PDA

View Full Version : June Healthy Living

Carol
06-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Share your June diet (healthy living) - excercise - lifestyle questions, concerns, tips and experiences here!

Good Luck, Everyone! :cheer:

:hurdle: :walk: :rope: :strong: :lift: :trampo: :bowl:

disneydeb
06-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Here I go again. I've got to get my sugar level down and get some weight off. I walked 30 minutes this morning. I know it is not much but it is a start. I need all the help and encouragement I can get!
Thanks for being there.

:mickey:

deb

Here we go again...
06-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Congratulations Deb. You say 30 minutes is not a long time, but that is what they recommend to get your heart rate up. You should be very proud of yourself!

I am hoping to see the number drop this week, I have really stuck to the WW plan... no cheating.

I will check back in after weigh in!

Bethis26fan
06-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I lost 2 lbs this past week. If I would have hit 3 I would have lost back what I gained the other week. My goal was to loose 20lbs by next thursday but unless I loose 8lbs in a week that's not going to happen. I'm just going to try my best to get as close to it as I can and be happy with that. I know I haven't been giving it my all the last 2 weeks, so here's to a new week and taking all I can get.

Congrats to everyone on their achievments so far.

ElenitaB
06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey all!

Deb, way to go! Walking is wonderful exercise and I look forward to the day we can take virtual walks together (and even more so to December when smaller versions of the current us can take a real walk together :thumbsup:).

I rejoined WW last month and am very happy to report that I lost 15.2 pounds. :muscles:

This month the going may be slower but weight loss, no matter how little it is, is better than weight gained. I'm a Jedi master when it comes to gaining weight... I need to switch that around and become a real Yoda for shedding the pounds. So to quote my little green hero (no, not Kermit):

"Try not. Do." :yoda:

Looking forward to checking in with y'all from time to time.

My first goals:

Lose enough weight to be able to use the Wii Fit — around 5 pounds
WW's famous 10% — WW says that losing just 10% of your initial body weight will bring health benefits. I already see my BP going down bit by bit. — around 20 to get there
Reach the threshold at which they say, "oh that's too high a dose of chemo if we dosed her at her current weight. Leave the dose at the max." — around 70 pounds

And last but not least... I always pegged my little "self gifts" to losing HUGE chunks of weight. Well, this time around, I rewarded myself with a smaller version of something with which I plan on going out big time (diamond stud earrings). I figure that 15 lbs last month, the recommitment to DO THIS for once and for all (I want to shed the scooter at WDW if I can), and some real changes in "stress management" (that have even me surprised), deserved a nice pair of small diamond studs. Like the sparklies?? :D

Beast_fanatic
06-05-2008, 09:16 PM
The sparklies are lovely, Ellen. :thumbsup:

Things are going slowly for me right now, but I'm struggling to find time to get much exercise in as I'm working 10-12 hours per day.

Congrats to everyone on the positive progress!

TheDuckRocks
06-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Well, after having fallen off the WW wagon for a few weeks that ended up turning into months, I'm now back on track again! I'm actually looking forward to weigh in this coming Saturday, I think it will be the first time in a long time that will show a loss.
Ellen, happy dance, happy dance for you! More than 15 pounds!:woohoo::yay::joy: Also a big thank you for the words of wisdom from your little friend.........Try Not. DO! That has been my problem lately, I have been telling myself, "I'll try to count points today but......." The excuses have been numerous and pointing the finger at everybody and everything and not remembering to just DO.

BAMABOY
06-06-2008, 12:41 PM
We are playing ''The Biggest Loser" here at work and since April 1st I am down 40 pounds!! I go to the gym at lunch and do 20 minutes on the treadmill and go back after work and do another hour! I also only drink water (7 20oz bottles a day), eat salad for lunch and eat very sinceable at night. My goal is 100lbs, that would put me back at 215. I know it will be a long haul but it will all be worth it!:mickey:

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey all!

Deb, way to go! Walking is wonderful exercise and I look forward to the day we can take virtual walks together (and even more so to December when smaller versions of the current us can take a real walk together :thumbsup:).

I rejoined WW last month and am very happy to report that I lost 15.2 pounds. :muscles:

This month the going may be slower but weight loss, no matter how little it is, is better than weight gained. I'm a Jedi master when it comes to gaining weight... I need to switch that around and become a real Yoda for shedding the pounds. So to quote my little green hero (no, not Kermit):

Looking forward to checking in with y'all from time to time.

My first goals:

Lose enough weight to be able to use the Wii Fit — around 5 pounds
WW's famous 10% — WW says that losing just 10% of your initial body weight will bring health benefits. I already see my BP going down bit by bit. — around 20 to get there
Reach the threshold at which they say, "oh that's too high a dose of chemo if we dosed her at her current weight. Leave the dose at the max." — around 70 pounds

And last but not least... I always pegged my little "self gifts" to losing HUGE chunks of weight. Well, this time around, I rewarded myself with a smaller version of something with which I plan on going out big time (diamond stud earrings). I figure that 15 lbs last month, the recommitment to DO THIS for once and for all (I want to shed the scooter at WDW if I can), and some real changes in "stress management" (that have even me surprised), deserved a nice pair of small diamond studs. Like the sparklies?? :D

Ellen I am so proud of you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:You have reenergized me! Let's take a nice walk together in December!!!
Let's do this thing !:thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
06-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Took off 3 of the ugly pounds that I had let creep back on when I weighed in on Saturday......14.5 more to go!!!

Bethis26fan
06-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I had lost 16 but gained 1 back so I lost 15lbs so far. :) My disney trip is in 79 days and i would like to loose 30 lbs before then. So I've got to really stick with my diet.