PDA

View Full Version : Capn' Jacks

PetefromRI
05-31-2008, 09:30 AM
We've got on board the free dining in September and we've made ADR's for Capn' Jacks.We're going to La Nouba at 6:00 and we figured that we'd stay in DTD after the show for dinner.Is this place really any good and I'm really wondering if the twin lobster tails are included on the dining plan?

Ropachs
05-31-2008, 11:15 AM
I can't help much as we've never eaten there, however, we are going to go next time on the advice of our travel agent. She raved about it, how nice it was to be on the water and that her grandson loved it - which was key for us since our son is about the same age. At least you know one family did enjoy it!

mickeytravel
05-31-2008, 03:59 PM
i have eaten there on our last trip. I was not impressed. It wasn't anything like a disney rest. Very basic menu, run down looking. The best thing was that the lobster tails were included in the DP. I would not choose this again though.

Natazu
05-31-2008, 11:55 PM
The food at Jack's is good but the menu is very limited. They have a great chowder, awesome pot roast, and the twin lobster tails are available on the DDP.

cal5755
06-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Our family loves this restaurant... DD8 and DD5 insisted we make ADR's again for next trip. Twin Lobster tails are included on the menu like the posters above stated. We found the food very yummy... DH loved the steak and LT..... the chowder was excellent. My DD's loved the kids meals and especially the dirt and worm dessert. DS - 12 loves this one too because of the steak and tails dinner... the only thing he didn't like was the Key Lime Pie they had for dessert (i thought it tasted good but I think he was thinking it would taste more like the yogurt we get at home). All 3 kids love that it has water views too....

DH rates this at 4 1/2 out of 5 stars
I would give it 4 out of 5 stars...

I think you will enjoy your meal... of course I am the type of person who thinks everything is worth trying once :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
06-01-2008, 11:12 AM
1) I think Captn Jacks is "good".
2) Not great, but not bad.

dyin tago
06-01-2008, 12:20 PM
we booked this spot for dinner this sept also.

my wife had the pot roast at boatwrights at por 2 yrs ago and she just loved it.

last yr they removed it from the menu and she was very disappointed. I noticed they have it at capn` jacks,hope It`s the same !:eat:

elmjimmlm
06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
We have this on our list this year...I have looked at the menus for both lunch and dinner...Which do you think are the better?

cal5755
06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
We have this on our list this year...I have looked at the menus for both lunch and dinner...Which do you think are the better?

We like dinner more than lunch in our family.

RockinRollerMom
06-02-2008, 09:43 AM
My family loves Capt. N. Jacks. When we stay at POFQ we take the boat ride to DtD and make a night of it. I think the location is perfect. It is so pretty jetting out over the lake.

DH and DD (6 and 7 at the time) are both very picky eaters and this is one of their favorite places. There are not of eclectic choices on the menu. Just your basic types of dishes. DH loves that. He is the type of guy that says," why did they have to ruin my steak by putting all of that stuff on top of it." He has gotten the chicken alfredo dish and loved it. DD loves the worms in dirt dessert. She also loves their mashed potatoes, which they easily substitued for f. fries for us. I have gotten the twin lobster tails (as previously said they are on the dining plan) and the shrimp pasta dish. Both were very good. For appetizers we have gotten the shrimp cocktail and the crab cakes which were both good.

I know this restaurant has gotten some iffy reviews in the past. I think it is definetly worth a try. My family has really liked it. Let us know what you think when you get back!