PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining

Babs9910
05-31-2008, 11:26 AM
:mickey: Hello, I was wondering if anyone heard any rumors if Disney was going to bring back the tip and appetizier back to the Dining Plan.

KineGirl
05-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Id love to hear that rumor! But I have not. :(

That would be a great rumor! :eat: It would be even better if it were true. I wish they would let the guest have the ability to decide whether they want appetizer OR dessert. Im really not much of a dessert eater but I really enjoy an appetizer. On my next trip in July, my whole family is going so I opted for the DDP since we will be going at a slower pace but on the trip my DD and I are taking in Oct we are not doing the DDP but rather hitting the kiosks at F&W fest ithe trip instead - we just didnt want to sit down so much and really dont want all those desserts with everything else that being offered in the World at that time.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-31-2008, 12:57 PM
I have not heard anything but that would be great. From people I have talked to and things I have read is that the tipping is the biggest problem. I have heard about waiters asking how much tip do I need to apply and other horror stories. I plan on taking cash so I do not have to deal with this. If they ask me I plan on tipping I'll be saying I have cash and it depends on your performance!

Young@Heart
05-31-2008, 01:16 PM
I haven't heard this. I wonder how the tips are working w/ the new plan, and if CM's are making out ahead or behind w/out tips included.

TheRustyScupper
05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
1) I am sure the DDP will remain as-is.
2) A lady I know who is "connected" said the new DDP is great for WDW.
. . . less funds outlay, since no $1.80 appy or 18% tip cost
. . . more table turns, as people are done quicker without an appy
. . . about 27% more profit, since appys and tip we excluded

Natazu
05-31-2008, 11:52 PM
All I can say is email guest relations and tell them how you feel about the dining plan.

Marceline
06-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I wish they would let the guest have the ability to decide whether they want appetizer OR dessert. Im really not much of a dessert eater but I really enjoy an appetizer.

I completely agree. A decadent dessert with EVERY meal is just toooo much sugar for me. I would much prefer something savory. Plus there are so many desserty things available all throughout the parks, having something sweet with dinner leaves no room for those goodies at all.

I did have the DDP requested but had Melissa for MJ remove it when she informed me of the no app. bit. Just doesn't seem like a value for us if I don't even want a dessert. We are just going out of pocket this time, see how we come out in the end.