PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Family Lights

potzie
06-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I know that the park hours were just posted for November and December (Yeah!!!). I noticed that there is no mention of the Osborne Family Dancing Lights under Special Events for DHS. Does this mean that they will not be doing it this year? Could it have anything to do with the change in name since last year?

Cheers,

Brian

Dyanna
06-03-2008, 09:34 PM
From what I have heard is that they should be doing it again this year but the dates have yet to be announced. Hopefully soon as I am interested in attending as well.

Carol
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
When in doubt - click on the info central tab up above. :)

November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009

DNS
06-04-2008, 11:09 AM
This is NOT good news for us! I talked my extended family into going before Thanksgiving based on last years schedule and now we won't be seeing this. I am so upset, I feel like cancelling my whole trip.

DNS
06-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I just called Disney and was told that Disney has not released that information yet. Now I don't know what to think.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
It looks pretty definite with the dates. Looking forward in seeing them again this year.

Next trip 11/24-12/5:snowman::deer::santa::sleigh:

Bringonthemouse!
06-04-2008, 08:39 PM
This is NOT good news for us! I talked my extended family into going before Thanksgiving based on last years schedule and now we won't be seeing this. I am so upset, I feel like cancelling my whole trip.
Me too!!:( This is very upsetting.

WDWFanatic
06-04-2008, 09:11 PM
That seems very late for the lights. The last two years we've gone around Veteran's Day and have been able to see the light by the end of our trip.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the same will happen this year.

Strmchsr
06-06-2008, 02:03 PM
The last couple of years the Lights have been done early, but any information posted on Intercot comes straight from Disney, so the dates Carol posted above are not a mistake or rumor. As a matter of face, when I saw the dates I thought it had to be a mistake and asked Carol about it. Of course, things are always subject to change, but it looks like they're going back to the later schedule now.

Dyanna
06-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I too made the travel arrangements for the 2nd week of Nov thinking they would start the lights while we were there as we have never seen them before. This is very heartrenching news!:mad:

dismommy
06-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Maybe if the lights are starting late it has something to do with he change in super soap weekend. I will be bummed as well if they start that late, we were hoping to see them. Myself, DH, & DS will be traveling nov. 8-15 and knew the lights usually started the first week of MVMCP and had hoped to see them. But on a side note Nov. 28 is a Friday, the Friday after thanksgiving actually and I can't believe they wouldn't run the lights all of thanksgiving week with the parks being so crowded.

DNS
06-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I emailed them telling them how upset I am about this since our whole reason for going time is the Christmas decorations. Now with flights booked, etc., we're locked in. Just based on the past couple of years, then when the Christmas party tickets came out we felt all park decorations would be done by the time the MK party started in early/mid November. I'm hoping if enough people email and call them, maybe they will reconsider the dates.

kadesha
06-07-2008, 11:57 AM
We are going the week of Thanksgiving, and I'm upset that we'll be missing the lights and Holidays Around the World at Epcot! :mad: