PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! No more pencils, No more books...

Dr_Nigel_C
05-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Happy Friday, everyone! :mickey:

Well, summer is fast approaching, and kids are already out (or almost out) of school for summer break! :bus:

So, what better way to celebrate than with our very own "School's Out, Let's Party" party!! :party:

I figured we'd show movies pool-side today. First up, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, followed by Breakfast Club. Any other suggestions?? :)

Oh, almost forgot the Drink-of-the-day (tm):

Too Cool For School
1 oz MalibuŽ coconut rum
1/2 oz mango schnapps
1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
2 oz orange-pineapple juice

Serve ingredients above in a cocktail glass, shake beforehand. Or double amounts and serve in a tall glass.

Of course, lemonade is available for you kids out there...

Well, have a fantastic weekend, everyone! A reminder: Jamie, Nigel Jr. and I will be in Disneyland next weekend, so we'll have a substitute teacher hosting the party next Friday. So, BEHAVE! :P

Happy Friday!

TikiGoddess
05-30-2008, 07:51 AM
How about a "School is almost out -- three weeks countdown" party? My school isn't out until June 23rd.... but the end is in sight. Have a great weekend, everyone!

My weekend is starting off with my daughter's first ever sleepover. So tonight we'll have my 3 yr old, my 5 yr old, and a 4 yr old friend sleeping (or not sleeping... giggling most likely...) over.

TikiG

JanetMegan
05-30-2008, 08:00 AM
No school age folks in this house, but it does make the traffic around town a lot better ;) S that's something to celebrate. I'll take one of those school drinks-large size ;)

disneydrmr
05-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Happy Friday! And happy summer to all who actually get to enjoy it. If we are watching movies by the pool (or in the pool) we should watch Creature from the Black Lagoon when it gets dark... when I was in college they had a 'dive in' and we were all in tubes in the pool and they showed that movie... wellllll.. you can guess what the guys had fun doing.. swimming up under the tubes and tugging on the girls' legs... anyhooo... with all the stress and craziness in my life right now I think I'll take one (or two) of those drinks!

Nigel, Jamie, and Nigel Jr - I hope you guys have a GREAT time in Disneyland! Please yodel on the Matterhorn for me! :D

MsMin
05-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh the Matterhorn, I sure miss that...
Kids have been out here and temps are hitting 95 already. :sun: Rob with those movies I think I will start with 2 drinks. Breakfast Club...
Have a great time in DL... WE will miss you guys.. Bret and Sherrie will be gone and you and Jamie :(
Do ride the Matterhorn for me...

weswerx
05-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Happy Friday!
Enjoy your summer break, whatever that is...
Rob & Jamie & jr., you guys have a great trip next week.

wdwgrl377
05-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Happy Friday Everyone! :mickey:

This sounds like a great party! Great movies too! We will miss you guys while you are in DL! We'll try to behave while you are away! :D

Have a safe, fun-filled weekend everyone!

MickeysGirl
05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
WE will miss you guys.. Bret and Sherrie will be gone and you and Jamie :(
Do ride the Matterhorn for me...

We will miss you guys too! We do have internet in the room (I think) so we will try to get the party started from there, Unless Rob made other arrangements... I have no idea! My brain is in California already. :vacation:

Thanks for the reminder Beth, I forgot Bret said they were going to be in WDW while we were in DL. I'm going to send him text messages and say "We're on Alice, what are you on?" hahaha

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Enjoy and stay cool!

Drinks are on the bar... :beer: :marg: :papple: :wine:

Nascfan
05-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I vote for Fast Times at Ridgemont High!

Happy Friday everyone! School is out midweek next week here. And 2 weeks from today we go to WDW! :mickey:

d_m_n_n
05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
DSs have been out for over a week now :woohoo: . I don't know who was more excited for summer this year...them or ME!!!

What about the movie "Summer School?" Dating myself here...I thought the teacher was soooo hot when I was a teenager! :cloud9:

Jeff G
05-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Happy Friday! Today was my kids last day of school which means summer officially began for us:clappy:!!!

Great movie choices, two of my all time favorites. Another choice I'll offer is "Grease", the final scene with school ending is great. Have a fun time in DL.

My weekend is starting off with my daughter's first ever sleepover. So tonight we'll have my 3 yr old, my 5 yr old, and a 4 yr old friend sleeping (or not sleeping... giggling most likely...) over.

You are a brave soul. I remember my daughtes first sleep over at about that same age. My only bit of advice is to have lots of coffee on hand tomorrow:sleepin:.

Here's to everyone:beer:, have a great weekend!

drummerboy
05-30-2008, 01:19 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Substitute next week? Hooboy. :thedolls:

Momof2boys
05-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Happy Friday ! !

My boys are counting down - they still have 9 days left (1 extra because of the snow days we had this year).

This weekend we'll be attending DS7's soccer game and on Sunday we're having a Golf Outing fundraiser for school. I've never golfed, but I hear the liquor cart comes around pretty often :) :marg:

Speaking of, I'll take one of today's drinks and settle down to watch the movie . . .

SgtTigger
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Happy Friday

I cant wait............... Sherrie's last day is today and I am already home from work we have less than 18 hours till we leave.....

Sorry folks but no BBQ today..... See I cant take a chance of getting hurt because MissSgttigger will kill me if I get hurt and dont make our Disney cruise on Sunday......... So no open fires........ Yes it is killing me......:flame:

Remember Jamie I will be on a cruise ship from the 1st till the 5th.... then on to WDW.... :muscles:

I hope everyone has a great time this week I hope to visit live from WDW for next weeks party..........:pixie:

:cop: :tigger:

wdwgrl377
05-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Happy Friday

I cant wait............... Sherrie's last day is today and I am already home from work we have less than 18 hours till we leave.....

Sorry folks but no BBQ today..... See I cant take a chance of getting hurt because MissSgttigger will kill me if I get hurt and dont make our Disney cruise on Sunday......... So no open fires........ Yes it is killing me......:flame:

Remember Jamie I will be on a cruise ship from the 1st till the 5th.... then on to WDW.... :muscles:

I hope everyone has a great time this week I hope to visit live from WDW for next weeks party..........:pixie:

:cop: :tigger:

Bret, that would be awesome if you could visit live from WDW! Have fun on your first Disney Cruise! We'll let you slide this time for not having a BBQ - I don't want you to get hurt. Disney is waiting for you! :mickey::D

vizsla
05-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Happy Friday Everyone

BronxTigger
05-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Happy Friday!

School is not out until June 26 here! FOUR more weeks! :ill:

And no, my school does NOT have air conditioning! I resort to using my mister fan from WDW to bribe the kids. "Who's sitting down?" *SQUIRT*

MauiMouse
05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, have a fantastic weekend, everyone! A reminder: Jamie, Nigel Jr. and I will be in Disneyland next weekend, so we'll have a substitute teacher hosting the party next Friday. So, BEHAVE! :P

Happy Friday!

Have a fantastic time you three. I'll be looking forward to checking out all the awesome photos. :thumbsup:

We will miss you guys too! We do have internet in the room (I think) so we will try to get the party started from there, Unless Rob made other arrangements... I have no idea! My brain is in California already. :vacation:

Cool beans, I expect maybe a email or :call: something. hint hint :D

[COLOR="Green"]I cant wait............... Sherrie's last day is today and I am already home from work we have less than 18 hours till we leave..... :cop: :tigger:

Have a fantastic time on your cruise and enjoy your down time at WDW. :mickey:

d_m_n_n
05-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Happy Friday!

School is not out until June 26 here! FOUR more weeks! :ill:

And no, my school does NOT have air conditioning! I resort to using my mister fan from WDW to bribe the kids. "Who's sitting down?" *SQUIRT*

:here: :here: :here:

How cute!!

Dr_Nigel_C
05-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Substitute next week? Hooboy. :thedolls:

Well, it's obvious you kids can't be trusted with a substitute. Can't turn my back for one second!!!! :mad:

So...I guess we'll just have to log in from Disneyland and keep an eye on all of y'all. :P

Which means...if we're in Disneyland, and Bret and Sherrie are in Disney World...we'll have a:

Coast-to-Coast Disney Party next Friday! :mickey:

Hope everyone is having a great evening. Fresh round of drinks on the way. Next movie coming up: Napoleon Dynamite :)

ElenitaB
05-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Three more weeks for school here. I'm just looking forward to not having the morning rush!

Have a great time on your respective trips, y'all! We'll be expecting trip reports! :D