PDA

View Full Version : Hoop dee doo & transportation

sndral
05-30-2008, 11:20 AM
We have 9:30 ressies @ Hoop dee doo in Sept. and are staying @ Port Orleans FQ, I think I can figure out how to get there ok, but coming back to POFQ seems awfully late - anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking taxi could be easiest for 4 adults (mom is a reasonably fit age 74.)
thx all.

medic9016
05-30-2008, 11:58 AM
There will be a bus for each resort waiting when you come out. I don't think they stop any place else. If you want to take a taxi , you will have to get on a Fort Wilderness internal bus. It will take you to the front of FW and you will have to take a taxi from there. It is porbably easier to take the direct resort bus.

KylesMom
05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I concur with Medic - Taxis are not allowed in the area of Ft. Wilderness where Hoop-De-Doo is held - I'd definitely "bus" it back to POFQ instead of trying to snag a taxi!

wendy*darling
05-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I totally agree with the above posters for getting back after the show. Get right on the POFQ bus and you're done.

I think I can figure out how to get there ok
I just wanted to make sure you aren't making the early end more difficult than it needs to be.
All you need to do is get to the MK entrance. Then right out front, get on the boat to Fort Wilderness.
Pioneer Hall (HDD) is just down the path from the dock. Very easy, and a nice relaxing ride over to FW.

Enjoy the show. :mickey:

disneyfankev
05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
i took the boat from mk. it was a short walk to the show once you get off the boat. my kids loved the ride and had no troubles, in fact it went so smoothly we were early.

Momof2boys
05-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Just wanted to toss my thanks in here as well - we have a 9:30 Hoop Dee Doo planned in October and didn't know about the busses waiting at the end of the show. Cool ! :cool:

sndral
05-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanx all. I did not know about the buses and assumed we'd have to get to TTC or something - that's perfect. Also thx for the tips re getting there - I love boat rides (something to do w/ too much jungle cruise as a child I imagine.)

DizneyRox
05-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Just to clarify there will be busses, but not one for each resort. Ask a driver and they will direct you to the bus that's stopping at your resort.

Also, don't fiddle around after the show. Those busses are one time only after the show and they don't wait long. A stop at the bathroom and you risk missing them. If that's the case, then you're going to need to get to the front of Fort Wilderness, bus to DTD and then back to your resort, OR you can catch a taxi from the front of Fort Wilderness.