PDA

View Full Version : Cooking With Intercot -JUNE

disneydrmr
06-02-2008, 08:38 AM
:chef: :eat: :pizza: :popcorn: :tasty: :cart:

This is the place to share any great recipes, or ask any cooking related questions!

disneydrmr
06-02-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm looking for a cold PEACH soup... I have an AWESOME Strawberry one that I thought about just switching the strawberries out for the peaches, but I'm not sure it would work. So if anyone has a tried and true peach soup recipe I would love to have it!

Natazu
06-06-2008, 03:57 AM
With summer approaching, thoughts turn away from the kitchen and toward the grill. I started using a new burger preparation method, mostly out of necessity since I was out of the stuff I usually use. Wanna hear it?

Teriyaki Turkey Cheeseburgers:
Ground Turkey (85/15 fat content)
Teriyaki Marinade - 1tbsp per pound of ground turkey
a Thick BBQ sauce (like KC Masterpiece) 2tbsp per pound of ground turkey
Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning - 1tsp per pound of ground turkey
Havarti cheese slices

Mix Marinade, BBQ sauce, and seasoning in large bowl until even consistency. Add ground turkey and mix until well blended. Form in to firm patties. Ground turkey is less dense than beef so the patties may feel "soggy" compared to the burgers you've done before. It's ok, just make sure and oil your grill before you place the meat to reduce the risk of sticking. These things fall apart easily if they're not packed tightly.
Place meat on oiled grill when heat is high to sear, then reduce flame to med-high. Cook with lid closed (or under foil tent if you don't have a lid) 4 minutes on each side, flip again and add cheese slice. Cook 'til cheese is bubbly, put directly onto grilled bun.

d_m_n_n
06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
We LOVE to grill all year long, but in the summer I hate turning on my stove for anything! This is the recipe for grilled hash browns that are delicious!!! Pop them on a few minutes before burgers and ta-da...dinner is served without the oven!

3 1/2 c. hash browns (thawed)
2 T melted butter
1/2 medium onion chopped
1 T beef bouillon granules
dash of seasoned salt
dash of pepper

Spray heavy duty aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray. Place potatoes on foil and sprinkle with onion, bouillon, seasoned salt and pepper. Drizzle with butter. Fold foil tightly around potatoes making a pouch. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.

These are so yummy! For special occasions, I'll add some crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. :tasty:

disneydrmr
06-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Where are all the foodies???? Those two grill recipes sound yummy! I'll have to try them out. Doesn't anyone have any great summer recipes to share?

JanetMegan
06-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Ok here's one someone told me over the weekend I'm going to try tonight-admittedly I was at a party and had been drinking :marg: but here goes ;)

Take chicken breasts and pound them and then marinate in balsalmic and olive oil. Then take them out and spread them with cream cheese and sliced fresh jalapeno, roll them up, secure with toothpicks and grill ;)

JanetMegan
06-24-2008, 08:42 AM
As Rachael Ray would say-Yum-o, those chicken roll ups turned out great! I used the kind of cream cheese spread and not the block kind so it went on there more easily. I grilled on a medium temp for about 6 mins on the first side and 5 on the other. Will use more fresh jalapeno next time. Served it with a corn casserole I found on the kraft foods website!

Disneyatic
06-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Wow Janet, that chicken recipe sounds yummy, we are going to have to try that one!

My aunt hollows out jalapenos, fills them with cream cheese and then wraps them in bacon and grills them and they are excellent!

Does anyone have a light, fairly simple pasta salad recipe??

JanetMegan
06-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Janet's Pasta Salad (no mayo based)

1 lb pasta (I like curvy corkscrews)
1 large green pepper
1 pint grape tomoatoes
2 small cucumbers
1 smallish bottle Wishbone Italian or light Italian dressing
1.5 tblspoons of salad seasoning
small can sliced black olives (if desired)

Peel and cut cucumber into chunks, cut green pepper into chunks, cut all tomatoes in half, dump in olives (drained) (I make all this in a big zip loc bag) cook pasta and drain, add to veggies and pour on dressing and salad seasoning to taste! Better made one day ahead!

disneydrmr
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Janet's Pasta Salad (no mayo based)

1 lb pasta (I like curvy corkscrews)
1 large green pepper
1 pint grape tomoatoes
2 small cucumbers
1 smallish bottle Wishbone Italian or light Italian dressing
1.5 tblspoons of salad seasoning
small can sliced black olives (if desired)

Peel and cut cucumber into chunks, cut green pepper into chunks, cut all tomatoes in half, dump in olives (drained) (I make all this in a big zip loc bag) cook pasta and drain, add to veggies and pour on dressing and salad seasoning to taste! Better made one day ahead!

That's the one I was gonna post - only I add sliced up pepperoni to mine! And I've sometimes added carrots. And I usually use a larger amount of dressing cause I don't like my salads to be dry.. and I sprinkle parmesan cheese on it...

offwego
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
hmm...nothing on peach soup but have you thought of just subbing in the peaches?

For summer salads what about this one

1 bag mixed greens (mesculan style)
1/4 watermelon seedless cubed
1/4 cup olives roughly sliced (I use a mix of green and black)
1 tomato diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta
olive oil and red wine vinegar to taste (using 1/3 vinegar to 2/3 olive oil..I don't personally like a lot of dressing on mine)

you can also add cucucumber and red onion if you like.

disneydrmr
06-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Here's a nice, cold, summery pie for you to try!

Frozen Lemonade Pie

1 Graham Cracker Crust

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled

1 (12oz) whip topping, thawed

1 (6 fl. oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate, keep frozen

In a medium bowl, add chilled sweetened condensed milk and cool whip and fold gently. Add frozen lemonade and continue to fold gently. Do not let the mixture become to soupy. Pour mixture into pie crust and freeze overnight. Garnish with candied lemon peel if desired.