PDA

View Full Version : Surprise in room at check-in

Mudgirl930
06-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi , I am not certain if I am in the right forum , but here goes.... We are going to be staying at POR from Nov.24- Dec.2 with my DH,DD 11, DS 8, DS 5,DD 3, and DD 2 months, along with my parents.What I would like is for some small surprise to be waiting for the kids when we get to our room.Does anyone know if Disney does this? Thanks for all your help you guys are truly wonderful!

Tinkerfreak
06-03-2008, 08:20 AM
A few years ago they used to do this for us when we stayed concierge. The last couple of years we did this they bought all the stuff and charged my cc but it was never in the room upon arrival so I just stopped doing it. The idea was to surprise them upon arrival and because they don't do this any more I just stopped requesting it. I know you can order things for the room but I don't think they will put it in the room for arrival anymore.

DisneyCouture
06-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I used the disney florist to order a "just arrived to Disney" basket. It had Mickey ears and goodies with a camera and autograph book. They were really nice and helpful. It was great and they delivered it right when I wanted it. I have used them a couple of times. Hope this helps.

brownie
06-03-2008, 09:53 AM
I think it'll be tough to have something waiting in the room for you when you check-in. I've used the Walt Disney World Florist a couple of times and had things delivered during our stay.

TammiMcMan
06-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry, but there's almost zero chance that they'd be able to put something in your room prior to arrival. The only exception is club level rooms, where the chances are a little bit better.

Some resorts don't pre-assign rooms and those that do, the room assignments can be changed up until you physically get the room number. Any gifts you order will be brought to the front desk. It can be handed to you when you check-in, or a runner can deliver it to your room later in the day.

In terms of who can get you gifts, you can look at the Disney Florist, Proflowers, or do a google search for Disney gift baskets. There are plenty of off site companies who offer this service.

Kairi_7378
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Can you pack some sort of "Welcome to Disney" treat in your carry on luggage? Like special t shirts for your family, some Mickey sunglasses for the younger kids, maybe a pin for everyone? That way you can give it out at the resort, even if your room isn't ready when you check in.

OhToodles!
06-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Any gifts you order will be brought to the front desk. It can be handed to you when you check-in.

If you want something there when you arrive, then I think the above is the way to go. I just asked about getting ears only from the Disney florist and they told me they would deliver it the day before we arrive with a note to hold at front desk so it's there when we check-in. I haven't dedcided to do this yet, but I got a quick response from the Disney florist via e-mail. Good Luck! And enjoy your trip.

Hull-onian
06-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I have ordered from Disney Florist in the past. Our baskets have always been delivered on arrival day. What we do is, check in, get ready to go out for dinner (our favorite activity) then when we get back, our package is in the room. It is always a nice surprise for the kids.:blush:

dmosher
06-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I agree, it is very difficult to put something in your room, since they almost never know which room you will be staying in until you get on-site.

My advice would be, to have in delivered the next day or even better half way through your trip, to keep the magic going. Have whatever your sending shipped to your room to the kids with a note saying," Hope your having fun on your tip, stop by and see me at my house in Magic Kingdom! Your pal Mickey

Hope that helps,
:pipes:
D