PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up for MNSSHP?

dmosher
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Are you dressing up for MNSSHP this year? If so any idea what your going as? DW and I are planning to and I am just curious what others usually wear.
:pipes:
D

KineGirl
06-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Just DD & I are going this year and we're both dressing up! It will be my first time dressing up for Halloween in 10 years! :mickey: I cant wait :woohoo:

biodtl
06-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I can't imagine NOT dressing up! All of use (59, 40, 11, & 4) agree that you're never too old.

tinksmom02
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm going to try and get some Halloween shirts for the adults, but DD5 and her friend are the only ones officially going in costume.

*Liz*
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM
My boyfriend and I will be dressing up when we go! As a matter of fact, he just mentioned that we should go over to the costume shop tomorrow to start getting ideas for costumes! :funny:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-03-2008, 12:32 AM
It's just my DH and I. We went last year for the first time and saw so many adults dressed up that we decided we will too this year. I'm going as Elizabeth Swann and he's going to be Capt. Jack Sparrow.

TFrauts
06-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Just wondering...if you are dressing up....what date are you going?? We are going on October 2, but I am worried that if we dress up, we might be the only ones, because it is still a bit early! I also wanted to stop at a monorail restaurant to eat before we arrive, but I am not sure if I would be brave enough to go to dinner in costume to a restaurant outside of the MK!

Dragongirlx
06-03-2008, 03:57 AM
My sister and I are going on the 16th September and we are both dressing up.
She is going to be a fairy godmother and I am going to be a regular fairy - Fairy Hedgehog:tink:

biodtl
06-03-2008, 07:52 AM
We'll be there on Oct 9th. We'll be dressed up, but we haven't decided on our costumes yet, though.

DisneyCouture
06-03-2008, 11:36 AM
We will be going the party on the 2nd. DH will be Jack Sparrow (again) and I'm not sure yet. I have a couple Disney costumes to pick from.:)

OhToodles!
06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I've decided I want us all to dress up, but I keep changing my mind on what to be. The latest is Mousketeers (an idea I saw on here) since there are 7 of us plus we can still dress cool. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to get ears before we go, while we're there, or not at all (I do have some cheap party headband ones we could use though).

dmosher
06-03-2008, 03:59 PM
We will be going in Early Sept (second week I think), so if anyone else is going, dress up as well!!! Then none of us have to worry about being the only ones there in costumes. Anyone else going for the Early Sept party???

D

garthbarth1
06-03-2008, 10:46 PM
We went last year on 9/28 and dressed up as Pirates! I will try and post a link to the picture if I can figure out how to do it! It was awesome and a lot of people dressed up. We are going on 9/26 this year, but have not decided what we are going as, but we will be dressed up! Go for it!

GrmGrninGost
06-03-2008, 11:40 PM
The whole family dresses up! You're never too old to have fun!! :mickey:

DisneyDudet
06-03-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm the youngest, age 24, and I demand my family dress up! Its fun. I don't know what we're going to be this year. Probably tacky tourists or maybe something Disney park related...

KineGirl
06-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Just wondering...if you are dressing up....what date are you going?? We are going on October 2, but I am worried that if we dress up, we might be the only ones, because it is still a bit early! I also wanted to stop at a monorail restaurant to eat before we arrive, but I am not sure if I would be brave enough to go to dinner in costume to a restaurant outside of the MK!

LOL!! We're going Oct 2 too! So you wont be alone :secret:

However we are going to wait to eat in MK at a CS :blush:

cal5755
06-04-2008, 12:02 AM
We will be going in Early Sept (second week I think), so if anyone else is going, dress up as well!!! Then none of us have to worry about being the only ones there in costumes. Anyone else going for the Early Sept party???

D

We are planning on going to MNSSHP on 9/16 and we will all dress up. There will be at least 8 of us going....but there are 21 traveling in our GG total so more may decide to come.... I have no idea what we are going to dress as but I am thinking it is not going to be a Disney theme. I am thinking more like dressing us all up from the 50's or 70's or maybe even do a punk theme (I think 96 year old Aunt Apple would look great with a rainbow mohawk!!). I really want to do the wizard of oz but I think it will be just to hot for most of those kinds of costumes. It will be fun putting it all together no matter what we choose though!!

SurferStitch
06-04-2008, 06:35 AM
DH and I are going on October 16th. I am going as Tinkerbell, and I'm making the dress so it's as close as possible to Tink's real dress (but a little longer so as to make it G rated). That means boning and everything to keep that strapless number up where it's supposed to be!

DH isn't sure what he'll be yet, but I think he's leaning toward Peter Pan. He'd love to be Hook, but you must keep the high temps in mind. The last couple MNSSHP's we did were hot! One was Halloween night, the other was early October, and it was hot and humid. I felt bad for all of the Jack Sparrows and Elizabeth Swans I saw! Poor people had sweat dripping down their faces. So, keep comfort in mind.

Guess I better get crackin' on that dress! I still haven't bought a pattern yet.

BritCody
06-04-2008, 06:36 AM
We are going 10/19 and 10/23. We are wearing costumes one of the nights for sure and it is still undecided if we are dressing both nights

TFrauts
06-04-2008, 07:23 AM
I am thinking this might finally be the time for me to wear something 'out' for halloween, that I could normally NEVER wear! We live in ontario canada, so normally, for halloween, we have to wear stuff that fits our winter coat underneath! How are the bugs in october? Are there mosquitos or anything that bites that might make me wish I had worn 'more' clothes?

dmosher
06-07-2008, 06:56 AM
Great results! So far it doesn't seem like we will be the only adults in costume, that is assuming all of you will be there the 1st 2 weeks of Sept.. hmm probably not... oh well!
D

Main Street Jim
06-07-2008, 05:51 PM
In 2003, my son wanted to be *something* Disney, but he figured everybody and their brother would be a Disney character of some sort (it was our first Party). We were walking through Studios one afternoon, and we were down between ToT and RnRC. He said to me, "Dad - I got it!" He wouldn't tell me until we got home ;)
He dug out a box that had a computer, I believe, and says to me - "I'm goin' as a Tower of Terror FastPass machine!" We then had to go over to Studios again and get pictures of their FastPass machines, and we painted this box up JUST like it, complete with lightning strikes and all - even the FP Return time signage! He was a HIT at the Party! A LOT of folks wanted their picture with the "FastPass Kid" that year...LOLOLOL...if I can get pictures posted, I'll show it to y'all....

We also ran into a family dressed as "The Four Parks" - each one had a shirt on with iron-on pictures of the park they were representing, and wore homemade hats of that park's icon: the Tree of Life, SpaceShip Earth, Cindy's place, and the BAH. They were pretty cool ;)

Oh - and my ex-wife and I went as "Main Street Electrical Parade": we took some battery-operated Christmas lights and strung them around our "MSEP" t-shirts, hooked up a CD player, and walked into the park playing "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular pageant of nighttime magic and imagination...in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds...the Main Street Electrical Parade!"

laward32
06-08-2008, 11:21 AM
If I was going this year my DD's and I would be dressing up. We went last year and we all dressed up. We had a lot of fun, except for the rain.:mickey:

goofyluva9293
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
We will definitely be dressing up! A few years ago we went as pretty much the entire cast of Peter Pan. We had Peter, Wendy, John, Michael, Tink, Captain Hook, the crocodile, Princess Tiger Lily and even Nana. The youngest of us was 18 months & the oldest was around 60. It was awesome! So many people complimented us and we had a blast. We've also done pirates, Alice in Wonderland and Snow White. I'm not sure what we're going to be this year but we will be dressing up! It makes it more fun!

Bethis26fan
08-17-2008, 08:26 PM
We are, my logan (4) is dressing up as Captin Jack, I'm dressing up as a witch and I'm not sure what my cousin is going as. She's thinking about doing a pirate.

Jul
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Anyone else going on September 23rd?!

This will be my very first MNSSHP. I am really looking forward to it. DB and I have talked about dressing up but aren't too sure yet. I know it will probably be very warm that evening so we don't want to wear anything to heavy or involved. If we do decide to dress up we will probably just wear our work "clothes" - scrubs. How original!:medic:

:pumpkin:

LauraleeH
08-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I dressed up for the first time last year (Elizabeth Swann) but this year I'm just going to get a t-shirt from Target. They're only $5 and they are still festive and much more comfortable.

If I ever go with a group of friends, we would definitely dress up. This year, it's just me and my mom, and I couldn't pay her to dress up, so I don't want to do it alone...