PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout/I survived a Japenese game show

Minnie Imagineer
06-03-2008, 05:16 PM
On June 24th two new shows are coming to ABC!!!: one is called 'wipeout' and the other is called 'i survived a jap. game show'. They both look hysterically funny! If you love MXC or human tetris, you should turn into these shows, I will!!!

Dracula766
06-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I remember when I was a kid I rented a video called Endurance (Za Gaman)

i need to hunt down a copy of it. It was way better (and more cruel) than MXC could ever be :thedolls:

tinkerbell04
06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I am looking forward to checking these shows out in a few weeks. The previews look interesting!

DisneyFreak23
06-03-2008, 08:13 PM
these look hilarious and i cant wait to watch them!!!

PirateLover
06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I LOVE these kinds of shows. I used to watch Most Extreme Eliminations all the time and I also love Ninja Warrior. I've seen clips of human tetris that are hysterical. I will definitely be watching these shows:thumbsup:

JanetMegan
06-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Did anyone else watch last night? I watched Wipeout and while I thought it was funny, I don't think it is something I would watch every week or anything, it was just ok.

tinkerbell04
06-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Did anyone else watch last night? I watched Wipeout and while I thought it was funny, I don't think it is something I would watch every week or anything, it was just ok.

I agree. I would watch it again if there weren't anything else on for the night. I did think that it was funny watching those people fall all over the place though :)

c&d
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
We watched the Japanese game show and we couldn't stop laughing. It was just so silly.

Minnie Imagineer
06-25-2008, 04:18 PM
i agree! I will most likey watch them again though! I like how Jap. G.S. is the same people all the time. I liked Wipeout..mostly the commentators! I just hope they change up the challenges!

Not2Loud
06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I found them to be quite entertaining!

Diznee4Me
07-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I've watched it both weeks now and they are pretty entertaining. I like the commentator John Henson. He used to be on Talk Soup years ago.

ChipnDaleGal
07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
I still need to watch last night's episode of the Japanese game Show, but so far I am really enjoying both of these shows. Wipeout just makes us all giggle. I just hope that no one gets hurt, but it is fun to watch what people will go through to be on TV and maybe win some cash. They are a fun summer TV break. :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Ok, I was picking up DD from my Aunt's house last night and missed the first 20 minutes or so of the Japenese Game show. Was that Darcy in the final challenge? Was that the one who lost the final challenge last week? Someone help me or set me straight!!!

c&d
07-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Darcy came back because one of the players on the other team got sick. I can't remember his name. So that they didn't lose their one person advantage they brought her back.

During the first part of the show she didn't take part in the challenge but she was voted into the elimination round.

I really like this show.

tinkerbell04
07-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Darcy came back because one of the players on the other team got sick. I can't remember his name. So that they didn't lose their one person advantage they brought her back.

During the first part of the show she didn't take part in the challenge but she was voted into the elimination round.

I really like this show.

Thanks! I thought that I was losing my mind! I knew that someone would clear things up for me!

Minnie Imagineer
07-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm glad they didn't note Marcie into the elimination round, that would be unfair. That claw game looks like so much fun! I hate how the other team is cheering for them to lose though, I always hate when that happens. I would never let those fish eat my skin off my feet! yuck! :fishbowl:

IamBelle
07-05-2008, 06:42 PM
The narrators of Wipeout make the whole show!! It is hilarious!

LauraleeH
07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I stopped watching the Jap show...it was too annoying for my taste. I'm watching Wipeout right now, though...it's hilarious!

AdventurerKim
07-11-2008, 10:31 PM
The narrators of Wipeout make the whole show!! It is hilarious!

This is totally true!! The show is hilarious anyway watching these people make fools of themselves whem they start out thinking they can conquor the obstacles and then can't. On this week's show (7/8), Ariel from Alaska was so cute! I was glad she made it as far as she did.

MNNHFLTX
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
I have watched both of these shows, mainly because my husband and son wanted to watch them (their type of humor, that's for sure!) I have to admit that I enjoy Wipeout; it's true that the commentary really makes the show. However, I am finding I Survived a Japanese Game Show irritating for some reason that I am having a hard time putting my finger on.

tink'72
07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I stopped watching the Jap show...it was too annoying for my taste. I'm watching Wipeout right now, though...it's hilarious!

I agree! My family loves wipeout!! How can you not sit there and laugh as John Henson commentates. He is too funny! and the sound affects. OMG can they get any funnier!!!:laughing:

Closet Disney Fan
07-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Firstly i think Wipeout is hilarious. Maybe its the fact that I find it entertaining to watch people get owned by inantimate objects but I find it much more entertaining than I Survived a Japanese Game Show. I agree...please come up with new challenges and dont just add more balls or mud to the same ol ones

Disneyexpert15
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Me and my mom watch Wipeout and I Survived A Japanese Game Show every Tuesday night. These shows are funny :number1:

Pagan
07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Anyone watching this season? Hands down the funniest shows on TV right now.

I start laughing the minute someone walks up to the "big balls" or the "punch wall", cause I know it's going to be hilarious!

LauraleeH
07-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Anyone watching this season? Hands down the funniest shows on TV right now.

I start laughing the minute someone walks up to the "big balls" or the "punch wall", cause I know it's going to be hilarious!
I watch every episode. Did you see the most recent one? Can you tell me who won? The DVR cut it off early so I don't know whether it was the cow guy or Meleah (I don't remember how she spelled it).

MNNHFLTX
07-16-2009, 03:08 PM
My family is still watching Wipeout--I loved the couples show they had!

Still not getting into the other show though.

Pagan
07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I watch every episode. Did you see the most recent one? Can you tell me who won? The DVR cut it off early so I don't know whether it was the cow guy or Meleah (I don't remember how she spelled it).
"Melia Motormouth" won! :D

laprana
07-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm watching both shows this season and love them! I watched Wipeout last year and they've really ramped up the crazy obstacles the people have to deal with! The two Johns are hilarious...the show wouldn't be nearly as funny without their commentary.

I only caught one episode of Japanese Game Show last year, so it's all pretty new to me this season. I laughed soooo hard at last night's "Stuck on Golf" (or whatever it was called!) game! :funny:

Disneypixie513
07-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I LOVE Wipeout. It's such an entertaining show. The big balls are probably my favorite, and I love the added push of the motivator. :thumbsup:

IamBelle
07-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Wipeout is my favorite show on TV right now, it is so hilarious!! My favorite obstacle would have to be the big red balls. I loved that guys shirt on the last episode!!

Pagan
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
How about that contortionist? Did she get wiped out hard or what? LOL

AdventurerKim
07-19-2009, 02:18 PM
We love Wipeout and never miss it! It is the most hilarious show on TV! All three commentators are too funny, but John Henson's sign-off line is the best! We want tshirts that say it! :thumbsup: My DH loves Jap Game Show, and I've kinda gotten into it this season, but Wipeout is the best!

princessjojo
07-19-2009, 06:45 PM
We just love Wipeout! There is nothing better than laughing hysterically for a solid hour. A good heaping dose of medicinal laughter is great for the soul.

StitchFan#1
07-19-2009, 06:56 PM
We watched the Japanese game show and we couldn't stop laughing. It was just so silly.

SILLY THE PERFECT WORD THAT IS ALSO EXTREMELY FUNNY

GBBT
07-20-2009, 10:54 PM
We watch Wipeout every week,my DW watches the Japanese show too(I can't get into it either).Henson makes Wipeout for me and watching those nuts go for the money.:rotfl::funny:

Pagan
07-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Keep an eye out. I applied for Wipeout. :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Wipeout is my favorite show on TV right now, it is so hilarious!! My favorite obstacle would have to be the big red balls. I loved that guys shirt on the last episode!!
My boys LOVE "The Motivator". A wonderfully funny way to spend an hour! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
07-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Wipeout is the highlight of our Wednesdays. Why is TV so bad this summer? At least Wipeout has us laughing! :thumbsup:

And yes, the commentary totally makes the show. Reminds me of the running commentary on Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

MNNHFLTX
07-26-2009, 05:15 PM
And yes, the commentary totally makes the show. Reminds me of the running commentary on Mystery Science Theatre 3000.I loved Mystery Theatre 3000! And yes, the commentary on Wipeout reminds me of that too. :D

Melanie
07-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I like 'I Survived' better, mainly because I've seen the shows in Japan and they are so FUNNY (even with Japanese commentary I can't understand). Wipeout is funny too. I like the guy who was/is on Talk Soup.

AdventurerKim
07-26-2009, 06:39 PM
It was just announced this week that Wipeout has been renewed for another season next summer! YAY! We'd love to see Celebrity Wipeout. "Ballsy" is at Comic Con, and pictures are posted on Facebook if you join the official Wipeout group. John Hensen also has a page you can join. His comments are just as fun as his commentary on the show.

Pagan
07-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Keep your fingers crossed for me, I sent my application in last week.

Would LOVE to get on that show!

afowl1017
07-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Good news about another summer of Wipe Out. This is a family must for us! It is a wonderful night of laughing and cheering for our favorite! All the kids love it and I love watching them enjoy themselves. There are few shows out there that get this much praise at our house. Love it! Oh I Survived a Japanese Game Show is another show that we love... our 2 year old shouts along " Hi Majide ! " Way to go ABC!

laprana
07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Keep your fingers crossed for me, I sent my application in last week.

Would LOVE to get on that show!

Keeping my fingers crossed :fingers: and sending some :pixie: just in case! Let us know if you hear anything!

Pagan
07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
our 2 year old shouts along " Hi Majide ! " Way to go ABC!
LOL....DW and I do the same thing.

Keeping my fingers crossed :fingers: and sending some :pixie: just in case! Let us know if you hear anything!
Oh I will...I have a funny feeling I'm going to get picked. :thedolls:

IamBelle
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Does anybody know who won the All Stars episode last week? My Tivo cut off the end :(

Pagan
08-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Does anybody know who won the All Stars episode last week? My Tivo cut off the end :(
The breakdancer guy won. The girl got within a foot of the platform on the drop bridge and time ran out.