PDA

View Full Version : I could use some pixie dust

Piglet822
05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
And this time it's for me :(
Almost 2 weeks ago my left knee started to hurt really bad. I figured I pulled a muscle or something because I had been doing some walking on sand and a dirt driveway. Well, it didn't stop after a few days so I finally called the doctor.
I went today and he gave me a steroid shot in the knee to see if it would help the pain. He mentioned that it might be a tear in the miniscus (sp?) and that only an MRI would tell. I'm supposed to call him in a few days if the pain doesn't go away.
Well, just a few minutes ago I had a sharp pain radiate thru my knee (this is what's been happening) that brought tears to my eyes. I'm really hoping the shot he gave me today works so if y'all can spare a little extra pixie dust I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks.

MauiMouse
05-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Oh man Jeanne, I'm sorry to hear about this. Sending you some major healing pixie dust. :pixie: We need you healthy for when I see you next time. ;) Take care my friend. I'll be thinking about you. :hug:

RedSoxFan
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:Sending you NY pixie dust.

SgtTigger
05-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Plenty of dust from us Jeanne......

Would you like me to send you some FISH?????

That should help right?????

:eyes:

:trio:

:cop: :tigger:

ElenitaB
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey, Bret... do those fish have eyes?

Jeanne, here's a whole bunch of :pixie: and :hug: for you! I hope the shot does the trick!

disneydeb
05-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Jeanne
I hope you feel better soon.

Queen Stephanie
05-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Jeanne: Bibbitybobbityboo! Wishing good health to you! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh Man, do I know all about knee problems!:(

I am sorry you are dealing with a possible injury and pain. A torn meniscus was one of my many problems that was corrected my first knee surgery. (I just had my fourth knee surgery last month, much worse of a problem).
The MRI was inconclusive so, my surgeon went on the area of pain and his experience. I agreed to the scope and sure enough I had a tear.
Injections in the knee can take a couple of days to provide relief. I hope you can get some. Also, my surgeon always has me take it pretty easy anytime he has had to give me any kind of shots.
Keep us posted! I hope you are feeling better. Remember, ice is a knee's best friend!;)

Here we go again...
05-31-2008, 12:24 AM
You know Jeanne, when you get old these things just happen..... ;)

Sorry to hear about the knee... I know how bad it is. You really need to take it easy. If there is a tear then you are looking at surgery... a tear can not heal on its own. The good thing is that the surgery is not oo bad now. I was able to return to work 10 days after my last miniscus tear.

The bad thing... once you get a tear they seem to keep coming. You will need to be careful and really pay attention when you climb stairs (that is how I got my 2nd tear) and walk on uneven ground. Those bus stairs are not going to be your friend. :(

Here is some :pixie: for you... I hope the MRI shows nothing. You should start feeling a little better by tomorrow. Those shots will take a day or 2 to really give you relief.

Hopefully you will be back to :trio: in no time. :D

MsMin
05-31-2008, 12:46 AM
You know Jeanne, when you get old these things just happen..... ;)

Sorry to hear about the knee... I know how bad it is. You really need to take it easy. If there is a tear then you are looking at surgery... a tear can not heal on its own. The good thing is that the surgery is not oo bad now. I was able to return to work 10 days after my last miniscus tear.

The bad thing... once you get a tear they seem to keep coming. You will need to be careful and really pay attention when you climb stairs (that is how I got my 2nd tear) and walk on uneven ground. Those bus stairs are not going to be your friend.

Here is some :pixie: for you... I hope the MRI shows nothing. You should start feeling a little better by tomorrow. Those shots will take a day or 2 to really give you relief.

Hopefully you will be back to :trio: in no time.

Does this mean I'm the younger one b/c my knee is still holding??? :fresh:
Angel aren't you little miss sunshine... I bet Jeanne feels loads better after that post...
Jeanne sending tons of :pixie: ;) you know how we spread :pixie: where ever we go.
Hope that knee gets better fast. take care of yourself :hug:

tinkerbellybutton
05-31-2008, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your knee, I'm sending out lots of healing pixie dust :pixie: :pixie: I hope you start to get relief from the shot soon.

dlpmikki
05-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Lots of :pixie: and :hug: from across the pond. Hope the injection starts to work and you won't need surgery.

pogo
05-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Usually the shot makes me feel worse in the morning ! Oops.... wrong kind of shot ! :(

Here's some :pixie: from the North Coast ! :D

weswerx
05-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your pain. :pixie: on the way.
I hope the shot helps and that you don't need any surgery. So, please take it easy:hug::piglet:

DisFan01
05-31-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll be praying for you... :)

DisneyWhirled
05-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Hope you are feeling better really soon! Prayers and pixie dust on its way!

Jeff
05-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Knee problems. Yikes! I do sympathize Jeanne.
I hope the shot takes care of it for you.

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry for your pain Jeanne. Healing :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way. I hope the pain goes away very soon and it's nothing serious.

Piglet822
05-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Plenty of dust from us Jeanne......

Would you like me to send you some FISH?????

That should help right?????

:eyes:

:trio:

:cop: :tigger:

Um, fish? No. Thank you anyway ;)

The knee started hurting again last night :( so I'm hoping that this shot will work it's miracle soon - I don't look forward to possible surgery and time off of work (can't afford it, who can?)
Thanks for the pixie dust and good wishes, everyone. I'll keep y'all posted.

Beast_fanatic
05-31-2008, 05:17 PM
:pixie: heading your way!

AHOTE
06-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I know what you're going through. I can generally handle a lot of pain but when I broke my knee and damaged the miniscus it was the worst but you already know that. You have my hopes and prayers for a good outcome and a speedy recovery, not to mention the :pixie::pixie::pixie: I waited 17 days to get the surgeon I wanted but it was worth it. I'm not sure of your relationship with the doctor who is treating you but I'd recommend a second opinion, it could make a difference. My rehab took only half the time and I've had no residual pain and I have a titanium plate and four screws holding everything together. I also hope you employer has short term & long term disability insurance it's something to check into.

Piglet822
06-01-2008, 01:22 AM
I like my doctor and I trust him so no problems there, thank goodness.
I do have disability thru the job plus accrued sick time but hopefully it won't come to that :fingers:

JMTStone
06-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Jeanne,
I've had knee surgery before and can tell you its pretty easy to overcome. I'm glad you trust your Dr.

I'm hoping for the best!!! Here's some wishes for you :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your knee, Jeanne. I hope you get some relief soon from that shot. Fingers crossed for you that this can be a quick fix, but if not I hope your doctor can help you. :hug:

wdwgrl377
06-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh Jeanne, I am so sorry to hear about your knee. Here is some much needed :pixie:for your knee. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Until then, you're in my thoughts and prayers for all to work out and for your knee to feel so much better!

Many :hug: to you!

BrerGnat
06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Some more pixie dust for you Jeanne! :pixie:

I hope you are feeling better soon and that there is nothing seriously wrong with your knee. My sister has had knee trouble her whole life and finally had surgery last year after dealing with knee pain forever. I hope you don't need surgery. :(