PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passes Any body know?

DestinationWDW
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok I just called to make my next big step, that is to purchase annual passes, so hereis the question.

Spoke with DVC CM and he stated that I could not use my reward points for annual passes via the DVC line. Said that they could not enter the card into there system. I found that odd but ok. So I asked if I could do on the DVC site. He said he didn't know. So I went to the DVC member site and yes when you reach the checkout section there is an option to enter your rewards card number, this is great no problems. The ticket price is also cheaper then what the CM stated.

Ok so here’s the question, if I purchase my annual passes on the DVC Site, I assume they mail some type of ticket/receipt. But when do the AP's actually start, is it the day of purchase or the first day you use it. We won't be arriving until October 18th 2008. Also does anyone know what the whole process is? When I get down there do I need to do something, where do we actually get the AP's from?

BluewaterBrad
06-02-2008, 05:55 PM
They start from the day you first activate. ( I believe they might have a stipulation within a certain time frame) That would be your renewal date. Man I love Aps! We have the standard, but I am thinking about upgrading to the premium.:mickey:

medic9016
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
You will get vouchers in the mail. When you get to WDW you will have to activate the vouchers at DTD or one of the parks. This is the date you APs will start.

Sunshine1010
06-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm assuming the DVC site will give you your DVC discount when you buy the AP's...????

DestinationWDW
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm assuming the DVC site will give you your DVC discount when you buy the AP's...????

Yes that's correct, in fact the discount was greater on the DVC website then what the CM quoted me on the phone. My main concern was that i would have to activate the APs before our October trip, I don't want to waste 4.5 months.

thanks

George

MdmMim
06-03-2008, 08:02 AM
When you turn in the voucher for the actual AP, you'll need picture ID and your blue DVC member card. If you're purchasing for others who live with you, they, too, will need ID with the same address. (Not sure about kids.) :D

DestinationWDW
06-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes but how long are the vouchers good for. If I buy them now will they still be good when I arrive in October that's like 136 days a way. So do the vouchers expire?

okw2006
06-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I think the difference in price is tax. The DVC price is 348.00 plus tax

KylesMom
06-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes but how long are the vouchers good for. If I buy them now will they still be good when I arrive in October that's like 136 days a way. So do the vouchers expire?
No, the vouchers do not expire. I purchased our first one in November for our July trip. Just a guess, but I'd expect that we'll see a price increase before October - so I'd purchase them now! :mickey:

Checkers
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
:mickey:You can purchase the vouchers now and they will not be good until you activate them when you arrive in Disney (at one of the parks or DTD). Then, they will not expire until a year from the date you activate them. I believe you said you were going in Oct.08, so if you activate them when you get there they will expire Oct.09. Be sure and take your DVC membership card and a picture ID for everyone who will be getting the APs when you activate your vouchers.

Love our APs!

DestinationWDW
06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone that answers my question.