PDA

View Full Version : What sights/sounds/smells remind you of Disney?

2 princes and a princess
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I was putting sunscreen (that we bought from WDW) on my DS5 when he announced "Hey, I smell just like Disney World!" :mickey: So then, we spent the next hour or so talking about WDW and watching the Vacation planning DVD. Are there any sights, sounds, or smells that remind you of WDW?

Marceline
06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Mid-day rain smells like WDW to me, especially here in MO, where it gets very humid too.

teambricker04
06-02-2008, 10:33 PM
When I smell anything that reminds me of the Beach Club lobby... I have a candle that smells like it. Ahhhh. I am going to go light it now...

Boojum
06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
...it's a certain smell the resort lobbies have. I don't know if it's an air freshener, or the cleaning supplies they use, or what.

I teach high school, and several times, while walking through the library, I've caught this same scent. I will stop dead in my tracks and stand there inhaling with this :goofy2: smile on my face. The librarian finally asked me what I was doing--when I told him, he stood there and laughed for about five minutes!

Also--"watery" smells like a swimming pool remind me of Splash Mountain and Pirates.

katzctkpt
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I had bought a bottle of body spray from bath & body works and anytime I use it it reminds me of Disney. I hadn't used it until we were there so, what I have left is for Disney trips or if I need a little Disney cheer.

Marilyn Michetti
06-03-2008, 12:50 AM
The elevator at our hospital smells like the monorail. It even makes a "swooshing" sound when the door closes.

188 more days to go.:cloud9:

Ropachs
06-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Several weeks ago we were celebrating a birthday at a fancy restaurant. Upon returning to my table from the bathroom, I VERY excitedly told DH that the bathroom smelled like a Disney bathroom. He, of course, thinks I'm nuts.
Also, lately, the water when I'm brushing my teeth smells like Florida water. Maybe I have too much Disney on my mind!

DisneyCouture
06-03-2008, 08:53 AM
...it's a certain smell the resort lobbies have. I don't know if it's an air freshener, or the cleaning supplies they use, or what.

:ditto:

And when my DH wears his cologne from the Norway pavilion. It reminds so much of that store we bought it in.

LauraF
06-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Ha!

One of my friends told me one time that my bathroom smells just like a WDW bathroom. Maybe WDW uses the 7th Generation cleaning products! :mickey:

The smell of water with bromine gets to me as does anytime I hear a wolf howl (HM effect).

And of course, Coppertone suncreen.

slegrant
06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Two things, we love Fort Wilderness and last night my wife and I were sitting outside at dusk looking into the woods from our back porch, we both said this reminds us of being at Fort Wilderness at dusk when the lights just turn on.

Second, I took my three sons fishing at a fresh water lake and my 11 year old said "Dad it smells like the lake at Disney (Bay Lake & Seven sea's lagoon). The conversation went to our favorite things about Disney.

Great post:dale::chip:

Bethis26fan
06-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Several weeks ago we were celebrating a birthday at a fancy restaurant. Upon returning to my table from the bathroom, I VERY excitedly told DH that the bathroom smelled like a Disney bathroom. He, of course, thinks I'm nuts.
Also, lately, the water when I'm brushing my teeth smells like Florida water. Maybe I have too much Disney on my mind!

I think the same thing everytime I go into Target's bathroom here. It smells just like the bathrooms at disney.

MatterhornMiss
06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
To me, Big Thunder Mountain has a very distinct smell, sort of like a smoky, metallic, diesel engine (if that makes any sense). Whenever I smell that outside the parks, I think, "That smells like BTMR," and it takes me right back.

SurferStitch
06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Certain floral scents remind me of the Grand Flo lobby. :cloud9: Especially roses.

I just bought Guerlain Insolence, and that reminds me of Epcot. Everytime we go there, we hit France and buy perfume (me) and cologne (DH), and I always smell Insolence in the France shop. Also, all of the Guerlain makeup and skincare stuff I buy there has a scent that always takes me back to Epcot when I use them.

Capt. Sparrow
06-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Whenever I cook outside on the bbq grill, the smell reminds me of being on Spaceship Earth. I have a tendancy to overcook the burgers as I find myself day dreaming of being on that ride!:mickey:

Belle619
06-04-2008, 08:39 AM
For me, it is definitely that water smell. I love it because I can imagine myself riding on Splash in my happy place!

LauraleeH
06-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Just like a previous poster said, I bought Sensual Amber from Bath and Body Works and used the spray before going to the Magic Kingdom. I now call that my Disney perfume :mickey:

The other day, we used our grill for the first time. I could smell Fort Wilderness :)