PDA

View Full Version : how is carousel of progress doing?

dyin tago
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
we return this sept for trip number 5 and hope the cop is still running.
sure,It`s dated but still a walt disney classic!:mickey:

ibrowse17
05-30-2008, 02:10 PM
CoP is a classic for us as well. It was up and running, with a good crowd, on our last trip in Feb. Hope you have a great trip:thumbsup:

DisneyCouture
05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
I was hoping to find out about this as well. It is one of my absolute favorite rides.

oliver&bianca
05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
We are going in June and I am sooo looking forward to the CoP. I luv the song. My boys, 8 and 12, even like that ride. It is a nice change of pace for when we are all getting hot and would like a nice relaxing moment, and we get it at the CoP.

MuchLovedMama
05-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I love the ride too. It give us a nice little cool break with an awesome show. I love the song also. :thumbsup:

Jasper
05-30-2008, 03:36 PM
It seems to have been pulled back from the edge of extinction but that can always change in a hurry. I have said it many times before but will continue to say it; the best way to keep CoP alive is to put behinds in the seats! Anytime you are in the Magic Kingdom make sure you visit it and drag everyone along with you that you can! Of course, that is still no guarantee that it will stay but it certainly does improve the chances that it will. If Disney doesn't see people standing in line to see it then they will find it much easier to pull the plug on it.

Dopey's Girl
05-30-2008, 04:19 PM
It was alive and well in April! :cloud9:

Actually we had a full theater (maybe 5-10 empty seats) and there was a line waiting to get in when we exited!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow....:rocker:

Magic Smiles
05-30-2008, 08:52 PM
We went earlier this month and I thought it was great. Apparently we watched it in 2000 on our first trip but I don't remember doing it then. I took me another 8 years to get DS and DH back in to see it again. We all enjoyed it this time.

Aggie97
05-30-2008, 08:59 PM
When we rode CoP in Feb. the theater was probably 80% full. I was really pleased to see that! :mickey:

Young@Heart
05-30-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm so embarrassed to say we've never done this. :blush:
But it's a MUST for our Aug. trip. I just wish the hours were different. It would be great to visit in the evening, when we return after ADR's. Why do they close it so early? :confused:

Wrigley
05-31-2008, 10:46 PM
This is one of my favorite attractions-not quite sure why, but it is!!! I sure hope this attraction is around for a long time. That song just sticks in my head for the whole day! It's also nice when it's sooo darn hot out to get into a nice air conditioned attraction!:mickey:

Laughin' place
06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
I, and two of my four boys, love this classic. We rode twice this month, but the audience was pretty small (only about 15 people each time)

Mad About Mickey
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Wow, I haven't been on this ride since the early 90's. We keep meaning to go but either there hasn't been enough time or it's been closed. Hopefully it's open when we go in Dec, I loved the ride as a kid and 3 out of our 4 children have never been on :(. It is a must see this time, especially since they changed the song.

Main Street Jim
06-23-2008, 07:29 PM
I just got done riding CoP about ten minutes ago :D And the seats were about 3/4 full! Pretty good crowd, but the line for Buzz Lightyear's meet 'n greet in the holding area outside was still longer than the queue for CoP...:\

browneyedgirl12
06-23-2008, 09:50 PM
This is one of my favorite rides as well. I would be devestated if they closed it, but I'm glad to here that it is doing well.:mickey:

WDWFREAK101
06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm upset that there are even RUMORS!!! I LOVE this attraction and it is a Walt Disney classic. This doesn't deserve to go because this was WALT'S idea it was HIS attraction. HIS spirit is inside it. Why must Walt Disney World (Created by him) be turned into Pixar Land and other stuff? Every attraction that Walt personally advised has been under refurbishment so the spirit isn't there anymore. Turning a Walt classic into some Incredibles attraction is an AWFUL idea. COP is what Tommorow Land is about! Sure Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear are all futureistic in their own way but COP is all about where we came from and where we are GOING into the future! Why must all classic Disney inspired attractions must be tossed out in Disney? I'm still holding out for COP. Each time I go I'm lucky enough to expierience it and then come back later to find out that it is closed. Come on Disney! PLEASE DON'T CLOSE IT DOWN!!!

GrmGrninGost
06-23-2008, 10:19 PM
DW and I love this ride! I hope it's there for many years to come! We always ride it at least once (usually more) each trip to MK! :mickey:

wmdaddy
06-24-2008, 08:46 AM
From everything I've read and heard, Walt insisted that Cop never be closed down. It was the only attraction he was adament about. Clearly, if Disney were going to go against his wishes, they would have done it by now.

Although not a hugley popular attraction, Disney purists would be infuriated if it was ever removed.

tinkerbellybutton
06-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Our last trip I took DS to MK for a day for just the two of us and told him we would do whatever he wanted, he chose to ride COP 3 times. He'd be devastated if they got rid of it. :sob:
Of course DD and DSIL have memorized the song and sing along. (quietly thank goodness) They couldn't carry a tune with a covered bucket.

pittsburgh12
06-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Was there in May and it was running. One of my favorite rides in MK just because of the nostalgia. Plus its a nice little break from the heat and all the walking around.

bruin1344
06-24-2008, 01:06 PM
i like the ride because there is no wait and its relaxing

Von-Drake
06-24-2008, 02:01 PM
We make an effort to ride this every time we go. It was one of my grandparent's favorites, so it brings back good memories. Our 5 year old son, loves the dog.

1stitch
06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
We went in March, no one there except the 8 of us. :blush:

MrPeetrie
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
It was DD4's favorite ride and we rode it three times last October!!!

Crow
06-25-2008, 09:48 PM
its still ticking for now....
ill ride it in Sept.

Camping Mom
06-25-2008, 10:35 PM
My family likes it because it is cool and they can take a quick nap. I LOVE it because it shows history and how things have changed. I really like the old timey portions.

offero
07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
While watching Tv last night I had a brain fart that I told my wife might be a great revival for COP. To replace/update the cast from the ride and replace the family with the family from Everybody Loves Raymond. The father is Ray and the Mother is Deborah, you can replace the grand parents with Ray's parents, though sadly Peter Boyle passed. You could even replace the son with Robert or make Robert cousin Orville. It might be the kick the ride needs to keep it going longer.

Mousemates
07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
We rode it last Friday....so hopefully there will still "be a great big beautiful tomorrow at the end" of your Disney day when you visit.

By the way the ride still goes from uncomfortably warm in the first room (I.e the room with outdoor access) to rather chilly in the back.

minnesotafreeze
07-20-2008, 08:35 PM
My wife would be very sad if this classic closes. It is one of her favorite rides.