PDA

View Full Version : CBR best standard room "island"

GabbyJacobsmom
05-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Our first time staying at CBR and have no clue about "island" locations. We paid for a "standard" room but would like to request a good location. Can you tell me from your experience which standard "island" location you enjoyed the best and why? Thank you in advance for taking time to respond.

Stefani

:rocks:

PetefromRI
05-31-2008, 09:47 AM
I think that the best standard Island would have to be Aruba or Jamaica.It's right across the bridge to Caribbean Cay and Olde Port Royale.This is a large resort so you will be doing some walking but it's really beautiful.I'd go with a preferred room but if not then I'd stay at either of these 2 islands.The bus service seems to be alittle iffy and I noticed that the CBR bus depots at the parks are some of the furthest out but other than that it's one of our favorites!

Momof2boys
05-31-2008, 09:54 AM
A few years ago we stayed at CBR for 3 nights before transferring to the Poly for the remainder of our trip and was given Trinidad South as a location. We thought it was going to be too out of the way, but the walk to the main pool and Old Port Royale was nice right along the river, and we really felt like we in our own world. The bus stop was close to our building and we never had an issue with the busses being full.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
05-31-2008, 08:48 PM
We've stayed at both Trinidad South (Bldg 39)and Trinidad North(Preferred Location).

If not going with a preferred room location, I also would recommend either Aruba or Jamaica. They are both centrally located and, of more importance in my opinion, enjoy nice spots on the park bus pick-up and drop off route. There is definitely an advantage to being one of the first stops in such a large resort, if you like having a seat that is!

We love the CBR, enjoy your trip!:mickey:

CleveRocks
05-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Aruba or Jamaica. They are both centrally located and, of more importance in my opinion, enjoy nice spots on the park bus pick-up and drop off route. There is definitely an advantage to being one of the first stops in such a large resort, if you like having a seat that is!
Buses to/from Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney start at Martinique, and then go clockwise to Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then finally Barbados before going on to the final destination.

Buses to/from Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom start at Jamaica, and then go clockwise to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and then finally Trinidad South before going to the specific park.

Mousemates
05-31-2008, 11:35 PM
I think it will depend on when your going and if you plan on using the pool, since the themed pool is undergoing a rehab until September...thus one of the primary reasons to be near Port Royale is kind of out of the reasoning til then.

Mousemates
05-31-2008, 11:36 PM
I think it will depend on when your going and if you plan on using the pool, since the themed pool is undergoing a rehab until September...thus one of the primary reasons to be near Port Royale is kind of out of the reasoning til then....btw we'll be there in late June while the rehab is still ongoing, and since the pool is out of commission we've not been quite as focused on getting close to that area.

Nate's Grandpa
06-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Aruba - building 56.

We have stayed there once, but we will stay again and ask for this location. I think the room number was 5608? (A corner room with 2 windows)

It was a short walk across the bridge to get to the food court. The bus stop was about 50 feet from our room. We parked about 10 feet from our room. -- Perfect location for us.

BronxTigger
06-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I stayed at CBR once. (So far...I'll definitely stay there again at some point!) I requested either Aruba or Jamaica and I got a room in Aruba building 53 on the first floor. You can also request Martinique; only 3 of the 6 buildings in Martinique are preferred.

Barbados and Trinidad South are the farthest from OPR, which is home to the food court, gift shop, and pool. CBR's check in is not at OPR; it's across from Barbados.

Something else to consider is that CBR does not have elevators, so if you get 2nd floor you will need to climb stairs.

brewcrew26
06-01-2008, 09:43 PM
We booked a standard room but sent in a request fax a few days before. They ended up putting us in Trinidad North. It was very nice. We maybe walked about five minutes to Old Port Royale and less than two minutes to the bus stop.

The buses were rarely full when they got to us, but it looks like you're going in December so you might have bigger crowds to deal with. We found a lot of people having to wait for several buses at Trinidad South, especially for MK on some mornings.

I've read that Aruba and Jamaica are very nice and they're just a short walk away from most everything at OPR via the bridge. I don't know if you can really go wrong with any of the islands if you're traveling sans kids and lots of bags to and from the parks.

lockedoutlogic
06-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Jamaica 45....

realize with the "preferred" category....if you have a standard room booked, most of the locations that will be suggested to you fall under that "preferred" category and therefore won't be available to you...

disneyfankev
06-02-2008, 01:23 PM
trinadad north was very good

mickeys_princess_mom
06-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Just got back a few weeks ago. Booked a standard room, but called the day before and asked very nicely to be close to Old Port Royale and bus stop and was put in Martinique. Ideal!
Great location for us, plus close to pool, and out of sight of the main one being rehabbed.
You'll love this hotel!