PDA

View Full Version : Mid to End of May Crowds?

mrsHerbie53
05-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Hi everyone!
Has anyone recently returned that could say what the crowds have been like in the parks from the middle of May to the end?

We are thinking of going next year at this time.

Thanks!

emmatink
05-31-2008, 09:49 PM
We went for a short trip from May 17-21 and the crowds were not bad at all. We arrived at the parks right when they opened which helped alot. We were able to finish Fantasy Land in less than 2 hours which is wonderful with a toddler! We only waited about 15 minutes for characters at Toon Town, walked onto Goofy's Barnstormer ride. Pirates..maybe 10 min wait, didn't ride the roller coasters b/c I am pregnant but Space Mtn 15 min wait, Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn seemed like they had about a 30-45 min wait the longest lines I saw all day but if you got fast passes it would be okay. We arrived at Epcot early too Soarin and Test track 15 min wait every thing else pretty much walked on. Animal Kingdom not bad either. We didn't even have to arrive at the shows early to get in. The crowds are very manageable but it is hot and humid. I know that schools in the south which generally get out end of May are getting out beginning of June next year too so that should help with crowds too!

DisneyWhirled
05-31-2008, 10:53 PM
We were there from May 16-26 and I agree with emmatink about the crowds and waits. We did see an increase in crowds the Friday (5/23) of Memorial weekend. We expected an increase, but it was a little more than I remembered. There are a lot of locals that take the long weekend at WDW.

I still very much like this time of year!

kadesha
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I love going in May. The waits are minimal, every now and then you'll come across a ride with a long wait. EMH's are great during this time!! We could practically walk right on almost every ride! :thumbsup:

It does tend to get more crowded as memorial day approaches, but it wasn't so bad as to hinder our enjoyment of the parks!

Lynn J Mc
06-02-2008, 01:48 PM
We were there last year from May 20-26. The crowds were manageable. We used Fastpass a lot. The weather was great. The only warning I would give is make sure you make ADRs. Most days they put up a sign at MK that said all table service restaurants were full for the day.

alilprincessmom99
06-02-2008, 02:02 PM
My brother and his wife went last week, and they said the crowds were heavy, but nothing they couldn't work around. The pretty much got to do everything they wanted to do and then some. We typically go during this time of year, and the crowds are never really that bad.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-02-2008, 02:09 PM
We were there May 7-13, and crowds were a little heavier than we anticipated, based on posts here, but still manageable. Weather was not bad.

Tygger7
06-02-2008, 02:34 PM
We were there May 9-21, and crowds were great. The closer we got to Memorial Day, the heavier the crowds, but even then they were very manageable. The longest line we waited in was Soarin', and that was 40 minutes stand-by. On average, stand-by lines were 5-20 minutes and we only used Fastpasses a few times. Hands down, this is our favorite time to go.