PDA

View Full Version : dinner decisions

disneylinda
06-01-2008, 09:45 PM
DH and I are having a hard time deciding where to eat (just us 2) before heading to Magic Kingdom on night 2. Thinking of either Flying Fish or Jikos. Already have other nights planned for Cal Grill and Bistro de France.:mickey:

SBETigg
06-01-2008, 09:59 PM
California Grill is an excellent choice. I haven't been to Jiko or Flying Fish. I have friends who swear by Jiko but after Jym (Natazu)'s review of Flying Fish, I would go to Flying Fish. I don't think you could go wrong in any case.

JMTStone
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I would do the Flying Fish. Especially if you haven't visited the Boardwalk. That way you can enjoy a stroll and digest to entertainment!

goofy-4-disney
06-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I've never been to Jiko's, but on my last trip I did have the pleasure of eating at Flying Fish. In our group we ordered the salmon, new york strip steak and the potato crusted red snapper. All three were excellent dishes. I would highly recommend you try Flying Fish.

Natazu
06-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Both Flying Fish and Jiko are excellent. I like Flying Fish better and eat there more. I'm happy ordering anything on their menu where Jiko only has a couple of things I like.

Here's how they stack up for me:
Atmosphere: FF
Adventurousness: Jiko
Chefs: FF
Management: FF
Servers: Tie, both excellent
Sommeliers: Jiko
Food Quality: FF
Consistency: FF
Ease of Transportation: FF

Overall Value: FF

mrsgaribaldi
06-02-2008, 05:47 AM
I really love the Earl of Sandwich in DTD. It's nothing fancy but I love the food:mickey: