PDA

View Full Version : Disney higher ups

Imagineer1981
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
In honor of my 800th post I thought I'd post this question.

As anyone ever had an encounter with a Disney executive, like Joe Rohde, or Bob Iger, or even Walt himself?

Tigerinvestigator
06-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Had two very good conversations with Justin the new Chief Magical Officer two weeks ago. The first was in World Showcase and the next night he recognized us and we talked for a few minutes in the Magic Kingdom. Very nice guy and he will be great for the Disney company.

faline
06-02-2008, 04:14 PM
A few years ago, we saw Joe Rohde walking through Animal Kingdom. We didn't speak with him. He was headed in the opposite direction and was involved in a conversation with the woman he was walking along with.

kakn7294
06-02-2008, 05:03 PM
A few years ago, I spend a few minutes talking to Brad Rex, the then VP of Epcot. I didn't know who he was at the time and all he said was that he was a "manager" when my mom asked - his nametag just said Brad. He actually spent most of the time talking to my then 3 yo DD than to me but he was very nice. Not long after that trip, I saw an interview with him and realized that's who had been talking with us.

AnnetteFan
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I used to see Phil Holmes and Lee Cockerell all the time.

KineGirl
06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Wow... too cool ya'll seen those ppl! I wouldnt know them if they shook my hand unless they told me who they are :blush:

The closest Ive come to meeting A Very Important Disney Person is - I did meet one of the Sr Imagineers of Tokyo DL last year at WS in Epcot. He was wearing a pin lanyard and asked me if I wanted to trade as we were walking. He was very nice and we got to chit chat about how awesome his job is for a few minutes. Of course for the life of me Im going to forget his name now but I got his autograph & a pic of me and him! :)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-03-2008, 12:58 AM
I've seen Phil Holmes a few times around the parks, Meg Crofton once.

But...I'm being taught by Ron Logan, the former Executive VP of Global Entertainment for the Disney Company (basically, everything you see today).

Ian
06-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I met Brad Rex in Epcot once and chatted him up for a few minutes. He didn't tell me who he was, but I knew because I'd seen his picture a few times. I never let on that I knew, though.

I was also fortunate enough to speak with Marty Sklar for a bit at the IAAPA convention in 2005. That was something!

And, of course, I met and spoke with Roy Disney at the infamous shareholders meeting in Philly back in 2004. That's another one that I'll never forget!

Saw Meg Crofton speak at the TSM press event a few weeks ago, but I didn't get to talk with her one on one.

Scar
06-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I haven't, but a friend of mine met Walt when he was working at DisneyLand in the early '60's.

And my cousin is dating the niece of a current member of the Board of Directors.

KineGirl
06-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I haven't, but a friend of mine met Walt when he was working at DisneyLand in the early '60's.

And my cousin is dating the niece of a current member of the Board of Directors.

LOL Youre 45 minutes from Walt himself ;)

TheRustyScupper
06-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I have had meetings with Al Weiss and Lee Cockerell.

2Epcot
06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I was at Disneyland for the opening of Star Tours ... Micahel Eisner, Jeffery Katzenberg and Geroge Lucas were there. We ended up pretty close to the stage, but didn't get to speak to any of them.

jkj1224
06-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I've met phil holmes and meg crofton seveleral times and been present when bob iger was around