PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up MNSSHP

Jeniflower
05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
The evil twin and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time this year :mickey:

I was planning to dress up as a fairy god mother, but my sister says she's not dressing up.

Do adults dress up for this?

How about some suggestions for easy costumes.
:jack::malef::witch:

Bethis26fan
05-30-2008, 09:21 AM
We are going for the first time in Sept my me and my cousin are going to dress up. I'm 28 & she'll be 29. I think I'm going to go as Mr. Smee something easy but still fun.

buzz638
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone,

We were at the MNSSHP in october last year,and let me tell you, there's a lot of adult dressed up !!! I was very surprise, and it added a touch of magic to the evening. We were not prepare for that, so we ended up buying little things like a pirate kit for me(patch,earing,bandana) and Mickey ears for DD and Stich ears for DW. A little make up and it was perfect.

So go ahead and dress up, you're gonna have a lot of fun:thumbsup:

Buzz

Capt. Sparrow
05-30-2008, 10:36 AM
You will be surprised to find that more adults actually dress up for this event than those that do not. I was skeptical about dressing up for this at first, but when I got to the park, I noticed that just about everybody was dressed up! You will even find some people with real authentic pirate costumes, putting me and my jack sparrow wig and pirate hat to shame...:mickey:

DisneyCouture
05-30-2008, 10:49 AM
DH & myself dressed up last year, we were surprised to see so many adults dressed up as well. My DH dressed up as Jack Sparow and we couldn't finish eating our meal @ CP bc ppl kept coming up to us to ask if their child could have their picture taken with him. He bought his costume from some professional costume shop. I thought it was funny.:pirate:
I would think that a Pirates costume would be very easy to put together. You could go as Elizabeth Swann.

cal5755
05-30-2008, 03:20 PM
We will be going for the first time in September... we all plan on dressing up (ages range from 5 yrs to 96 yrs). We just have not decided on what yet but are not doing pirates and princesses. I really want to do Wizard of Oz characters but I think it is too hot for that (I want to be one of the apple throwing trees).... We also have votes for PUNKs or 50's theme...... although 70's would be groovy as well!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-30-2008, 11:13 PM
We went last year and didn't dress up because we thought it would just be something that the kids did. WOW! Were we wrong. Tons of adult were dressed up. Last year we had purchased Elizabeth Swann and Capt. Jack Sparrow costumes for a party. This year we will be wearing them to MNSSHP.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-30-2008, 11:59 PM
I should have my blue Aurora dress finished by this year. I got almost all the fabric (took forever to hunt down the right style for the godets and sleeves).

It's going to be based on the park's dress design.

Jeniflower
06-01-2008, 07:28 AM
:rocks:

thanks guys thats so helpful. I've got her persauded now we just have to find a costume. i'm thinking Tigger as she is so bouncy. just have to find her a tigger tail

:tink: :tigger:

biodtl
06-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I had a vintage Daisy Duck hat, so my friend and I went as Daisy and Minnie.

DisneyDudet
06-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Last year, we went as Stupid Judy, Ellen, and Bill Nye the Science Guy. I wore a shirt that we found online that said Stupid Judy. My mom wore a shirt we found that had an arrow pointing to me that said Stupid Judy (too funny), and we got my dad a blue lab coat, bow tie, and he was set for Bill Nye! Not a lot of people figured it out, but it was fun. Dad got hot in the coat (lightweight), so we're going to try for something lighter this year.

I think my dad might go for the Tacky Travler get up.. you know... sandals with black socks, plaid shorts and hawaiian shirt. I might try for a Jungle Cruise Skipper. I want to go for something obscure, but highly Disney related, so we'll see.

Queen Stephanie
06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
FUN, FUN, FUN:mickey:

disneydeb
06-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I went as Fairy Godmother last year and lots of people asked me to have my picture made with their little Cinderellas!

I loved it!