PDA

View Full Version : What's the funniest thing you ever witnessed at a disney park?

LizLovesDiz
05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
We were walking in Epcot,and saw a boy probably around six or seven pushing his Mom in the stroller,we thought that was classic!!! :funny:

Tygger7
05-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Okay, please don't think I'm a terrible person. You know how you see something that you know you really shouldn't laugh at, but you just can't help it? This is one of those...

In 2001, we were in Epcot, walking up to the entrance of The Land. As most of you know, it's a pretty steep incline up to the doors, and there are 2 paths that merge into one at the top. We were 3/4 of the way up the right path when all at once, we heard a woman yelling "Whoa!!! Catch Grandma!". We looked to our left, and this poor woman is in a wheel chair, rolling increasing quickly down the left path. Her grandson (looked to be about 7-8 years old) is running for his life, trying to catch & stop her. Mom is right behind him, screaming, "I told you not to let go!". Luckily, people walking up the left path realized she was out of control and were able to safely stop her. (And if she had been harmed in any way, I wouldn't have posted about it.) To this day, my mom laughs about "grandma getting loose", and says she'll never let us push her around in a wheel chair. :blush:

Tinkerfreak
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Okay, please don't think I'm a terrible person. You know how you see something that you know you really shouldn't laugh at, but you just can't help it? This is one of those...

In 2001, we were in Epcot, walking up to the entrance of The Land. As most of you know, it's a pretty steep incline up to the doors, and there are 2 paths that merge into one at the top. We were 3/4 of the way up the right path when all at once, we heard a woman yelling "Whoa!!! Catch Grandma!". We looked to our left, and this poor woman is in a wheel chair, rolling increasing quickly down the left path. Her grandson (looked to be about 7-8 years old) is running for his life, trying to catch & stop her. Mom is right behind him, screaming, "I told you not to let go!". Luckily, people walking up the left path realized she was out of control and were able to safely stop her. (And if she had been harmed in any way, I wouldn't have posted about it.) To this day, my mom laughs about "grandma getting loose", and says she'll never let us push her around in a wheel chair. :blush:

:funny::rotfl:
I'm glad she didn't get hurt. That must have been really funny.

elmjimmlm
05-30-2008, 01:47 PM
We were walking in Epcot,and saw a boy probably around six or seven pushing his Mom in the stroller,we thought that was classic!!! :funny:

I had thought about having my kids push me around but I didnt want to not have a story of it posted on here...:blush:

TinkRocks
05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I think some of the funniest experiences I've seen are from costumed characters.

One time, I was sat on a bench in MK's Town Square waiting for Spectromagic. A lot of people were exiting the park and, naturally, you wouldn't expect them to look to their right or left when they're exiting (they're usually heading straight for the turnstiles).

Anyhoo - I was sat facing where Spectromagic would enter into Town Square from the Car Barn area, next to the Hair Salon / Barber Shop place (next to Emporium). King Louis (from Jungle Book) was hanging out in the area, but not in the middle of the crowds that were walking down Main Street. It's weird - kids usually run up to characters, but everyone seemed to keep missing him. Everytime a family walked by, King Louis would wave, and then act all sad or shrug his shoulders if they didn't acknowledge him. It wasn't as though he was just stood there - he was monkeying around, waving, and even dancing! He had me laughing, and he blew me a kiss when it was his time to leave.

Another time, I was in the character meet and greet in Epcot's Electric Umbrella area. It was towards the end of the night, so the place was empty - I think there was only 1 family and myself interacting with the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip, & Dale). It was awesome! Instead of a quick hi and a hug like you get during the day, the characters were really playful and spent time taking lots of different pics with us all.

Chip and Dale had me in hysterics - Chip took my camera at one point and was taking pics of me and then taking pics of me & him, and then acted like he was a guest and took pics of the other guests and also the characters. Dale was equally as mischievous - he was playing tag with the too young kids from the family - they got a real kick out of it.

It's those unexpected little pieces of magic that really warm the heart and make you enjoy the moment and put a smile on your face!

disneymom15
05-30-2008, 02:42 PM
My funny story is something I heard. My SIL wouldn't go on Test Track, her reason was "It goes faster than 55 miles per hour and that's speeding and she'd be breaking the law"

Mrs.Mickey
05-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok I have two because I can't decide which is better. My family was going to epcot and when we first walked in the entrance a man in a cowboy hat was staring at, well what everyone stares at when they first go into epcot. Anyway so he looks at me and says, " That there is a big ole'ball." I almost died laughing. the second story was a mgm where the giant coke bottle is, and if you open the cooler it shoots water at you. So my brothers and I sent my mother over there and she got squirted with water. THen as we are walking past another family. (obviously from britain) They said "Did you just see what those silly yanks did to thier mom? I just liked being called a silly yank.

cal5755
05-30-2008, 08:38 PM

I would have laughed too :blush: I laughed just reading your post....once my DD (4 at the time) was in our driveway trying to get in the stroller we had for our younger DD... it was an old fashion stroller, one of those big bassinet type... Well she got herself in and gave enough momentum that the stroller started going down the driveway.... I ran in horror chasing her down the driveway across the street where she came to a stop at the curb.... THANK goodness our street is not busy... as soon as I knew she was ok me, mom and dh all were hysterically laughing...the sight of the stroller going and going and me chasing it... and DD stands up in the stroller and says "mommy can i do it again that was fun"

I can't think of anything offhand that I found overly funny in WDW... I will be sure to post back if I think of something... it has been fun reading these though!!

illini
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm am dying about "That there is a big ol' ball!" Classic.

We had just been to Toon Town one morning and watched Chip & Dale making mayhem in Minnie's kitchen. We immediately went to Chef Mickey's. The kids had to tattle to Minnie. She chased Chip across the room and TACKLED him. Dale rushed over and joined the fun, lifting Minnie's skirt at one point.

Obviously this was a while back. I miss Chip & Dale at CMs!

DisneyAndRedSox
05-30-2008, 09:04 PM
This happened January 2006, this one I wish I had a camcorder....

We were getting soft serve ice cream at Mrs Potts in Fantasyland, and people who just got their orders kept coming back saying they needed a new cone since they were attacked by seagulls. My Mom got her order before me and sure enough, a minute later she was back for a new cone claiming to be attacked by a seagull. She walked away with her new cone and it happened again, a seagull swooped down trying to get the ice cream and made a mess of it. People were buying their ice cream and running like crazy to get to the other side of the walkway where the tables are, shielding their cones from the birds. Finally all of us in our party made it safely to our table with our soft serve and we spent the next half hour watching the sea gulls dive-bombing people with ice cream cones (I felt bad for the people, but it was really funny to see the looks on their faces.) One poor woman was walking with an almost finished Mickey pop, a sea gull swooped from behind and took it out of her hand by the stick! Disney employees were going around like crazy cleaning up mounds of ice cream off the sidewalk and Mrs Potts was giving out more replacement cones than ones paid for!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-31-2008, 12:47 AM
This was 14 years ago in Epcot. My sis, who was pregnant at the time, was walking in front of my BIL and me. There was a seagull hovering above her as she opened her only granola bar (one of the few things she could eat) and once she got most of the wrapper off, he swooped down and took it right out of her hand! To say she was angry is an understatement. I only had time to yell her name before it swooped.

Just Keep Swimming
05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
This may not sound as funny in writing, but one time we were near Mrs. Potts Cupboard when a sudden downpore started. We ducked under the awning in front of Mrs. Potts Cupboard (I believe that's what it was). All of a sudden we see Winnie The Pooh come running full speed out of his meet and greet area with his "handler" holding a large plastic bag over Pooh's head! It just seemed so odd we couldn't stop laughing.

WhenUWishUponAStar*
05-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, it wasn't really at a park, but happened on the way to a park. We were getting on the bus at our resort and by the time we left it was standing room only. Everyone must have been tired because the bus was unusually quiet except for one little boy sitting in the front with his parents. He was maybe 4 or 5 and just the cutest little kid with glasses. Well after we pulled away from the resort the mom made him sit on her lap to free up a seat for someone and then another man offered his seat to a woman that was standing and before she had a chance to respond the little boy says (very loudly) "you can sit on my dad's lap!" Well the whole bus just burst out laughing. The woman laughed and told him " I don't think your mommy would be too happy about that". To which he replied "she won't care!" I don't think we'll ever forget that little guy... he was just too cute!

brewcrew26
06-01-2008, 07:56 AM
This was over ten years ago, but my brother and I were sitting in Frontierland by the Turkey Leg wagon. We noticed a family getting legs for their son and daughter.

I guess the boy, who appeared a little older than the girl, was bugging her...y'know how older brothers can be. Well, the mom and dad hand a leg to the daughter first and then they turn their backs to pay the CM.

Out of nowhere the girl hauls off and whacks her brother with the turkey leg and just starts eating like nothing was wrong. The boy's got oil and fat dripping from his cheek. When his parents turn back around they're like, "<insert kids name here> Are you OK? What happened to you?" He was all dazed and confused.

As a little sister, I couldn't help but giggle and feel inside, "you go with that turkey leg, girl!"

jrpersinger
06-01-2008, 08:27 AM
After Epcot closed one night, we were at TTC waiting on the SOG bus. There were alot of people there too. My nephew and BIL decide they are going to sword fight. At first they were Capt Hook and Peter Pan, but kept switching characters. My nephew was even fighting with one hand to do his best as Capt Hook. The are both very dramatic. My BIL and sister are both from theater/drama and sang in the KY Opera for years. So, to say the least, seeing them acting silly like this is normal to us. Half our group had already made it back to the room, so it left those two, me, my DH and 2 kids and my brother and his wife. We were all sitting there about to knock over when we heard everyone start clapping. We look up to see my nephew laying on the ground playing dead. Right at the time we looked around, he jumped up and took a bow. So did my BIL. Everyone was clapping and yelling for them. This went on a good 20 min (until the next bus came)! They had people from other bus stops coming over to watching them. The longer it went on, the bigger the crowd. And everytime my nephew would play dead, you would see him open his one eye to see how many people were clapping. It was priceless. They actually had people come up and tell them that they gave the characters and performers in the park a run for their money.

mrsgaribaldi
06-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Waiting on the tram in the MK parking lot, there was an older, bald man walking towards it dressed as the Tooth Fairy. It was the funniest costume I have ever seen. Naturally, this was a night of a MNSSHP.:mickey:

AHOTE
06-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Okay, please don't think I'm a terrible person. You know how you see something that you know you really shouldn't laugh at, but you just can't help it? This is one of those... "Whoa!!! Catch Grandma!". :blush:

:thanks: That really made my day, and no your not a terrible person...:funny: :rotfl:

Bethis26fan
06-01-2008, 05:47 PM
This was over ten years ago, but my brother and I were sitting in Frontierland by the Turkey Leg wagon. We noticed a family getting legs for their son and daughter.

I guess the boy, who appeared a little older than the girl, was bugging her...y'know how older brothers can be. Well, the mom and dad hand a leg to the daughter first and then they turn their backs to pay the CM.

Out of nowhere the girl hauls off and whacks her brother with the turkey leg and just starts eating like nothing was wrong. The boy's got oil and fat dripping from his cheek. When his parents turn back around they're like, "<insert kids name here> Are you OK? What happened to you?" He was all dazed and confused.

As a little sister, I couldn't help but giggle and feel inside, "you go with that turkey leg, girl!"

lol that's too funny.

AuntDJ
06-01-2008, 06:24 PM
OMG!!! These stories are sooo funny!

The turkey leg made me laugh at loud! I can totally see our kids doing this!

And the Grandma story is classic....

My trips seem to be fairly tame!

DJ

JMTStone
06-01-2008, 09:26 PM
On our last trip, our girls went to see Aladdin and Jasmine. Aladdin was really playing it up asking the girls what their "servants" do for them. (DH and me) Like, do they buy you things? Do they drive you everywhere? etc.

My DD15 was really playing it up all day. When she needed a napkin, it was "servant, get me a napkin"

We went into the bathroom with both girls. I'm standing outsite of the stall, waiting for her to finish when she cries "servant, wipe my butt"

I was mortified until I saw my DD15 giggling and then I busted out laughing. Who knows what people thought.

MickeysEars
06-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I was sitting with my DD waiting for Boat to take us across the World Showcase Lagoon. I heard a woman say "oh my goodness, that little boy's head is stuck between the bars in the fence." I didn't want to look because I knew it my son whose head was stuck. I turn to look just as I hear my husband say "I told you not to stick your head in there!" my son was fine, by the way, his came out as eaisily as it went in.

wire0monkey
06-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Jack Sparrow cruised me. My brother and my sons and I were waiting for the Pirate Tutorial Show to start. The 2 year old had ice cream all over his face and I was bent over a stroller trying to clean i up. I must have been in the way of "Jack's" entrance and I didn't see him coming up behind me. The actor made an enormous show of checking out my butt as I bent over the stroller. I was oblivious, but my brother and a bunch of other parents were rolling. The kids were clueless, of course.

When I realized what happened, I turned purple and that made my brother laugh even harder.

DisneyDudet
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
On our last trip, our girls went to see Aladdin and Jasmine. Aladdin was really playing it up asking the girls what their "servants" do for them. (DH and me) Like, do they buy you things? Do they drive you everywhere? etc.

My DD15 was really playing it up all day. When she needed a napkin, it was "servant, get me a napkin"

We went into the bathroom with both girls. I'm standing outsite of the stall, waiting for her to finish when she cries "servant, wipe my butt"

I was mortified until I saw my DD15 giggling and then I busted out laughing. Who knows what people thought.

You know what? I can totally picture some kids saying that! That had me rolling!

Jack Sparrow cruised me. My brother and my sons and I were waiting for the Pirate Tutorial Show to start. The 2 year old had ice cream all over his face and I was bent over a stroller trying to clean i up. I must have been in the way of "Jack's" entrance and I didn't see him coming up behind me. The actor made an enormous show of checking out my butt as I bent over the stroller. I was oblivious, but my brother and a bunch of other parents were rolling. The kids were clueless, of course.

When I realized what happened, I turned purple and that made my brother laugh even harder.

Note to self: do not bend over where Capt. Jack COULD be...

I have a few. They aren't really that funny now, but super funny at the time.

We're on a bus bound to MK. It is us, a couple (sitting in the back) and a family of 5, mom, dad, and three boys. The oldest seemed to be maybe 8, next 7, but the youngest, maybe 5. The oldest boys were picking on the youngest... saying silly things to him. Most of it, he didn't realize it was mean until they got in trouble by mom and dad. He obviously enjoyed the attention from his brothers. All of a sudden, like he had be thinking of the greatest comeback known to man, he says, "Yalls gots boogers in yalls noses!!" THAT had everyone on the bus rolling, including the driver!! He was so proud of himself for being so funny! We were on the bus one more time with that family, but the boys fell asleep, so no more fun.

Another time was we were on the train station in 2002 waiting for the afternoon parade to start. This is an amazing place to people watch, as you can see a bunch at one time. So, it was getting closer to start time, and we were getting our cameras out. We look out across the way, and there's a little boy playing in the road. Mom is taking pictures, and we look for dad. Where's dad? Oh, behind mom, IN the stroller, ASLEEP!! He was SOUND asleep. Needless to day, we have pictures of that in our photo ablum.

The third is probably funny only if you were there, but we think about it every trip. So, we are at MGM (DHS.... :humph:), walking past the building that housed Sounds Dangerous on the right. On the left were topiaries of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, plus you can hear the Hi Ho! music in the background for ambiant music. We're walking and no one is in front of us, pretty much an empty section of the park. All of a sudden the dad from the family behind us (one boy about my age at the time (around 20 or so) and a younger teenage daughter, plus mom) blurts out HI HOOOOOOOO just like the Dwarfs do in the caves! Oh my lord we were ROLLING! That was so funny. The kids were so embarassed, but it was just us and them, and he bowed for his performance.

Sorry that was so long, but from what I remember, those were the best stories!

JPL
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
I saw quite a few funny things at the parks

The funniest being a story I have told here many times. I was in Disneyland and I was walking by the area where people were waiting for fantasmic and I saw someone sitting there eating corn out of the can. They had a sppon and were just digging in :rotfl: I actually circled back to verify this.

On one of my recent trips I was in Philharmagic and notcied every time the 3D effects would appear there was a flash :photo:. It was a person in front of me trying to take pictures of the 3D effects :funny:

alilprincessmom99
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
This is something I overheard while on a bus back to our hotel. So, we were on a bus back to POP, it was just us and maybe 10 other people. I heard this lady telling a male in her group about underground at MK. What was so funny about it was that she told him that underneath all of Walt Disney World was a city where the cast members lived and that there was a hospital and a police department, grocery stores and everything a small city has. I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing out loud. It was so funny!

DisneyDog
06-03-2008, 10:57 AM
The funniest thing was on our trip last month. We got off the boat in between the Swan and the Dolphin. You know how there is a HUGE swan on top of the Swan and a HUGE dolphin on top of the Dolphin? You can't miss them -- you can see them from everywhere, including in the parks.

This gentleman asks the boat captain "where is the Swan?"

DH and I cracked up and got out of there asap. We just couldn't believe that he could possibly miss the giant swan! We have been joking about that for weeks now!

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
06-03-2008, 12:05 PM
We were sitting near the Railroad Station hub at Main Street, waiting for Spectromagic. This is a good and popular spot to watch Spectromagic, so there are tons of people (like anywhere else). The castmembers have done a great job of trying to entertain people, and they do a lot of interactive games to keep folks occupied.

Well, there were three castmembers who brought out a jumprope; two CMs would work the rope, and one would jump. He was REALLY good at jumping rope, by the way.

They encouraged kids to join in, and try out jumping rope. The crowds got involved, counted jumps, clapped, etc, that is to say that A LOT of people watched.

Well, this one kid decides to give it a go; he's wearing those cargo shorts that are sort of baggy. He gets going, makes a couple of jumps, and HIS PANTS FALL DOWN!! This kid is SO embarassed, and the crowd's reaction is a mixed embarassed for the kid and hysterical laughter.

The CM that was jumping rope didn't help at all, because he was literally rolling around on the ground, pounding his hand into the ground he was laughing so hard.

I felt bad for the kid, but it was SO funny!

Note to self: always wear a belt at Disney!

BMan62
06-03-2008, 12:41 PM
The funniest thing was on our trip last month. We got off the boat in between the Swan and the Dolphin. You know how there is a HUGE swan on top of the Swan and a HUGE dolphin on top of the Dolphin? You can't miss them -- you can see them from everywhere, including in the parks.

This gentleman asks the boat captain "where is the Swan?"

DH and I cracked up and got out of there asap. We just couldn't believe that he could possibly miss the giant swan! We have been joking about that for weeks now!

Actually, if I remember correctly, the icons are reversed - the Swan is on top of the Dolphin Hotel and vice-versa.

tinkerbellybutton
06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
In 1997 we took the kids for their first trip. Ds was only 7 months old. Well, my ex, DD and myself got off Splash Mountain and were to meet my mom (who had the baby) by the bathrooms near the exit. When we got there Brer (sp?) Bear and Brer Fox were meeting people. We got in line and when DD got to the front I take a picture. I had used the last pcture on the film so I changed it and when I looked up again Brer Fox had taken DS out of his stroller, he's holding him at arms length and DS has a death grip on his nose and is chewing on it. That was funny enough but then the next thing I know, Brer Fox hugs him close and takes off. He got a good 50 yards away before he stopped and held him out again. DD looked paniced, like her brother was really being kidnapped. Thanks goodness I had just changed the film, I got tons of pictures of the whole thing :D

DisneyOtaku
06-03-2008, 04:06 PM
My sister and I LOVE the little water boats you can take from Poly onto the 7 Seas Lagoon. Years ago, I was driving while my sister had my video camera. One of our favorite things is wait for a bigger boat to cross in front of us and then we speed up to "ride the waves". Well, one of the fairy boats went by and we were close enough (yet far enough to be safe from the boat) to get a REALLY big wave. I go at full speed....and on our way down, the tip of our boat went under, and under....water filled into our boat as my sister and I are screaming thinking we're going to sink. I quickly put to boat in neutral. We bob right back up only to see all the water in the boat. We looked at each other for a few moments then started cracking up. We decided not to go after any REALLY big waves after that :thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
06-03-2008, 05:21 PM
OMG! I'm laughing so hard that I have tears of eyeshadow coming down my cheeks. I don't know that either of these instances are that funny but here goes.

On my trip w/my fam in 96, we were waiting for spectromagic. It was hardly dark yet. A couple of CMs dressed in Huck Finn garb come through. They suddenly kidnap one of those lighted toy carts, one jumps on and the other one starts running at full speed. And they're singing, to the "best" of their ability, the spectromagic music. The one riding is waving the various neon toys around while the one pushing is nearly careening into people. It was hysterical.

In 97, I went with my sisters. We'd spent the day at one ofthe water parks until it was closed b/c of thunderstorms. It had kind of been spotty, so most people just went into the lockerrooms to change until the weather was called and the park closed. It stopped raining for awhile and there's a huge group of us waiting for the POR bus. Well the skies open up and it's torrential rain. Everyone kind of huddled into the trees and (I think) an overhang. Except for this one French family. They stood on the very edge of the curb where the bus was going to pull up, with towels over their heads. In a matter of seconds the towels were dripping wet as were they, and they were shivering. A bunch of people were commenting on how stupid they were. It was just so funny. It rained like that until the bus pulled up and the even funnier thing? He didn't stop by where they were standing, so they weren't even the first people on the bus after all that!

DisneyDudet
06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Actually, if I remember correctly, the icons are reversed - the Swan is on top of the Dolphin Hotel and vice-versa.

I think you are mistaken. The stone icons are on their respective hotels. There's even a story to them, even though people think there's no theming! Its acutally very interesting!

BMan62
06-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I think you are mistaken. The stone icons are on their respective hotels. There's even a story to them, even though people think there's no theming! Its acutally very interesting!

Sorry, I WAS mistaken.

DisneyDudet
06-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I WAS mistaken.

Hey, no problem! I am mistaken A LOT!

SpecJoe Magic
06-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure if this will be funny to read. It's one of those "you had to be there" moments. Many years ago, we were on a trip with a lot of family members, and we were waiting for a train at the Magic Kingdom. This is common for us because I have so many family members that are fans of WDW. It's very difficult for all of us to stick together during the trip, but we were all waiting at the train station in the Magic Kingdom with the intention of all getting on the same train. A train pulls up that has a lot of people on it so my aunt says, "Let's just wait on the next one." Well, most of us waited. All of sudden, those of us waiting look up to realize that my aunt who had insisted that we wait for the next train is on board and as the train is pulling away from the station, she is waving at us. There may have been a few of the group that got on with her, but I can't remember. Those of us left standing at the station were dumbfounded.

This next story might be considered too suggestive for the boards, but I hope not because it's both funny and embarrassing. This happened during the time when Disney was expecting Dick Tracy to be popular. Needless to say, there was Dick Tracy merchandise available at the parks. I have two cousins that were both seeking Dick Tracy figures at the time. My mom happened to locate the figures first, and she yells out to my cousins, "Paul! Michael! The plastic Dicks are over here!" Then she realized what she had just said. We have never let her live that one down.

TiggeRia
06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
My DBF and I attended MNSSHP last October and we were sitting on the curb waiting for the parade to start. A couple of CM's were walking around asking everyone to turn their flashes off when the Headless Horseman rides, so as not to spook the horse. I don't think anyone paid her a bit of attention and when he was riding down the streets I saw flashes of light coming from everywhere. The man sitting behind us commented to his wife that it was a shame that no one listened to what the CM's were asking. The woman replied "Well, of course people are going to take pictures--Disney should use a horse that isn't afraid of flashing lights." My DBF and I just looked at each other and shook our heads....

Lisaj13
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
In October 2006 we were at the World and visited Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. I knew that my 10-year-old dd would love TL because she's a real water baby, but I was surprised that my 13-year-old dd loved the "lazy river". She would even go on it by herself when the rest of us went on other things in the park. Fortunately, when this happened we were all together. We're cruising around the river on our inner tubes, we go under one of the bridges and suddenly oldest daughter screams blue murder!!

A lifeguard on the bridge had poured a cup of cold water on her, hitting her directly on the stomach area. After the shock, and the scream, she laughed just as much as the rest of us.

monkeycity
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
This next story might be considered too suggestive for the boards, but I hope not because it's both funny and embarrassing. This happened during the time when Disney was expecting Dick Tracy to be popular. Needless to say, there was Dick Tracy merchandise available at the parks. I have two cousins that were both seeking Dick Tracy figures at the time. My mom happened to locate the figures first, and she yells out to my cousins, "Paul! Michael! The plastic Dicks are over here!" Then she realized what she had just said. We have never let her live that one down.

I don't care who you are... That's funny right there! :rotfl::funny::haha: