PDA

View Full Version : another hidden relax spot at mk

dyin tago
06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
last trip dw and I went into the little cinema on main street that sold pictures,frames,film etc.

we ventured around to the back and found a little movie theatre showing vintage disney cartoons. although it is called main street cinema (I believe) we almost missed the theatre. a great quiet spot to relax a few minutes and cool down!:fan::popcorn:

kadesha
06-01-2008, 12:32 PM
A CM told us about this place last time we were there. I could never tear myself away from the park long enough to go inside though! :giggle: I might try it next time, my kids would probably enjoy it!

Imagineer1981
06-02-2008, 11:23 AM
its great, airconditioned and usually empty

Jasper
06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
This has been around for many years and has shown different types of Disney movies from time to time. However, the majority of them have been cartoons.

We love to stop there for a break and to get a true fix of what Disney is all about.

alilprincessmom99
06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
In all the times I have been, I have never noticed that! Now that I know about it, I can't wait to try it out for a nice relaxing spot!

DizneyFreak2002
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
The cinema is a great place to sit and relax and cool off.... I have spent some time there just to relax, slow down, and cool off... Thanks for posting...

Young@Heart
06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Iforgot about that! It's been a while since I've been in there. Thanks for the reminder. :mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
06-02-2008, 12:03 PM
In all the times I have been, I have never noticed that! Now that I know about it, I can't wait to try it out for a nice relaxing spot!

:ditto:
Thanx for the tip!

Von-Drake
06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
That is a great little place to get a nice rest in air conditioned space. We have used to give our son a little downtime on our last trip. He enjoyed the cartoons and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

Fryguy
06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
We have always made it a point to stop there and rest for a bit. It is a nice quiet relaxing spot to just sit and watch movies.

My kids love having their pictures taken with all the props there.

johnO
06-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I noticed it for the first time on out last trip but did not actually go into the theater.

Queen Stephanie
06-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I am so glad this topic is being discussed. Our family visited this little theater a couple of years ago on a very hot July day. It turned out to be a quiet oasis for us to cool off! :fan:It would also be a great place to escape if an afternoon thunderstorm decides to visit MK ;)The cartoons were adorable too. We should all make it a must stop on our next visit to MK!

Tigerinvestigator
06-04-2008, 02:58 PM
I can remember going there around 1980 and that is where they had the preview of Epcot complete with models and film. Afterwards we took a monorail to the Epcot station and got out and listened to a guide give us an overview of the construction for Epcot. A few years ago it was the preview station for Animal Kingdom as well. We always manage to visit at least once every visit. The girls love to get their pictures made on all of the photo props they have.:thumbsup:

Mousemates
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
We enjoy the movie spots too..infact so much so when we went to Disneyland we made a point of stopping for a visit at their equivalent....and it was a hoot, saw some old B&w Mickey cartoons that showed a little bit edgier mouse...including one with a hunting mickey (yes, Mickey with a firearm) trying to shoot a deer (obviously pre-Bambi) and instead taking a pot shot at Pluto (pre-hunter safety days as well) who managed to get some antler like sticks stuck to his head.

tinkerbell04
06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
We love that area as well. There are some really great photo ops in there. Once we were in there and the characters from Robin Hood came in and played with us and watched movies as well!

SFTrny
06-04-2008, 08:35 PM
If you are having trouble finding the spirit of Walt, this is a great place to spend some time watching the vintage cartoons.

indytraveler
06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
we are going in a few weeks so I'll take a look. thanks for the headsup.

kelly.garrett
06-05-2008, 03:20 AM
My dad and I ended up in the cinema on our first trip, and I wasn't sure we were allowed to be in there. We ended up leaving pretty quickly. :blush:

Glad to know it's open to guests.

Belle_0717
06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I thought they had eliminated the cinema part actually. Way back when I loved going into the cinema when you could watch the original Disney shorts on the big screen. Back then we had the penny arcade (didn't cost a penny but) it was a great break from a busy day of waiting on lines - way before fast pass!

DH and I will hunt it out in October - 133 days!

pittsburgh12
06-06-2008, 04:40 PM
A great place to relax and get out of the heat is Carousel of Progress. Not to mention it is one of the original attractions and is still a favorite of mine. Plus lines here are minimal and the attraction takes about 15-20 minutes so nice to see plus take a load off the feet.