PDA

View Full Version : MK opening questions

Aggie97
05-30-2008, 09:16 PM
What happens at the MK when it opens in the morning as far as an opening ceremony, characters, entertainment on Main Street USA, etc.?

I know WDW will be much hotter and more crowded in June than we're used to from our previous visits in the fall and winter months, so we likely will get to MK first-thing in the morning.

I've also heard a bit about singing on the trolley? Is this something that occurs right when the park opens?

I really appreciate any information you can provide! :mickey:

joelkfla
05-31-2008, 12:01 AM
There's a little song and dance about twelve minutes before opening, up on the Main Street train station facing out towards the entrance (above the floral Mickey face.) Mickey and the other characters arrive with the dancers on their daily commute from Toontown, and they get off and dance around a bit, after the mayor or fire chief of Main Street greets all the guests. On EMH mornings, I think an abbreviated show is performed at EMH opening only.

The Trolley Show is a separate event that happens about 3 times a morning. The trolley heads down Main Street from the Castle with the dancers aboard, and at three show stops the dancers pile off and dance in the street. I really love this little show; it's quintessential Disney! Current show times are 9:20 am, 10:15 am, and 11 am.

The Dapper Dans also perform several shows each morning on Main Street.

Young@Heart
05-31-2008, 10:30 AM
How have we always missed this? We've been there at park opening a few times, but always EMH mornings. Then we head straight toward fantasyland. Do we have to come back at 9am to see it, or would they be doing this when they open at 8? :confused:

Aggie97
05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
There's a little song and dance about twelve minutes before opening, up on the Main Street train station facing out towards the entrance (above the floral Mickey face.) Mickey and the other characters arrive with the dancers on their daily commute from Toontown, and they get off and dance around a bit, after the mayor or fire chief of Main Street greets all the guests. On EMH mornings, I think an abbreviated show is performed at EMH opening only.

The Trolley Show is a separate event that happens about 3 times a morning. The trolley heads down Main Street from the Castle with the dancers aboard, and at three show stops the dancers pile off and dance in the street. I really love this little show; it's quintessential Disney! Current show times are 9:20 am, 10:15 am, and 11 am.

The Dapper Dans also perform several shows each morning on Main Street.

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed. :mickey:

joelkfla
05-31-2008, 07:53 PM
How have we always missed this? We've been there at park opening a few times, but always EMH mornings. Then we head straight toward fantasyland. Do we have to come back at 9am to see it, or would they be doing this when they open at 8? :confused:
I don't think it's performed at all on EMH mornings -- at least it's not on the internal entertainment schedule.

The schedule does show a welcome 5 minutes before EMH opening, but I've never seen that one. It may be just a welcoming speech.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-31-2008, 08:09 PM
The trolley show is every morning, regardless of EMH. It travels from the Castle hub and works backwards to MS.

There are also Streetmosphere in the morning, including the Citizens of Main Street. On Tuesdays and Thursdays they have a little skit in the morning.

Mayor Weaver has been out for some time though.

The characters also walk people from the entrance and will ride with one family on their respective rides.

stitcherbelle
06-10-2008, 12:01 PM
I have been there when it opens! As soon as it opens they have singing in front and on the train! So a lot of the characters come out and then they open the gates it is really neat to see! :cool:

alilprincessmom99
06-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Just like the others have explained, it is a show that happens at the train statio with all of the characters and the dancers and singers. It is a really cute little show, and it really gets you excited for what's to come!

Mousemates
06-10-2008, 03:12 PM
:ditto:

It helps you reach complete disney saturation upon entry to the park..I don't think we've ever missed an opening.

Aggie97
06-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks, everyone!

We're heading to WDW tomorrow... can't wait!! :mickey: