PDA

View Full Version : What to wear to godson's graduation?

alphamommy
05-30-2008, 09:16 AM
My godson's high school graduation ceremony is next week. I suddenly had the revelation last night that this will be the first commencement I've attended since my own, which took place long ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

I don't know what to wear! What's appropriate these days? Do I need to wear a dress, or can I get by with nice slacks?

I'll try to get an idea from his mom what I should wear, but just thought I'd get an opinion here, too.

Thanks!

Kairi_7378
05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
While a dress would be fine, I think that slacks and a nice shirt would be appropriate as well. My brothers both graduated from college last week and the outfits there were... interesting to say the least! You might want to check to find out of the graduation is being held indoors or outdoors and take that into consideration when you select your outfit.

MsMin
05-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I usually dress up. We have had a graduation almost every year since 1993 here. I would say wear Sunday clothes ;) Pants can be appropriate but dressier pants than not. I think that now a days you can see most anything but it is an typically a little dressier but not formal.
So what do you plan to wear??

ShelbyAD
05-30-2008, 09:53 AM
My God-Son is graduating high school next week as well. I am driving to VA for it (11 hr drive). I have no clue as what to wear. I will bring a dress I have and a nice pant outfit. I will decide when I get there. Although I have no clue what the pant outfit will be.

This will be the first time I have seen him in 10 years. He was the ring barer at my wedding (ok, so he was an older one - 9yrs old).

I did go to VA 2 years ago, but he was not there. He was on vacation with his father & siblings. His mom (my best-friend) was home without them. She actually enjoyed the peace & quiet. :secret: