PDA

View Full Version : We living our dream!!!!

MouseDAD74
05-31-2008, 05:27 PM
My wife and I have decided to pack up the family and move to Orlando so we can go work for the Happiest Company on earth :party:. We are planning on moving down in August. Are there any castmembers out there that can give us any tips on employment, or where to look for an apartment/condo/town house close to the parks?

DisneyWhirled
05-31-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say congrats to you and your family. That move is very much our dream.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you moving from? And what are the ages of your kids?

If we were to move, now would be the time to do it, b/c our kids still young (5 & 9). We are from Maine, so it would be a big move.

Congrats again and please keep posted!!!

WDWdriver
05-31-2008, 11:40 PM
You can follow the adventures of Karyn, a newly hired CM here: http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=129583]

MouseDAD74
06-01-2008, 09:26 AM
We have four children and one on the way.:blush: Our oldest is 14, which sounds a little too old to move especially after just completing her freshman year.
She is very mature and has always wanted to become a vet., and the University of Florida has a great Veterinary Program. She also dreams of working at Animal Kingdom. The rest of our children are 11, 5, and 1. We currently live in South Carolina, so we're really just moving down the road. We love the time we spend at Disney with our family and it is our dream to be a part of that for other families. My encouragement to you would be that we only have one life to live on this Earth - spend it well. We are committed to living ours in the service of others - and there is no better place than Disney! Good luck with your decision!:mickey:

joanna71985
06-01-2008, 11:36 AM
We have four children and one on the way.:blush: Our oldest is 14, which sounds a little too old to move especially after just completing her freshman year.
She is very mature and has always wanted to become a vet., and the University of Florida has a great Veterinary Program. She also dreams of working at Animal Kingdom. The rest of our children are 11, 5, and 1. We currently live in South Carolina, so we're really just moving down the road. We love the time we spend at Disney with our family and it is our dream to be a part of that for other families. My encouragement to you would be that we only have one life to live on this Earth - spend it well. We are committed to living ours in the service of others - and there is no better place than Disney! Good luck with your decision!:mickey:

Good luck!!