PDA

View Full Version : Room with view?

Tinksalot
06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
We are staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas this coming January and wondered if there is a certain building or floor we should request in order to have a view of 7 Seas Lagoon?
:unsure:

diz_girl
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
The Villas are housed in one building separate from the main Lodge and few, if any, of the units have a view of the lagoon. Most units have a view of trees, and none of the units are higher than the trees in between the building and the lagoon and I don't think that you can see the lagoon through the trees.

However, there is a little (and I mean little)wedge of space in between the trees and the end of the main Lodge where a path runs from Hidden Springs Pool and the Villas towards the beach, the Silver Creek Springs Pool, and the boat launch. If you request a room on a higher floor (3rd or above) overlooking Hidden Springs Pool, then you might, and I mean might, get a room that allows you to catch a glimpe of the lagoon through this sliver of space between the trees and the main lodge.

If I am wrong, someone will come along to correct me.

LynneM
06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
WL is located on Bay Lake, not Seven Seas Lagoon. The only resorts that overlook the lagoon are GF, Poly, and CR.

There are a few villas that overlook the lake,and it is a nice view. Most villas have a woods view, so if you want a view of the lake, be sure to specify that in your request.

diz_girl
06-04-2008, 11:39 AM
WL is located on Bay Lake, not Seven Seas Lagoon.

How did I miss that one. What was I thinking? Good call Lynn - I must have spaced. :blush:

Tinksalot
06-04-2008, 02:00 PM
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge before and saw the Electrical Water Pageant from our room, must be the villas are on a different body of water. Thanks for the info!! :mickey:

LynneM
06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon are right next to each other, and are in fact connected by a water bridge. When you stayed at the WL, if you took the boat from MK to WL, you passed from Seven Seas Lagoon into Bay Lake right about the time you passed the Contemporary.

The EWP circles around both the lake and the lagoon. When it's on Seven Seas Lagoon, it passes by the GF and Poly, and then it heads over to Bay Lake and goes past WL/VWL and FW, circles back to the CR (back to the lagoon), and goes past the MK to a little storage canal between MK and GF.

If you want a view of the EWP from your VWL villa, just request a Bay Lake view. I had a 1-bedroom villa with a lovely view of the lake and the EWP.