PDA

View Full Version : December 09

OhToodles!
05-30-2008, 02:03 PM
What do you think is a better time to go and possibly get into BWV?
We were originally thinking about going Dec 6-12, but are also considering 13-19. (Remember this is for 2009.) So any advice or opinions one way or another?
Also, just as a side note, we won't mind staying at our home resort either, but thought being near Epcot and seeing the decorations at Christmas on the Boardwalk would be neat.

Thanks everyone!

lockedoutlogic
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
it will be difficult to get a non-home resort reservation in December for any villa site other than probably OKW and Saratoga....

the actual days probably aren't going to matter too much....big DVC month....

especially for those who want to want to go do the "disney christmas" thing...then scurry back to the northeast to do "normal christmas"

the advice i would give is to go closer to thanksgiving...perhaps you'll get sucked up by the vacuum that usually dumps out the resorts right after thanksgiving...

rmfreder
05-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I just booked a DVC stay for Dec 12-20, 2008 at my home resort (BCV). We had hoped to visit WDW Dec 4-12 and stay at WLV; when the 7 month booking window opened up, I called immediately when DVC Member Services opened up for the day only to find out there was limited availability during that week and absolutely no availability the evening of Dec 7. We'd visited WDW in December previously on our DVC points and did not have any trouble making ressies at our non-home resort.

To make a long story short, if you have specific dates you are after, book at your home resort when the 11 month window opens and then wait list for Boardwalk. I've learned a lesson at how important that booking window is!:mickey:

Sunshine1010
05-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I switched over from SSR to OKW at my 7 month window (day by day), and December 7th was the ONLY day that we had to be waitlisted for. They stated that OKW AND SSR were booked up. What's going on that day? TWO Member Service reps told me that they'd never seen 1 day totally booked up for DVC before.

lockedoutlogic
05-30-2008, 05:00 PM
I switched over from SSR to OKW at my 7 month window (day by day), and December 7th was the ONLY day that we had to be waitlisted for. They stated that OKW AND SSR were booked up. What's going on that day? TWO Member Service reps told me that they'd never seen 1 day totally booked up for DVC before.

i have no clue....christmas parade taping?

that's the only think i can think....especially if Hannah Montana is there:party:

Sunshine1010
05-30-2008, 05:06 PM
December 7th is a Sunday....isn't the parade on a Saturday?

The rep told me that the 6th has availability all over the DVC resorts, but not the 7th.

Perhaps everyone is coming in the day AFTER the parade????????

lockedoutlogic
05-30-2008, 07:33 PM
December 7th is a Sunday....isn't the parade on a Saturday?

The rep told me that the 6th has availability all over the DVC resorts, but not the 7th.

Perhaps everyone is coming in the day AFTER the parade????????

that was just a guess......i don't think a parade taping has ever jammed the resorts

Sunshine1010
05-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Hhhmmmmm.....

Oh well --- I'm just happy I'll be there. But I sure hope that I don't have to switch resorts for ONE DAY while I'm there. That would be a true bummer.

dlpmikki
05-31-2008, 06:28 AM
The first two weeks of December are busier than the last two weeks for DVC folk because of the cheaper points and the Annual meeting. I would say you would have a better chance of your second dates for that reason.