PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa For Canadian WDW Lovers??

Bringonthemouse!
06-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know if the Chase Disney Visa will ever become available to Canadians? I'm continuously checking the website but remain incredibly bummed by the fact that I cannot receive a Disney Visa:(.
Do any of my fellow Canadian Intercotees feel my pain?

Polynesian Dweller
06-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, the biggest problem is that Chase is a US Bank and does not do consumer business in Canada. As such, no Chase card. Besides, Visa US and Visa Canada were two separate businesses. A US Bank could not, and still can't, offer a credit card to Canadians. Only a a predominently Canadian owned subsidary can do so.

When, the Disney card first came out the Canadian Visa sites had info suggesting they wer looking at it but it never came together. There has been some talk with Visa's recent restructuring that there might be some possiblity, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Frankly, I never understood the Michael Eisner era decision to dump The Disney Club which was worldwide, for Chase Visa which is only US. Here was a company with theme parks worldwide basically thumbing its nose at the rest of the world and telling them they didn't count. Not good for a worldwide business I'd say.:mad:

Off the soapbox now, yes I clearly feel your pain.