you don't.( I believe they give you 2)

Just a thought of something I might bring next time: a small container or just a few in a zip lock bag of clorox wipes for the toliet seats. I did have to wipe the seat many times from my sons with only tp. (They try, but forget sometimes to put up the seat!)

Have a great trip!!

JMTStone
06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree with previous posters. I also bring a little bag of powder bleach to run through the whirlpool tub jets.

tinkerbell04
06-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree with previous posters. I also bring a little bag of powder bleach to run through the whirlpool tub jets.

That's a great idea! I am going to do that also. We leave next Friday also :)

DisneyLove
06-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Hello!
My family and I have been staying at DVC for a while, and some things that we always bring:

-Salt & Pepper shakers (they don't supply them any longer.)
-a few Ziplock bags (they come in handy for various things)
-a deck of cards for playing by the pool
-a few DVDs for watching on nights in relaxing.

That's allI can think of off hand. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip!

Katie

Kidsmom
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
-Salt & Pepper shakers (they don't supply them any longer.)

If you forget salt and pepper.....we just took packets from the counterservice restaurants.:secret:

WRWDisney
06-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks everyone for your great tips.:mickey: