PDA

View Full Version : ADR's 180 + 10 day question

RockinRollerMom
06-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I know that you can make your ADR's 180 days out starting at the begining of your trip plus 10 days. My question is.... We are not going to be booking an ADR for our first night. We will arrive pretty late in the afternoon and generally just grab some TS then off to the parks. My first ADR will be for the 2nd day of our trip. Can I call 180 days before my day of arrival or does if have to be 180 days from the first day I am going to make an ADR? Hope this all makes sense!

wendy*darling
06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
It's 180 days from your resort check-in date- even if you don't need any ADRs until day 5 or 6! :mickey:

RockinRollerMom
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
PERFECT!!!! Just the answer I was hoping for! Thanks a bunch!

Bri
06-04-2008, 10:10 AM
what does 180+10 mean? i've never heard of it before. how do you get those 10 extra days?

RockinRollerMom
06-04-2008, 10:14 AM
If you are staying at Disney resort you can book your ADR's on the 180th day before your trip. On that 180th day you can book for up to 10 days ahead, so you can book your whole trip on the 180th day. If you are not staying at a Disney resort you must call each day that is 180 days from the day that you want to make your ADR. Just another perk of staying on-site at Disney! Hope this all makes sense.

Bri
06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
thanks for explaining that!

Bri
06-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I have another question. RockinRollerMom cleared it up for me but here's my issue. I called yesterday to make ADR's. We are going December 8-15. My actual 180 day mark is June 11. So when I called yesterday I started making ressies, I booked our ressies for Tuesday, we want Candlelight Proc. on Wed so I have to wait for that, and I also booked our ressie for Thursday. When I went to book for the rest of the week (fri, sat, sun) the lady told me I had to call back on this saturday, june 7 cause Dec 12, 13, 14 weren't available yet. But I called within the 180+10 mark so why couldn't I get those days yet?

LisRich
06-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm confused - how were you able to start making ADR's BEFORE your 180-day mark if it's June 11th??? I thought I understood the system but now I'm just confused that you can make ADR's before 180 days out. We are arriving December 4th and I was told I couldn't make ADR's until June 7th. :confused:

wendy*darling
06-05-2008, 06:18 PM
:confused: I am confused as well.

But I called within the 180+10 mark so why couldn't I get those days yet?
No, actually you did NOT call within your timeframe.
If your arrival date is Dec 8th- your 180 day mark is June 11. On that date, you should be allowed to reserve for Dec 8 through the 17th.
It is not 180 + 10 (meaning 190 days) from arrival. It is 180 days from arrival, and then you can make up to 10 days worth of ADRs.

I have no idea why they allowed you to reserve before the 180 days.
But some of the dates would be in the system now, because for people arriving on 12/2/08- today is their 180 day date- and they can make ADRs through Dec 11th.

They are supposed to ask you for your arrival date AND confirmation number.
It sounds like you got lucky with a new CM- or at least one who doesn't understand their system!

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2008, 10:31 PM
It's 180 days from your resort check-in date- even if you don't need any ADRs until day 5 or 6! :mickey:

Are you sure about this??? I had to call back a few times because I was outside the 180 day time frame, even though I was within the 180 days until I checked in.... I was told by the CM it was 180 days from the day you are planning on dining....

wendy*darling
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Are you sure about this??? I had to call back a few times because I was outside the 180 day time frame, even though I was within the 180 days until I checked in.... I was told by the CM it was 180 days from the day you are planning on dining....
I am 97% certain. That is the rule, but as is evidenced by this thread- I guess it all depends on who you talk to! Not all the CMs seem to understand the guidelines. An earlier poster in this thread made her ADRs before their 180 day mark!
When you call at 180 days from your check-in date- the system has 10 days worth of ADRs available. So there is no need to wait any longer. It doesn't matter is you chose not to dine on your first day- or your last- the dates are all loaded.
Sometimes it's better just to hang up and call back. If you really feel that the CM is not right- ask for a supervisor.

Natazu
06-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Linda is correct.

Gotta keep in mind, the cast members don't always understand the system any better than we do. I've called three times in a row and gotten three different answers to the same question, none of which were right. If you need to make and ADR within your window and they won't let you, hang up and call back. You'll probably get someone more informed the next time.

Bri
06-06-2008, 11:27 AM
i did give the cm my confirmation number, date of arrival and resort we are staying at. she said something to the affect of "ok you are 180 days plus 10 so we can start making your reservations". she said i would have to call back on saturday to make the rest of our ressies. but then after thinking about it and posting on here, the situation seemed more confusing, so i called again yesterday and that cm told me that i couldn't make my ressies til june 11 which is my actual 180 day mark. it's all too confusing!

DizneyFreak2002
06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
I am 97% certain. That is the rule, but as is evidenced by this thread- I guess it all depends on who you talk to! Not all the CMs seem to understand the guidelines. An earlier poster in this thread made her ADRs before their 180 day mark!
When you call at 180 days from your check-in date- the system has 10 days worth of ADRs available. So there is no need to wait any longer. It doesn't matter is you chose not to dine on your first day- or your last- the dates are all loaded.
Sometimes it's better just to hang up and call back. If you really feel that the CM is not right- ask for a supervisor.

I was trusting what you were saying... It just seems that when ever I called, no matter when the vacation was, I was always told it was 180 days from the day you plan on dining... Never bothered me much since I was always able to get my ADR anyway.... Thanks for the information though... I will remember that for my next trip, after this one of course...