PDA

View Full Version : DDP - exactly how does this work?

sndral
06-02-2008, 01:37 AM
I truly am looking forward to trying new restaurants w/ the DDP and planning and getting ADRs has been a blast, I only have 1 more to decide, now I have a practical question - how does it all work?
If someone could just walk me through a scenario - I intend to use cash for non DDP covered stuff.
We arrive & check in for ADR mentioning we are DDP, are seated, order, have a wonderful
dinner, and now it's time to pay. We get 2 bills, right, one for noncovered items, which I'll pay w/cash and one w/ DDP covered items which I'll pay w/? - one key to the world card, a special card, vouchers (how old fashioned) or all 4 people's card/vouchers?
Oh, then I leave cash for a tip based on both bills, right?

KineGirl
06-02-2008, 02:00 AM
You tell your waiter that youre on the DDP and they will explain what is and is not included on it. At the end of the meal you give them 1 Key to the World. You should only get one slip if I remember correctly - you sign for the stuff on the DDP and pay however you want to pay for the non DDP items and tip.

Hope that helps :mickey:

elmjimmlm
06-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Oh, then I leave cash for a tip based on both bills, right?

If you are using your key to the world to charge things then you can use it to charge your tip on it...That way you can save your cash...

sndral
06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Thx. The "Key to the World' really is just that, isn't it?
I'm wondering if there'll be a slight glitch in my case because I have 2 separate ressies, one for my son & his gf & one for me & mom. Both ressies are in my name, same dates, same place - POFQ, both DDP, but I'm guessing we'll have to ask for 2 bills - which will equal 4 bills total - whew. Or maybe one bill and give them 2 Keys to the world one from each room?
As I recall everything is very much room/ressie based, a few years ago when the whole family did a WDW/cruise combo (no DDP) we tried to have mom's cc attached to her key and my cc attached to mine - no go only one cc per room allowed @ the time. Has that changed?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-02-2008, 10:54 AM
On our last trip, me and DH had one room, and Mom and DD had another room.

At the end of the meal we would get 1 bill, and we'd give them 1 card from each room, and just let them know to charge 2 meals from each card. At some meals (Ok a LOT of meals), DH had a beer, and we'd just let them know which card we wanted it charged to, or that we'd be leaving cash for the drink.

Although we each had a separate credit card attached to each room (we didn't try attaching a separate cc to each card though), we tried really hard to pay cash for the tips, it just made it so much easier.

All in all, it worked pretty well, and was easier than I expected!

Young@Heart
06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I never thought of this, but we might also have an issue. We have to ressies b/c there are 5 of us staying at POP. We requested connecting rooms, but have 2 seperate packages booked. :( This might create some issues. I don't want to try to remember which cards have what number of meals on them. What a pain. :confused:

KineGirl
06-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I never thought of this, but we might also have an issue. We have to ressies b/c there are 5 of us staying at POP. We requested connecting rooms, but have 2 seperate packages booked. :( This might create some issues. I don't want to try to remember which cards have what number of meals on them. What a pain. :confused:

Just always keep the tabs divided and tell the server from the beginning. For example make sure you and DH are on one card/tab and the other 3 are on the other.

Dont worry, we had the same issue last year and it really wasnt difficult to keep track of. Even if you mix them up there will always be enough on one card or the other!

irish1967
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM

I would think that they would be able to check this.

We have 4 rooms booked and thus different packages - I don't remember the details but we have always been able to charge the keys appropriately.

Young@Heart
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Just always keep the tabs divided and tell the server from the beginning. For example make sure you and DH are on one card/tab and the other 3 are on the other.

Dont worry, we had the same issue last year and it really wasnt difficult to keep track of. Even if you mix them up there will always be enough on one card or the other!

Thanks!
We actually booked me and 2 kids on one ressie and DH and 1 kid on the other. I was told I couldn't book DC seperately in their own room. I hope this doesn't mean we won't get connecting rooms. :confused: